Saturday, September 18, 2021

What Dramas Did I Finish This Week?

Hello and welcome back! These are the dramas I finished this week. If you're interested in previous reviews, click here and if you want to see a list of my Favorite Asian OTPs and Ships, click here!

KDRAMA


FINISHED
Hospital Playlist 2 (12/12): Everyday is extraordinary for five doctors and their patients inside a hospital, where birth, death and everything in between coexist.

The second season for this show came to an end this week and I'm a little torn about it cause the rumors say that this is the final season which is why the show tried to tie up everything with a bow unlike last season where a lot was left open-ended but I also can't help but feel unsatisfied. This is primarily cause the one ship that I was most interested in was Min Ha and Suk Hyung and while they are together now and we did see them kiss, I am left wondering how things work out with them! We set up a whole thing where Min Ha and Suk Hyung's mom had a fight in the cafeteria and then the show was like never mind everything works out anyway? It was smart of Suk Hyung though to play out this whole US thing knowing that his mom was going to hate literally any girl he brought home so he preemptively struck. In other news Ik Jun and Song Hwa finally got together as did Ik Sun and Jun Wan who ended up getting back together. Jung Won and Gyeo Wool were happy and they're heading off to the US though I was surprised that they didn't get engaged! All in all I thought this season was better than the first so I'd give it a 8 / 10!
Squid Game (9/9)
: "Squid Game" depicts a story of people who decide to become the players of a mysterious survival game that has a whopping 40-million-dollar prize at stake. Ki Hoon, seems defeated by life after being fired from his job. He decides to join the survival game to win prize money. Sang Woo, is Ki Hoon’s childhood friend and he also joins the game as he gets in trouble at work despite all the hard work he has done to be where he is at now. "Squid Game" is the name of a street game Ki Hoon and Sang Woo played together when they were young. It’s quite a physical game that only ends when there’s a final winner, much like the survival game they play now. It’s named as such because players are to draw different geometric shapes on the ground, which, as a whole, look like a squid.

I was pretty excited to watch this show cause you all know how much I adore death game shows but after having watched this I have pretty much realized why Japan is the only country that can do them justice cause I really didn't enjoy this one as much as I would have hoped. The thing is that a death game show is fun cause it not only shows us how humanity is screwed but it's also fun to see players outwit others and use their brains to win challenges. This show definitely got the first one right but the second not so much. Part of me thought it was creative to have all the challenges take place using children's games but the rest of me felt like it took away from the puzzle part of the challenges. Since the games were made for children there really wasn't any brain power involved other than the one challenge up on the bridge! It also didn't help that I wasn't emotionally connected to any of our main characters. And seriously our main character only got lucky from start to finish cause he was not the smartest or the sneakist of the crew so it felt like he was mostly just carried from challenge to challenge. I did like the twist of the old man being the one behind the game and it was clear from the start that the cop's brother was the Front Man but I was really disappointed when the cop was killed at the end. There's obviously a second season being set up and honestly I'll probs be back here to watch it hoping that the show would have learned. 7.5 / 10

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment