Saturday, October 9, 2021

What Dramas Did I Finish This Week?

Hello and welcome back! These are the dramas I finished this week. If you're interested in previous reviews, click here and if you want to see a list of my Favorite Asian OTPs and Ships, click here!

KDRAMA


FINISHED
 
Police University (16/16): Hacking was the only way out of Kang Sun Ho’s miserable life ever since his parents passed away from an accident when he was just ten. He eventually puts his genius hacking skills into practice in an attempt to steal illegal gambling funds to pay for his adoptive father’s cancer surgery. One day, Sun Ho bumps into a charismatic judo girl, Oh Kang Hee, and falls in love at first sight. Just to be with her, he sets a goal to get an acceptance letter from the same university as Kang Hee’s and eventually gets accepted. However, he does not expect a familiar face from his previous misdemeanor, Yoo Dong Man, to greet him as his professor. At first, he’s not very pleased to see him again, but he gradually grows fond of Dong Man, the man of justice, to the point where he respects Dong Man’s philanthropic and brave nature as they continue to bicker with one another. Just like that, what started as love at first sight becomes Sun Ho’s life goal, a police officer.

I'm not entirely sure where to start this review off cause the finale for this show which aired this week left me feeling mostly meh. There was nothing fantastic about this show but there was also nothing that annoyed me so I'm left treading water like yeah this is a show that existed. The main focus of this show ended up not being kids attending a police academy but wannabe cops working with actual cops to solve a gambling ring case and uncover police corruption. On paper this should have been up my alley cause I do prefer my cop shows to have crimes being solved in them but I ended up thinking the main case was kinda boring so I didn't connect with the show. Like maybe it was the mystery that didn't seem mysterious enough or maybe it was the romance that didn't spark enough chemistry but either way I just watched this show on autopilot. I guess I did like the way all the main characters were a team and the comedy worked for me sometimes but the reveal that the ultimate bad guy was the head of the police academy did nothing for me. All in all this is a very mid show and I'd give it a 7 / 10.

CDRAMA


FINISHED
 
Upcoming Summer (1/1): It tells the story of a girl who failed the college entrance exam and a young man who's a free soul. Chen Chen failed the gaokao (National College Entrance Examination) while Zheng Yu Xing had to return to school because he missed the exams. The two ended up meeting because of a lie Chen Chen said and had to come up with a way to quell the doubts of their teachers and parents. Having met in their youth, they hold hands as they face different problems growing up and forge a deep friendship.

You ever start a movie expecting one thing only to be blown away by how it's actually another? Well that's exactly what happened to me with this movie! I expected the whole thing to be super depressing and focus on kids struggling to get into college only to end up laughing my ass off for the first half and then feeling all melty and soft inside at the second half as the movie gave us a beautiful look into one-sided love! I blame the synopsis entirely. Like I don't even have the words to describe how I connected with this movie. The characters are all fantastic as is the acting. I love the relationships between all the character and I both love and hate the open ending! On the one hand my brain is like it makes it more realistic that Yuxing doesn't fall in love with Chenchen after his injury if he didn't love her before but my heart is like buuuuut happily ever after! 9.5 / 10

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment