Friday, September 6, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and the amount of episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Doctor John (28/32): In a refreshing take on the genre, “Doctor John” will portray the doctors’ search for the cause of their patients’ mysterious pain as a thrilling chase, almost like a detective hunting down the perpetrator behind an unsolved crime. Cha Yo Han is a genius anesthesiologist, who is also the youngest professor at his medical school. The brilliant doctor goes by the nickname “10 Seconds,” referring to his ability to figure out his patients in the 10 seconds that it takes for them to enter an examination room and walk to their seat. Kang Shi Young is a legendary anesthesiologist, who was always at the top of her class throughout medical school. The talented doctor inherited her skills from her cool-headed, rational mother, while she inherited her empathy, listening skills, and warm bedside manner from her father.

Okay first and foremost I have to say that I couldn't connect emotionally with the problem this week of Yo Han being outed as a CIPA patient which is why I found myself emotionally disconnected from the show. I don't know if this is another Korean cultural difference that I can't connect to or if it's just a writing thing to up the stakes but I cannot figure out why in the hell Yo Han being unable to feel pain makes him an untrustworthy doctor or a liability. Regular doctors can't feel their patient's pain either! Everything is dependent on what they've learned is too much pain and how to treat it! It would be like saying a male doctor couldn't be a OBGYN cause they've never been pregnant so how could they understand a pregnant woman?? But whatever let's pretend it makes sense and move on. I really enjoyed seeing how everyone from the pain management doctors to all of their patients rallied around Yo Han and showed the disciplinary board that despite what those articles online were saying and what that nurse believed, the patients still believed in Yo Han and his ability to treat them. Having a public interview was definitely the smartest thing they could have done and it was clearly enough to get Yo Han back even if he may not stay long. I have a feeling that he'll end up going to the Cleveland Clinic in like the final episode next week and there will be a time jump but then he'll return in the last few minutes fully cured. It's also possible Shi Young might follow him to the states but I feel like he'd tell her to stay if she tried. I'm starting to cool on their romance tbh and I don't know what it is but I think it's that the two don't have romantic chemistry. They look good together but as friends and idk maybe a kiss next week might change my mind but who knows. I also really loved the stuff with Prosecutor Son and Kerobim. As I thought last week Yo Han was not for it and he is now working alongside Son to get rid of it which makes me happy cause I've really found myself enjoying Prosecutor Son as the season went on.
FINISHED Heart To Heart (16/16): Cha Hong Do suffers from social phobia and has a problem with severe blushing. She does have a strong sense of curiosity and learns from books and the internet. One day, her grandmother, Cha Hong Do's only contact with the outside world, dies. She then begins doing housework as a maid, but disguises herself as an elderly woman. Through an incident, she meets a psychiatrist, Ko Yi Seok.

My goodness but this was a dark horse of a drama that I honestly would have never watched and never expected to love as much as I did! I really enjoyed Chun Jung Myung in Fluttering Warning even if I ended up not finishing that drama cause he just had this strange kind of charm to him despite not being the most attractive actor out there. It was the same here. Yi Seok had this way of looking at Hong Do that just made me melt. It was funny cause at first I thought Yi Seok was kind of a terrible person and a really terrible psychiatrist cause he really didn't care about his patients but as the show went on it was clear that he had his reasons for what he did. Meanwhile Hong Do was extremely shy and scared to be out in public but at the same time she felt comfortable enough with Yi Seok in order to say what she meant. I really liked that though she was scared, she didn't struggle with her emotions or what she was feeling. It's what really worked for me about them as a couple cause they each helped the other overcome what they couldn't alone. Yi Seok taught Hong Do that it was okay to be brave and not fear the world while Hong Do showed Yi Seok that he was a great person without needing to pretend to be his brother and that someone could love him unconditionally. I didn't like the second male lead though and honestly his whole thing with Hong Do took way too many episodes cause I was much more fascinated by the storyline with Hong Do being Young Mi and I thought that they should have started that earlier in the show so that we could get maximum impact of the angst which surprisingly I adored for once. I loved how torn up Hong Do and Yi Seok were without each other and I cried for them so many times which is why I was honestly furious with how the show ended cause seriously the Ko family were probs the worst villains out there cause at least in other dramas the chaebol family does stuff cause they think it's right according to tradition or society but in this case they just ruined a poor girl's life just cause it was easy and they didn't want to deal with it! I seriously recommend checking this drama out if you haven't cause I'd give it a 10 / 10!
    FINISHED Hotel de Luna (16/16): Jang Man Wol is the CEO of Hotel del Luna. The hotel is situated in downtown in Seoul and has a very old appearance. She made a big error many years ago and, because of this, she has been stuck at Hotel del Luna. She is beautiful, but she is fickle, suspicious and greedy. Goo Chan Sung worked as the youngest assistant manager ever at a multinational hotel corporation. He is a sincere perfectionist. He looks level-headed, but he actually has a soft disposition. Due to an unexpected case, he begins to work as a manager at Hotel del Luna. The hotel's clientele consists of ghosts.

    The finale aired this week and I still to this day cannot figure out what didn't work for me about this drama. Everywhere I look on the internet I see that this has been a favorite drama of others and I'm over here like dude it's fine but nothing like how attached I got to A Korean Odyssey. Honestly I think it had something to do with me not feeling the chemistry between Man Wol and Chan Sung and not really finding their love story all that interesting which is no fault of the show's. Their love is supposed to be healing and gentle rather than all consuming and passionate and honestly it's a personal preference! I did like the way the final episode went with us slowly saying goodbye to every hotel employee and then Man Wol and I liked the hint of a happy ending too which I think the Hong Sisters probably learned after the intense backlash A Korean Odyssey got. It was always funny to me cause it was obvious how that show would have ended with Oh Gong stealing Seon Mi from the Underworld so they could be together but apparently that was too vague so in this instead of ending with Ma Go mentioning that Man Wol and Chan Sung were still tied by the red string of fate, we actually saw them in another life being together. For a second I actually thought that she had come back magically and I was going to be annoyed cause dramas need to stick with it when there's supposed to be a death but I liked that we saw everyone happy in their new life. I also didn't really love the sudden reveal that Chan Sung and Man Wol did know each other 1300 years ago cause I liked the idea of soulmates finding each other for the first time in this life. Overall I'd give this show a 7.5 / 10 cause it was fine but nothing that I'll probs watch over and over.
    I Wanna Hear Your Song (20/32): A murder takes place. Hong Yi Young, who is a timpanist, does not remember what happened on the day of the murder. She is simple-minded and suffers from insomnia. Hong Yi Young looks for a job. She happens to meet Jang Yoon. He is bad at singing but is a pianist in an orchestra. To help with Hong Yi Young's insomnia, Jang Yoon calls her every night. They try to find the truth about the murder. Meanwhile, Nam Joo Wan is an orchestra conductor. He has charisma and showmanship. Ha Eun Joo is a violinist in the orchestra. She is arrogant.

    The problem I'm feeling with this show is that it's starting to drag like crazy. I want to know what's going on but unlike a lot of other mystery shows, this one keeps spinning its wheels. We've pretty much pieced together everything that happened a year ago other through flashbacks and random discussions with the bad guys but the problem is that neither Yi Young or Yoon know any of it so they keep going the wrong way in their search which is annoying to watch. Like why couldn't Yi Young actually be seeing those flashbacks as memories slowly so that Yoon and her could piece it together? There's obviously some sort of cover up happening and there was definitely two people in her dream but like was she dreaming that or was that a flashback for us cause she didn't bring it up again! He at least is finally moving on from Yi Young to Joo Wan through a little help from Eun Joo but it's so hard cause he's way out of his depth and I feel like rather than playing the long game like he did with Yi Young, he's instead laying down his cards too early. Why in the hell would he ask Joo Wan if he followed Ian? Did he think that Joo Wan would be like oh thanks for asking I've been itching to tell the truth! I also have a feeling this week that though Chairman Jang doesn't seem like it, I do think he's been searching for the truth on the sly. I want to believe that he's more powerful than Professor Kang who's definitely behind Ian's death (accidental or not) but the fact that he called Eun Joo over to ask for dirt on Kang makes me think he knows more than he's letting on. I still don't know what that creepy guy is looking for or why it's important but I have a feeling that it'll end up being some sort of flash drive with some proof of Kang doing evil possibly that money laundering that Joo Wan mentioned and Ian was kidnapped in order to take the flash drive back only to end up running into traffic and that flash drive missing.
    FINISHED Justice (32/32): Lee Tae Kyung is a star lawyer with the best win rate. He is able to win cases by using his sharp logic and intelligent speeches. He amasses power and wealth by dealing with clients who are part of the elite class. His cases are usually referred from Song Woo Yong who is the owner of a construction company. Lee Tae Kyung gets these high class criminals acquitted or at minimum receive probation. He first became a lawyer to get revenge for his younger sister, but has since become focused on money. He changes when he deals with a series of cases involving missing actresses. Meanwhile, Song Woo Yong has grown his construction company by funneling criminal cases involving wealthy people to Lee Tae Kyung. For his family, he desires even more power. He comes into conflict with Lee Tae Kyung over the cases involving missing actresses.

    What a strange and oddly disappointing ending I just experienced. It sucks super hard cause I really enjoyed everything about this show until now. It's the problem with writing such smart and rich and powerful villains that the more you hype them up as these unbeatable forces, the harder it is to break them without it feeling ham-fisted in. Don't get me wrong, I liked the way Woo Yong was taken down cause from the start there was an emphasis on his two weaknesses: his son and Tae Kyung. Of course it would be his soft spot that prevented him from killing Tae Kyung and fixing his problem. Of course it would be his son that ultimately brought in the evidence to take Woo Yong to prison. After that though I didn't like how he ended up killing himself cause it defeats the whole point of everything we did all season! It was also high key ridiculous how they took down Tak. All of a sudden he lost his mind and decided to kidnap Yeon Ah which led to the police being able to search his house and find evidence but it was so so lame cause though Tak had impulse control issues, he wasn't a moron and on what planet did he think that grabbing Yeon Ah while they were in the middle of such a mess was a good idea? I also don't know why the video they found wasn't enough to take him down when it clearly showed him holding a hostage! It does suck that he ended up pleading mental insanity in order to not go to jail but honestly that was the most logical this finale was. I'm also a little upset that Yeon Ah and Tae Kyung didn't even hint at the possibility of something happening in the future but more than that I don't love that Tae Kyung's future was left so foggy. Like after everything will be join Yeon Ah in the prosecution or will he keep his law firm? Overall I'd give this show a 9 / 10 cause despite the messy finale, I really enjoyed the rest of this drama!
    FINISHED Kill Me, Heal Me (20/20): After a traumatic experience in his childhood, Cha Do Hyeon, a third-generation billionaire, suffers memory lapses and his personality then scattered into seven different identities. Wanting to regain control over his life he asks Oh Ri Jin, a first-year psychiatric resident, to try to help him secretly, but she eventually falls in love with one of his personalities. Meanwhile, Ri Jin’s twin brother, Oh Ri On, is a famous mystery novelist who investigates Do Hyeon and his family.

    This was a tough one to decide to watch cause you know I think Ji Sung is one of the sexiest men alive but I've never been a fan of Hwang Jung Eum cause though I think she pulls off dramatic well, she's a little too over the top in comedies so I usually try to avoid her stuff after experiencing her in The Undateables. Eventually I decided to take the plunge and I've never been more thankful that I did. This show is absolutely incredible. Beyond incredible! Every single moment is so well written, acted, and thought out that it's a true masterpiece. The mystery between Do Hyun's past was beautifully done and each piece of the puzzle was more heartbreaking than the last. I was beyond horrified with the Cha family (and I thought the Ko family over in Heart To Heart was bad!) and everything they not only put Ri Jin and Do Hyun through when they were children but everything they did to cover it up afterwards as well. The DID was portrayed so well and though parts of it was done for comedy, there was always an underlying thread that told us how truly horrible this whole thing was. Despite that, I never once thought that Ri Jin liked any of them better than Do Hyun himself and I found myself missing Do Hyun when he wasn't around which tells you how incredibly Ji Sung acted. I cried so many times for so many reasons whether they were happy tears or heartbreaking ones. I loved that Ri Jin and Do Hyun were so intertwined and for once a childhood friends trope worked for me cause unlike other dramas where it's just tacked on, Do Hyun and Ri Jin would not be the people they were without one another. Their romance was everything and my heart fluttered every time they chose each other from when Ri Jin was the first person to ever want to stay with Do Hyun after finding out he has DID to Do Hyun actually being the only one to remember young Ri Jin fondly to Ri Jin forgiving Do Hyun for the past to Do Hyun begging Ri Jin not to leave him. I loved how the show ended with saying goodbye to each personality but I was really surprised Ri Jin's identity was never outed. I'd definitely give this show a 10 / 10!
      Melo Is My Nature (8/16): Im Jin Joo, Lee Eun Jung, and Hwang Han Joo are best friends who are 30-years-old. Hwang Han Joo is the head of a marketing team for a drama production company. She is a single mother who struggles to balance her work and personal life as she is raising a kid. Im Jin Joo is a drama writer with a lot of emotional ups and downs. Her personality is unique, talking to a luxurious purse at times. Even though she is a drama writer, she tries to write her scripts in a literary style. Lee Eun Jung is a documentary director. She runs her own production company, although she's the only employee. One of her documentaries surprisingly becomes popular overnight.

      I want to say nothing really happened this week but I also want to say a lot did and that's honestly the charm of this show. It's really funny cause Jin Joo is writing a script that basically is this drama with a focus on characters that are interesting and multi-dimensional rather than a drama with a complicated plot and it was honestly a fascinating discussion cause I adore both kinds as evidenced by what I'm watching right now! Something like Justice is so much more plot driven than character driven but I like both. I think we're also supposed to assume that Jin Joo and Beom Soo are into each other now but neither really wants to talk about it cause there are bigger things to worry about. I do wish that we had dialed back their screen time a bit this week cause I missed seeing Han Joo and Eun Jung barely has that much time anyway. Like I said before I like Eun Jung's dry wit and personality but her documentary is kinda boring to follow tbh though I think this week we finally got some answers on her state of mind. I was wondering whether she knows if her boyfriend died or not and it seems like she does but she also didn't know that she goes into these fugues where she talks to him cause she honestly seemed shocking watching herself talk to the air in that video. The poor girl. Han Joo on the other hand didn't get to spend too much time with Jae Hoon which sucked but we got more of an insight into his relationship and I'm just sitting here like baby boy you need to man up and break up with your girlfriend. I know it's scary to leave such a big part of your life but neither of you are happy and while she's physically cheating, he's emotionally cheating and it brings up the age old question of what's worse.
      FINISHED Shine Or Go Crazy (24/24): Wang So, a Goryeo prince, was born with the name, “Shine.” Shin Yul is a woman hailing from the Balhae kingdom and believed to have the powers of an oracle. A prince who suffered vile remarks because of a cursed prophecy finds himself attracted to a former princess from a fallen kingdom who faces death because of her fate to become the light of another kingdom. Their love is at a point of either shining or flaming out.

      When I first started this drama I didn't realize that it was covering a similar plot to Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo but after I did I couldn't stop comparing the two which you know may or may not be a good thing. Overall I do have to admit that I think I enjoyed this version better cause it was more serious and the romance played out better but the story was still not my favorite. First of all I do have to say that I've never really been a fan of Jang Hyuk which meant that I really didn't like his portrayal of So who seemed to be more comedic than So in MLSHR who had a much more tragic life so I connected to him more and the whole cursed prince thing was way underused which was strange. I also didn't love that the royal brothers were barely in this drama but other than that I think this version depicted the story better. I loved Yool and what a complete badass she was. Not once did she lose her agency or sense of self like Hae Soo did and I loved that she believed in So and their love so she never wavered. I also thought Yeo Won was a better villain/antihero but I found myself torn though on whether or not I thought it was awful that So and Yool were basically having an affair cause So is married but I think it added to the whole tragic romance and I think having it set in a time period helps get the gross feeling of cheating appear less intense cause in those times men could marry multiple women. I also wasn't a huge fan of how long we dealt with the crossdressing story or Yool's random brother cause he literally added nothing to the story and once again the ending was a mess. Yool was never the kind of women who would want to be imprisoned in the palace for the rest of her life especially as a concubine cause So already had a queen but like after 24 episodes of the two of them refusing to leave each other's side it seems illogical to be well goodbye forever now. Overall I'd give this drama a 8 / 10!
      The Great Show (4/16): Wie Dae Han is an ex-lawmaker and is a materialistic kind of politician. He wants to get elected as lawmaker again. One day, 18-year-old girl Da Jung comes to him. She tells him that he is her real father. Her mother raised four children, including Da Jung, alone, but she died in a hit-and-run accident. Da Jung is the only one now taking care of her 3 younger siblings. Wie Dae Han accepts Da Jung and her 3 younger siblings. He carries out “The Great Show” to become a lawmaker again.

      Okay first thing I want to say is god kids are the worst aren't they? I'm enjoying the hijinks cause it's hilarious watching Dae Han have to struggle with what to do but at the same time I'm just picturing myself surrounding with out of control children like that and I'm cringing. I mean Dae Han literally said not to touch his fish tank as his one rule basically and the kids decide that throwing a golf club around is fun and then the same kid runs into the street and then his twin runs away at a park. They're honestly just accidents waiting to happen! I do have to admit though the walking away at a park isn't exactly Song Yi's fault cause she did think she saw her dad and it's really the parent's job to make sure their child isn't running away but at the same time how hard is it to stay put? Dae Han and Da Jung's relationship is the most interesting so far though cause the poor girl has no idea that he's not really her biological father and she's been looking up to him for almost 4 years and all she really wants despite acting tough is for her dad to love her. Dae Han I think is getting pretty attached to his charges though and honestly like I said last week I do think he has a heart of gold that he's hiding under all this cold cause that's the way he learned to thrive in this world. I wonder if he'll end up dropping out of this coming election cause he'll want to be a parent more. It's also high key awkward that he was going on and on about being anti-abortion (which for one is a little crazy that he's the progressive side but also like it's not his opinion but what he thinks will get views) while at the same time poor Da Jung is nauseous in the background leading to what I think will be pregnancy rumors next week. I also have to admit that Soo Hyun feels out of place tbh cause though I like her dynamic with Dae Han, she's always around to judge him as a parent and it's like girl unless you want to be the mom stop being there all the time.

      CDRAMA


        FINISHED Love Better Than Immortality (40/40): A woman from the future arrives at a fantasy-like universe to experience love for the first time. She goes by the name Chun Hua and falls into a complicated romance with two young men who are opposites like black and white.

        I'm honestly disappointed with how this show ended. I've said over and over that this show's strength is when Chun Hua and Qiu Yue are together which is why the middle section after Chun Hua left Xiao Bai was so well done and I was so excited to watch episode after episode. Unfortunately that devolved into a mess with the whole love poison and then Chun Hua being unable to trust Qiu Yue and then them being separated once again. Part of my problem was this love poison cause until almost the end I couldn't figure out how it worked but most of my problem was with Chun Hua and her inability to trust the man she loved. The random few episodes in which Qiu Yue hated Chun Hua were a little satisfying cause the girl has been using his affection against him even though she's still running around judging him for what he does but at the same time totally lame cause he still loved her and rushed to her when she was dying. I was so pissed that even after he almost killed himself for her at the drop of a hat, she still sat around Xiao Bai's home waiting for what felt like permission to leave! Where's your backbone girl??? It's why the romance didn't work for me! I felt like she should have been more stubborn or confident in her affections and I hate that it felt like she wouldn't do anything for him when he would always put her first. I still think Xiao Bai and the righteous track are a bunch of hypocrites cause even when the truth came out they still blamed the evil track for enticing the righteous with lies and it's like damn it if the righteous track is so righteous, they shouldn't have fallen for evil tricks! It's all just a bunch of lies and I'm exhausted by this show. Overall I'm just mostly disappointed with this drama and the way it was written cause like a lot of cdramas that aren't political, the writing seems to jump all over the place and nothing ever really has consequences. The main female lead was a bit of a moron from start to finish and the only reason I ended up even finishing this drama was Qiu Yue. I'd give it a 7 / 10.
        Queen Dugu (25/50): After their family was wrongfully persecuted due to the machinations of a corrupt official, Dugu Jia Luo held strict expectations for herself to be independent and strong even at a young age. Her husband Yang Jian is a man of great spirit. He is a warrior, skilled in battle, who rises up the ranks to become the Emperor. With Dugu Jia Luo by his side, they succeed in uniting the country under the Sui Dynasty. The husband and wife stay in a monogamous relationship despite their imperial status and come to be revered by people as the two saints due to their extraordinary contributions to a new golden age.

        Okay look you know me and my tendency to dislike shows with politics and courtly drama but something about this show just caught my attention. Maybe it was Joe Chen who I loved in other dramas or maybe it was the fact that the synopsis made Jialuo and Jian's love sound so romantic but whatever it was I decided to jump in and check this show out. So far I'm enjoying myself though I had many frustrations at the start but for some reason they didn't bother me enough to want to drop this drama. I love how much Jian loves Jialuo and what a kind and loyal person he is enough so that even Jialuo was moved repeatedly by his heart and his kindness to the degree where she was already in love with him despite not even being a quarter of the way through this drama when usually dramas with high episode counts and a first love that the female lead couldn't obtain tend to make us wait until at least halfway through the drama before the love is returned. I did think Jialuo was a bit of a moron in the start cause after everything her family went through, she kept throwing herself over and over into the fray and just continuously got innocent people hurt from the last remains of her family to even Jian's family. I was sitting her wondering at what point would the girl realize that the best revenge is slowly calculated not quickly done but I do have to admit that since she's gotten super smart in politics since with how she's working with the Emperor and now has the heart of the Empress too! I also kept wondering why in the hell Yuwen Hu was so powerful. Like dude he's just the prime minister and regardless of what's up behind the scenes, the Emperor is the one in charge so when he makes a command and the PM makes a command, the Emperor should be the one listened to but it might just be that I don't understand politics.
        FINISHED The King's Avatar (40/40): In the multiplayer online game Glory, Ye Xiu is well known as the textbook level expert and a top-tier player. Due to a series of circumstances he was forcefully expelled out of his professional team. After leaving the pro gaming scene he resides at an Internet CafĂ© employed as one of the managers. When Glory launches the tenth server he throws himself into the game once more equipped with ten years of gaming experience, memories of the past, and an incomplete self-made weapon. His journey back to the top begins.

        The finale for King's Avatar aired this week and I'm definitely going to miss this drama! It's been probably the best gaming drama I've watched (is three enough to say that lol?) because not only have I been totally able to understand the game and how to win but I love that the focus of the show was the game and that it wasn't just a side thing to distract from everything else. Yang Yang made this show with his amazing acting as Ye Xiu but I adored the whole cast and everyone in Xing Xin and all the other professional players. It was my favorite thing that each player was loyal to their own team but could see the strength and good characteristics of the other players so there was no backstabbing or evil villains other than Tao Xuan from Jiashu cause even Sun Xiang eventually grew from a selfish person to a man who found the love of Glory like every other professional player out there. The one thing the show didn't do amazingly was explain how the competition worked cause until a game is finished I had no idea how we did and it wasn't until this week that I finally realized that Xing Xin and Jiashu were actually in a preliminary competition in which the final winner would go on to join the professional league and play for a bigger prize. That's why we didn't see any of the major teams play like Lan Yu or Wei Cao which I was complaining about last week! I also low key wish that there had been a hint of a romance in this show. I don't need it to take over the show like in Love O2O but it would have been nice if we got anything though the end with Guo getting hit on by Wei Chan was funny. I do wonder if this show will end up getting another season cause I feel like the professional league championship could be a whole other season! Overall I'd give this show a 9 / 10!
        Walk Into Your Memory (8/24): An Ning is a cook who can see other people's memories. When her boss Long Haoqian mysteriously loses memories from one year of his life, she starts to help him find the missing pieces. Initially at odds with each other, a series of amusing events bring them closer together.

        This show has so much in it that I love and we're not even halfway through yet! An Ning is hilarious and quirky and awesome while Haoqian is smart and kind though he pretends not to be. I love scenarios in which the male lead thinks he's all suave and a badass but the female lead scares him a little cause he can't use his usual tricks on her leading her to have the upper hand. Since this isn't a 50 episode show, we're already moving past the hate each other stage and through the friendship phase to love which I adore. An Ning is so kind that she can't help but want to help Haoqian even though he's not so great with her all the time while he's just continually stunned with the kind of unapologetic person she is. I was surprised to find out that An Ning tells Haoqian the truth basically right off the bat and I was so thankful that she's helping him search for old memories rather than having him go through amnesia now and lose his current personality. You know I love shows with couples that know each other's secrets cause it gives them an us against the world feel but since I'm still early on in the show, I don't know what the world will be like. At first glance it felt like Haoqian's parents are really strict with him but the way they reacted to the idea that he's finally spending time with another girl make me think that his father just wants what's best for him while his mother is more about society and how the family looks which makes me feel like he's so scared of touching women cause it relates back to his mother. I was really not looking forward to the episodes in which the parents disapprove so I was high key surprised that at the very least his dad was cool with him being with An Qing cause he was straight talking about Haoqian marrying An Ning! The second couple is really boring so far but I like the group of chefs in the kitchen An Ning works in and I love whenever the show focuses on food too!

        JDRAMA


        FINISHED I Don't Love You Yet (16/16): Mitari Yo is a career woman who works for a shoemaker. She finds her work rewarding and has successfully advanced in her career. But she keeps having her heartbroken and her romantic life has not gone very well lately. Ishida Ren works for a developer and is Yo’s best friend. An ex-classmate from both high school and university days, he understands her the best and is the only person she pours her heart out to. On Yo’s 29th birthday, the two friends place a wager to give 300,000 yen as a congratulatory gift to the one who is the first to get married by the last day they are 30. Although they declare that it is impossible for them to fall in love with each other, this wager, as well as advances by Ren’s junior in the company and Yo’s reunion with her ex-boyfriend Mizusawa Ryusei, lead to gradual changes in the relationship of the two best friends.

        You know if it wasn't for the bitter middle section of this drama I would be raving about it more. The best thing this show did was the chemistry and the writing for Ren and Yo but for some reason they made both Ren and Yo morons in the face of their feelings which made it hard for me to enjoy. Like I knew that eventually Yo would pick Ren but it was just so annoying to watch her with Ryusei. I blamed Ren for never stepping up and confessing regardless of whether it was before or after she got with Ryusei. He would have ran away to Shanghai and their friendship wouldn't have been the same if she married Ryusei anyway so there really was nothing to lose! I also blamed Yo for taking some words that a high school kid said in the face of her anger as an unchangeable truth and for buckling down on her idea of Ryusei even though it was so obvious not only to her but the audience that he wasn't right. I mean seriously he was so damn controlling and I would have lost it a long time ago! If it's their wedding why in the hell would he pick the venue, the flowers and even the dress! Like damn dude. I was happy though that Ryusei wasn't actually cheating cause it really needed to be Yo to step away and I preferred it would be because she loved Ren rather than Ryusei gave up or something. I do have to admit the final episode was super cute with Ren and Yo finally getting together and I'm still low key bitter that we couldn't have gotten more of it before! I'd give this show a 7 / 10 tbh.

        xoxo Allie

        No comments:

        Post a Comment