Saturday, August 21, 2021

What Dramas Did I Finish This Week?

Hello and welcome back! These are the dramas I finished this week. If you're interested in previous reviews, click here and if you want to see a list of my Favorite Asian OTPs and Ships, click here!

KDRAMA

 
FINISHED
Nevertheless (10/10): Park Jae Eon finds dating a waste of time but likes to flirt. Even though he is friendly and cheerful towards all, he does not pursue others. Park Jae Eon is a master of “push-and-pull” who doesn’t get swept up in emotions. Jae Eon draws firm lines between himself and other people and doesn’t reveal how he feels. Yet when Park Jae Eon meets Yoo Na Bi, he wants to cross those lines. Yoo Na Bi wants to date but doesn’t trust love. After a bitter experience with her first love, she doesn't believe in destiny anymore. But when she meets Park Jae Eon, he has a magical effect on her that challenges Na Bi’s decision to stay aloof.

Guys I swear I lost brain cells watching this show and it's such a struggle cause I started out thinking that this show was going to be fun and unique with Song Kang who I adored as the lead and instead I spent 10 excruciating hours watching one of the worst most toxic couples I've seen dance around the fact that they clearly wanted to be together. So okay look this show was practically a depiction of the thing that every girl goes through at least once in her life where she falls for a playboy who wants nothing more than to sleep around and refuses to date exclusively. Now don't get me wrong there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to keep things casual and Jae On especially went about it the right way at the start. He laid down clear lines with Na Bi where he explained that he was into her but did not want to date and yet Na Bi somehow ignores this and decides that he's the asshole for never committing. It's after this that things go to shit cause I lose my interest in not only whose side I'm on but the show. Na Bi keeps saying no to Jae On who keeps trying to pull her back any time he sees her interested in someone else without explaining that he wants things to be more serious while she won't admit that she loves him or wants to date him and yet keeps waiting for him to make the first move. I was dying a little more each week and by the end I was like everyone should be miserable from Na Bi and Jae On to poor Do Hyuk who was waaaaay too good for Na Bi anyway so he needed to get his heartbroken to move on. Even the side characters weren't it for me and so I barely limped to the finale just to see where it went and to say I did it.  6 / 10

JDRAMA


FINISHED
Fukuyado Honpo - Kyoto Love Story (12/12): Fukuyoshi Hina, Arare, and Hana are three sisters whose family run Fukuya, a 450-year-old traditional Japanese confectionery shop in Kyoto. This is the story of their individual romances, love of family and sacrifices for the sake of protecting tradition.

Being in a jdrama mood this week I decided to watch this drama after Onna no Sensou. My thought process was like well that show reminded me of Watashitachi and I miss the traditional world there so I looked for another jdrama with the same kind of vibe and that's how I ended up here. This drama was actually more of a family drama than I expected but I think that's exactly why I adored it so much despite the fact that I only liked the middle daughter's romance. The relationship between the sisters and the mom and the sweets shop was fascinating and I totally connected with Arare and felt things alongside her. I loved that Kenji was always in love with Arare like she was with him but because he was so quiet and ready to do his duty no matter what I was furious with the way he seemed to lead the poor girl on and I think she forgave him too quickly! I also was furious with the way the mom refused to allow Arare into the kitchen knowing that of all the three daughters she was the one who cared about the shop the most and the irony is that the show tried to tell me that everyone was struggling with duty but Hina seemed to leave the shop really easily! Speaking of Hina I really didn't pity her throughout any part of the show cause it seemed like she brought pain onto herself on her own. The man she loved her entire life wanted to marry her but she turned him down to marry a guy she knew nothing about. Then she found out that he had a mistress and decided that didn't matter either? Then why cry after the fact girl?? As you can tell I really enjoyed myself in this world and I wish that it had been longer! 8.5 / 10
FINISHED
 Onna no Sensou: Bachelor Satsujin Jiken (6/6): Naruto Tetsuya is an ideal bachelor, with a wealthy family background and handsome appearance. While participating in a reality show "Get The Bachelor", many women compete against each other to gain Tetsuya’s affection and marry him. Those women are Shikura Wakana, Kawahara Reina, Ichinose Rio, Morishita Ichika, Shimada Rie, Suzaki Riko and Endo Sei. While the women battle against each other, one woman from the group murders Tetsuya.

I'm sure as you can tell from the synopsis of this show alone, this is totally a cracky show that really makes no sense but I wanted to watch it cause I was in the mood for a jdrama and this one popped up! It's kinda a parody on the whole dating reality show thing mixed with a murder mystery and revenge and I swear the only reason it worked so well for me was the fact that since it was only 6 episodes there was no time to botch things. I kinda knew from the start who the killer was but I was actually shocked that she ended up going through with it cause I expected her to forgive the male lead for his family after she fell in love with him like the female lead from Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteru. Part of me expected the show to reveal that no actually it was x for y reason instead but we got a murder suicide revenge story instead making me wonder if I was right about her loving him and that's why she couldn't live with the guilt. Either way I was so on board with the nonsense and if you're in the mood for some crackiness then check this show out!! 6 / 10

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment