Friday, December 30, 2022

Top 10 TV Shows Of 2022

Hi everyone! As promised, I'm back with my Top 10 Favorite TV Shows of 2022! Again, this list is based on my personal opinions and may have spoilers. If you want a refresher, check out my Top 10 TV Shows Of 2013Top 10 TV Shows Of 2014Top 10 TV Shows Of 2015Top 10 TV Shows Of 2016Top 10 TV Shows Of 2017Top 10 TV Shows Of 2018Top 10 TV Shows Of 2019Top 10 TV Shows Of 2020, and Top 10 TV Shows Of 2021 as well as my Favorite YouTube Videos and My TV Show OTPs & Ships lists!! Fair warning, there may be spoilers below so keep that in mind!

Coming in at number 10 is Stargirl! The season that aired this year was actually the last one for this show which was totally heartbreaking cause it's this show show is a hidden gem. I always seem to forget about how much I adore it until I'm actually watching it and it makes me sad to see one of the last few dregs of the Arrowverse start to fade. Stargirl had everything you could want going for it from a fantastic cast who could act themselves out of a bag to great writing that never faltered to amazing fight choreography. The heart of this show was the Whitmore family and I loved meeting Starman this season too cause it gave us a wonderful new dynamic. The other Justice Society kids were a bit irritating at times which is one of the only reasons this show is lower on this list!

At number 9 is House Of The Dragon! Now like the entire world I was shocked over how much I ended up loving this show after the mess that was the ending of Game Of Thrones doubly so since I was never a fan of Dany. I wasn't expecting much from a whole show about the Targaryens but somehow I ended up falling in love with the show since it finally realized what it was that people originally loved Game Of Thrones for. We were all here for the backstabbing and politics of taking the Iron Throne not some ice zombies who had no motivation other than being evil. I loved that since there were so many more Targaryens here that we could get actual characters rather than one dimensional ego machines. Rhaenerya is both a kind and a loving mother and ambitious for the throne while Daemon is act first think later but so loyal to his family. Alicent wants her son to be King no matter how she packages her ideals and yet she was also manipulated into it so she's not just a new Cersei. The season ended on a fantastic cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what's next.

Coming in at number 8 is The Summer I Turned Pretty! Talk about a real surprise addition to the list not to mention one that's so completely different from every other action packed show on my list. Like look I'm a girl who enjoys rom coms too! No but seriously this show is based on a book series that I adored when I was young so I went into this show curious but not all that excited cause it's been a long time since I actually enjoyed a live action adaptation of anything only to find that the creators of this show were basically writing a love letter to the original book. The characters in the show were much kinder and well realized than the original book characters and I loved watching them live their lives on screen. Conrad and Belly had such intense chemistry that I was thankful that I shipped them even if I felt like Jeremiah's actor was cuter at first glance. I'm really very excited to see the rest of the series adapted now.

At number 7 is Blood & Treasure! I accidentally found this gem of a show on Paramount+ of all streaming services this year and I devoured both seasons of this show at a breakneck speed and now I can't get enough about gushing over it's virtues to anyone who'll listen cause I feel like no one has ever heard of it! It's basically The Mummy meets The Librarians which those of you who know me know are two of my most favorite things! Season 1 of this show was spectacular from start to finish but the reason this show is not higher on my list is cause season 2 lost me a bit though by no means does that mean season 2 was terrible! The basic concept for this show is that it follows an ex FBI agent who works with an ex master thief to hunt down a terrorist who's using stolen artifacts to fund their evil plots. There's romance, action, intrique, and mystery! What more could a person want?? 

Coming in at number 6 is Murdoch Mysteries! This is another show that I binged this year and to my pleasure is still currently airing! I absolutely love period shows and I'm also a pretty big sucker for murder mysteries and cop shows so the fact that this show combines all three is super fun for me. This show follows a police station in the late 1800s and early 1900s as they solve crimes using the science of the time. The charm of this show can be totally chalked up to the fantastic cast of characters and the interesting episodic cases. This show has been going on for 16 seasons which I've watched all of and I have to say that other than a few early episodes every case was fun to experience and none felt like retreads of previous ones. I adore that the entire main cast of this show has stuck around from the start unlike in a lot of long running American shows cause then we have seasons and seasons of these characters backstories to fall in love with. 

At number 5 is Superman & Lois! I cannot believe how in love with this show I am especially given I didn't particularly like the idea for this show when I first heard of it and how I wasn't all that into Lois when she appeared in the Crisis On Infinite Earths Arrowverse crossover and yet it has become my favorite superhero show on air right now! Along with The Flash (which is a whole mess that I still can't believe I'm still watching) it's the last of the Berlanti DC shows even if technically it's not an Arrowverse show anymore. It still has the best written Superman I've seen and the best family dynamic I've watched. I love that the Kents feel like a real family outside of the superhero stuff but with it they're unstoppable. The writing for this show is so tight and there is not one single character in this show that I don't care about.

Coming in at number 4 is Star Trek Strange New Worlds! Growing up I was always more of a Star Wars girl than a Star Trek one but really that's only cause I never really gave Star Trek a chance. I'd been watching Star Trek Discovery since it first aired years ago but I was never all that into it so when I heard that this show was a spinoff using three characters I enjoyed I decided to check it out only to completely fall in love. I think part of me has always known that I would enjoy the idea of Star Trek cause I love the ideals that it's built on and the concept of getting to explore new worlds and places but the problem is that most of the older Star Trek shows are so dated now whereas this show gave me everything I could want conceptually while also being in HD and using modern CGI! The characters are all fun, the worlds are exciting, and the episodic nature of this show works so well for me cause I get to enjoy seeing our characters solve problems quickly rather than having it drag out for 13 episodes!

At number 3 is Wednesday! I've loved the 90s Adams Family movie for years and years now so when I heard this show was coming out I was really curious though I didn't exactly have expectations for this show. It wasn't because I was so emotionally attached to the original Adams Family that I didn't want any deviation like some fans but more so cause I was open to seeing whatever new take on the Adams Family we got. Fortunately for me and as you can guess based on how high this show is on my list it was everything I could have wanted! Yes there was a lot less Adams Family than I thought and yes it did take me an episode or two to get used to how intense Wednesday was and yes the romances in this show were a bit of a mess but the acting, the writing, the music, and the cinematography more than made up for it! This show was everything shows like Riverdale and The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina wished they were. Once I realized that magic was real in this world I was so on board with the mystery and I loved all the twists and turns we got. Wednesday was actually able to solve problems without feeling like she had plot armor around her and I loved her relationships and her character growth. 

Coming in at number 2 is Bridgerton! While I'm so torn over whether I feel like season 2 was better than season 1, the fact that I binged this show the day it dropped and enjoyed it so hard makes it a no brainer to be so high up on my list. I just absolutely adore this show and the low stakes world it has built. We don't have nearly enough fun popcorn shows airing which makes this one feel like such a refreshing take. I truly thought that Anthony and Kate had more chemistry than Daphne and Simon no matter that I didn't particularly love the love triangle we got. I only imagine we went with that over another forced marriage cause it would be too similar to what we got with Daphne and Simon last season so I'm able to let it go not to mention the fact that it felt very in character for our characters to act the way they did. I can't wait to see how our characters grow and I'm excited to see which Bridgerton child is up next. Logic says it's Colin and Penelope over Benedict who is technically the next book Bridgerton!

And finally my number 1 show of 2022 is Leverage: Redemption! I feel like I've gushed about this show up and down all over my blog in multiple places before but in case you haven't heard the spiel let me sing it out again. This show is everything I look for in entertainment. It follows a group of con artists who work to scam bad guys out of money and prestige in order to help the people the bad guys have wronged. Each episode stands alone in terms of story but there's usually an overarching story hidden in the background that comes to a big end at the end of each season. The cast of this show is perfection and they're all competent and badass and I love watching them win over and over again. I do miss Nathan Ford as the leader from the original show and Hardison's cameos aren't enough to tide me from missing him weekly but Wilson's addition is definitely a welcome one as is Breanna. Each con is different and unique and I have so much fun watching it.


And that's the end of my Top 10 TV shows of 2022 list! I'll see you all tomorrow for my Top 10 Asian Dramas of 2022!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment