Saturday, February 5, 2022

What Dramas Did I Finish This Week?

Hello and welcome back! These are the dramas I finished this week. If you're interested in previous reviews, click here and if you want to see a list of my Favorite Asian OTPs and Ships, click here!

CDRAMA


FINISHED 
Nirvana In Fire 2 (50/50): Xiao Ping Zhang and Xiao Ping Jing are the talented sons of Xiao Ting Sheng, the Prince of Changlin and general of the Liang dynasty’s most powerful army. Ping Zhang is the eldest and heir of Changlin, while Ping Jing is carefree and receives teachings from the the master of Langya Hall in the jianghu. The Changlin Manor exists, first and foremost, for the people of Da Liang. They are greatly respected and trusted by the current and past emperor and they act with high integrity and loyalty to the country. However, there are those who worry that the Changlin Manor is gaining too much power and favour, and there are those with old grudges to repay. As such, shadowy plots battle once again with righteous conduct in this sequel, as familial ties, moral values, ambition, and coming of age themes take the protagonists through a tumultuous road to finding oneself.

After having finished the first season of this show last week I jumped right into checking out the second one. I know that most people didn't like this season as much as the first but on the whole I think it was just as good as the first but in a different way. I definitely cried more in this season than I did the first and I think it's cause the show made me fall in love with the Xiao family so much only to rip them away from me one by one until only Pingjing and his sister-in-law was left! On that note Pingjing was definitely my favorite character in this show cause we got to follow him through a huge chunk of his life and watch him go from this carefree troublemaker to somehow who shouldered the world's problems on his shoulders. I would not be the first person to point this out but Pingjing is basically who Lin Shu would have been like if his family wasn't destroyed so early on. I also loved that we saw a lot of descendents from season 1 and that unlike what most sequels do we saw that they all became good people. If I did have any complaints with this show it would be that I didn't particularly care for any of the villains this show gave us unlike those in season 1 but also that the ending was so bittersweet for me. I guess in a way I could understand why Pingjing left the capital and power to live a happy life with the woman he loved but I also couldn't help but feel like the villains won in the end because they did manage to strip Changlin of everything they had. Having said all that I'd still give this show a 9.5 / 10!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment