Friday, July 11, 2014

More New Summer Shows - Dominion, Young & Hungry and Total Drama: Pahkitew Island

Hey so as I mentioned in part 1 of this "new summer shows series" I did, I mentioned two other shows that I wanted to check out and now that I've checked them out, I wanted to do a short thoughts post on them!!!
The first show is Dominion on Syfy. Now I liked the idea of the show but the real reason I checked it out was because it came on after Defiance. It's sort of based on the movie Legion (which I never saw) and follows the idea that God disappeared and many of the angels blamed the humans. Michael was the only angel to stand up for the humans and he came down to Earth to protect us. His brother Gabriel lead the attack against humans. The main character of the show is "The Chosen One" aka the man who will stop the angel attack and save the world. I really liked the idea of the show and some of the characters are interesting but the biggest thorn in my side is the fact that Alex doesn't want to be the chosen one and is pretending it never happened. If you know me, you know that I hate nothing more than a character who refuses to accept who he/she is. I'm still holding off on true judgment because it's only been four episodes and Alex might embrace it yet. My favorite character has to be Arika because she's super manipulative and it's awesome. My biggest problem has to be with the romantic relationship the show is hinting at with Arika. The plot is a little slow as of yet but I'm sure it will pick up. Also the love interest from Letters to Juliet is playing Alex so that alone deserves your attention!!

The second show is Young & Hungry on ABC Family. It's one of the only comedies I'm watching right now because again, I prefer drama to comedy as comedies sometimes get boring. But so far, I'm loving this show!! During the promos I noticed that Emily Osment was playing the lead and because of this I decided to check it out. A great decision actually. I love all the characters right now (except for Caroline but that's a given), Gabby and Josh have great chemistry and the one-liners are hilarious. Gabby is amazing when she's awkward and the plots of each episode are great. There's only been three episodes so far but I already hope the season gets renewed!!

The third show is Total Drama: Pahkitew Island on Cartoon Network. Don't judge me. I loved the first season of total drama and because of that I've checked out every season of this show. I was unsure about whether I would enjoy this season when I first heard about it because I love the original cast so much. I never got into any of the Revenge of the Island cast and I think the producers got that because they started new this season. I also hate that these seasons are only 14 episodes long because that's not enough time for you to love the cast! The original cast had 3 seasons for you to love them and it's not likely you'll know these new characters even close to as well in just 14 episodes. That being said, I am pleasantly surprised with this season. I like most of the characters and the challenges are fun!! Sky and Samy are my favorite female characters and Shawn is my favorite male character. If total drama continues for another season, I would like to see this cast again rather than the Revenge of the Island cast. I do however dislike the character who are given shticks like Ella and Sugar and the Wizard (oh crap he's the worst) and I feel like that's why the TDRI cast was so annoying!

So that's all! Three new shows I'm watching this summer and I definitely hope you check out the trailers for the shows and watch them!!!

xoxo Allie


P.S. Congrats to Turn and The Night Shift on being renewed for season 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment