Monday, December 30, 2013

Top 10 TV Shows of 2013

Hey hey!!! I'm back with my top ten favorite tv shows of 2013!! Now these are all opinions so if you don't agree with them, sound off in the comments below. This may contain spoilers!!!

Coming in at number 10 is.... Ravenswood!!!

Ravenswood is a new tv show that has just come out in the Fall of 2013. It's a show that I really didn't think I would check out but it premiered after the fall Pretty Little Liars special so I figured I'd check it out. Honestly I like the show but it's not one of my favorites. I watch it on Hulu when I have time. Obviously I love Caleb and I really like Miranda. The others... I'm not a huge fan of them. I think Luke is super annoying and he's one of those characters that wants to ignore everything that's going on. Olivia just rubs me the wrong way and Remy is alright sometimes but she lets Luke control too much of her life. The only reason I'm still watching this show is because I am interested in the whole curse and I want to see how Miranda and Caleb end up together now that Miranda is dead.

Number 9 is.... Twisted!!!

When Twisted trailers first played on ABC Family, I was intrigued. The storyline seemed very interesting and I knew Avan Jogia from Victorious so I checked it out. The show was very interesting in the beginning. I loved Danny and Jo from the first episode and Lacey and Rico grew on me. All the characters were interesting people to get to know including the parents who in teen shows are usually barely in it or are the antagonists but in Twisted had just the same amount of secrets as the kids. As the season progressed, though, nothing new happened. Every episode consisted of the same problems and nothing was solved so I slowly began to lose interest. I originally shipped Danny and Jo but as the season progressed I didn't really care too much. The midseason finale however was really good and it recaptured my attention which is why Twisted comes in at number 9! Click here to see all my Twisted posts!

Number 8 is .... Melissa and Joey!!!

Melissa and Joey is a show that is completely different from all of the other shows I enjoy. Normally I'm a huge drama and supernatural tv show lover and comedies sometimes get boring. I enjoy when a show has a storyline that continues in each episode and comedies usually hint at the same storyline but most of the time, each episode is a standalone. However, once in a while a comedy catches my attention and Melissa and Joey is that comedy. The characters are fun to watch and the one-liners are hilarious. The show is not cheesy or over-the-top but just perfect. I really got hooked after the season finale when Melissa and Joey finally hooked-up and I want to see where this storyline goes!

Number 7 is ... Witches of East End

I talked about this show during my fall 2013 tv line-up and at that time I said that Witches of East End would slowly grow on me and let me say, that is completely true!!! I love this show!!! I love every character on this show except for the villains of course and Dash. I love the story-lines! The spells! The drama! I had been waiting since episode one for Freya to chose Killian and she finally did in the season finale! I can't wait until the new season arrives! I loved the season finale with the door to Asgard opening and the twist where Dash and Killian get their magic back and Dash hurts Killian!! I'm excited to see where this goes. Click here for all my Witches of East End posts.

Number 6 is ... The Vampire Diaries

I bet you're surprised to see this show so low on the list of my favorite shows. After all I did a raving post at the end of summer on how much I was addicted to TVD. The truth is.... after the Originals left the cast, the show just dropped for me. Not only were my favorite characters gone, but the storyline just got a lot more boring. I mean I really enjoyed the Silas angle but this new Augustine society thing just got a little boring. Elena, for some reason, is driving me up a wall and she is the main focus of every episode. The show is reverting back to season 1 for me. Like the entire focus is on the love triangle. Matt is barely there. Jeremy and Bonnie are only in a few episodes. Caroline doesn't even appear in half the episodes and if she does, it's only to throw a party. She wasn't even on the mid-season finale!!! But it's still high up on my list because I binge-watched every episode of TVD and I really enjoyed it up to this fall. Click here to see all my Vampire Diaries posts.

Number 5 is ... Pretty Little Liars!!!

When this show first came out, I was in love with it! It was super interesting and I had never seen anything like this. I even tried to read the books but that was a joke and I regretted it. Season 1 and 2 were incredible, season 3 was good but season 4 is kind of dragging. I didn't really like the story lines that were being used. Soon enough it was replaced with some new shows that seemed better to me. Just recently though, it started to get more interesting. Ali is still alive and Ezra is A? They suddenly got my attention again! 

Number 4 is .... The Fosters!!!

This is another new show that came out this summer and I'm sure you expected it to be on my list! I loved the idea of the Fosters and although the show started out slow, it got much much better! I love Callie and Brandon and Stef and Lena and Jesus and Wyatt! The characters have so many layers and the story-lines are full of drama but fun to watch. At one point in the season, Stef was shot by Jesus and Mariana's biological mom and was in the hospital. I was on the edge of my seat!!! The midseason finale ended with Callie and Brandon finally kissing and Callie running away with Wyatt. The show's incredible! The drama! The suspense! The family! The romance! It has everything I like in a show! Click here to see all my Fosters posts.

Number 3 is.... Agents of Shield!!!

I love love love this show as you all probs know. I seriously love this show. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know how much I would love these new agents after getting to know some of them in the Avengers but Marvel definitely knows how to make a great show. The show is full of drama yet is funny to watch. All of the characters are all multi-dimensional and lovable. The most recent episode was incredible and kept me on the edge of my seat! I couldn't believe the ending! The story-lines are interesting and although each episode has a separate story, there is still an overarching story-line and they still mention what happened in previous episodes! Click here to see all my Agents of SHIELD posts!

Coming in at number 2 is.... Reign!!!

Sigh. What can I say about Reign that describes exactly how much I loooove this show? The characters! The idea of the show! The creativity! The CHARACTERS! The show is super creative. I love period pieces so when I heard of this show, I was super pumped for it. And when I watched it, I was not disappointed. The first episode was kind of dull but it picked up and flew off!!!! From seeing how royals act to the romance between Francis and Mary to the friendship between Mary and ladies to the affair Kenna is having with the king. I love every bit of it. It is having trouble with ratings but I don't know why! In just the midseason finale, one of Mary's ladies died, Diane and Bash were run out of the castle and Mary learns of the prophecy!!! If you don't watch this show, you're missing so much! Click here to see all my Reign posts!

And as probably expected, number 1 is... The Originals!!!

Sorry. This is a copout. There was no competition as to who was number one!!! I've already ranted and raved at how much I love this show and Klaus. So here we go again! I love the theme of this show. I love that the show is not all about the romance yet still is interesting. I love Klaus and Rebekah and Marcel!! The bromance between Marcel and Klaus is seriously epic. I also love seeing the different sides of Klaus. But another thing I love is the fighting and scheming in this show. When Klaus was trying to overthrow Marcel, his plans were so in depth and multi-staged that it was awesome! I love seeing the relationships grow in this show and can't wait for the next half of the season. Click here to see all my Originals posts!


And that's all for today's post!! Hope you enjoyed my list but if you don't agree with the placement of a show, sound off in the comments!! Thanks so much.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment