Monday, January 20, 2014

God of Olympus - Books

Hello all!!! So I saw this tag on YouTube and I thought it looked pretty fun so here we go!!!

Zeus: Name Your Favorite Fictional Leader.

I would definitely have to go with Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series. Not only is Percy just super badass, being the son of Poseidon after all, he's brave and selfless and will sacrifice his life for others. He's an amazing fighter and he knows how to talk himself out of bad situations. Percy has great instincts and never wavers from his beliefs!

Hera: Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Parents?

Honestly not a lot of books that I read have parents in them... I guess I'd have to go with Luke and Jocelyn from the Mortal Instruments even though I didn't really like Jocelyn in City of Fallen Angels... They're there when Clary needs them and although they might not be the most supportive, they love her.

Demeter: What Fictional Food Would You Want To Try?

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I guess I'd go with ambrosia from the Greek gods. It's food that can taste like whatever we want it to so you'd never crave anything! AND it can heal you if your injured which is a plus. The only downside would be that I'm not a god or a half-blood so I may die from taking it haha!

Poseidon: Name A TV Show Where Water Is Central Either In Setting Or Plot

Duh. This one is easy. The Percy Jackson series!!! The main character Percy is a son of Poseidon so he has powerful water abilities like talking to marine life, controlling the flow of water, being able to heal himself with water and breathing under water. I mentioned he was badass right?

Dionysus: Which Character Would You Want To Party With?

Well the easy answer would be Izzy from the Mortal Instruments!!! She definitely knows how to cut back and have some fun!!! We could go dancing and meet boys and take a couple of shots!!!

My other answer, is Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice. Okay okay. I know what you're thinking. Why on earth would Allie like to do that? I wouldn't want to live in this era but I would LOOOOOVE to go to a party or two. I've always loved the beautiful dresses and amazing hairstyles and it would be epic to dance at a ball!!!

Apollo: What Was A Debut TV Show That Was Fantastic?

Divergent. It was Veroncia Roth's first book and it was incredible!!! I loved reading every single sentence in it from beginning to end! Divergent was very creative and fun to follow and the characters were relatable!

Artemis: Favorite Female Heroine

Hmmm... Honestly I'm not sure. I begin by loving a lot of female characters but then I hate them in sequels. I loved Tris in Divergent but hated her in Insurgent. I liked Juliette in Shatter Me and hated her in Unravel Me. Loved America in the Selection, hated her in the Elite. You get my point. I guess my favorite heroine would have to be Clary. Clary is not the most badass female but she was brave without having any training or power. She would move heaven and earth to help those she loved. 

Athena: Character Who Is Wise

This answer depends on what aspect of wise I would consider. If you consider book smarts, I would go with Annabeth. She is the daughter of Athena so wisdom comes naturally. She knows all about Greek myths and can strategize in battle. She adds details to Percy's plans and knows when to speak up.

Street wise, I'd go with Kenji from the Shatter Me series. He knows how to talk to people and when to pick a fight. Kenji was the only person able to snap Juliette from her Adam funk and remind her that there are bigger problems than her love life. He knows how to get her powers working and what buttons to push to get her motivated.

Hermes: If You Could Travel To A Place, Fictional Or Not, Where Would You Go?

My number one place to visit would be Camp Half-Blood from the Percy Jackson series!!! It sounds super awesome! Most of the campers are friendly and don't take things too seriously. I mean rock walls, capture-the-flag and a gigantic lake! What's not to love? Camp Half-Blood is like a giant family that looks out for each other.

Hephaestus: If I Could Make A Fictional Weapon Or Tool, What Would You Want?

Hmm I'd go with a stele from the Mortal Instruments! I think it would be super cool to be able to draw a rune on myself and gain strength or speed or heal myself! There's a rune for everything and if a rune doesn't exist, Clary could always make you one ;)

Ares: Which Fictional Battle Was Your Favorite?
 
This one is a no-brainer!!! The final battle between the Greek Gods and Kronos's army in the Percy Jackson series aka the Battle of Manhattan. It was amazing. I could not stop reading for a second. The battle was well written and very intense. I was literally on the edge of my seat! I liked how all of the Greek half-bloods teamed together to save their city while the Greek Gods were out fighting. I loved how each character had their moment of triumph and Rachel came back to become the oracle!

Aphrodite: Who Is Your Ultimate Ship?

My ultimate ship would have to be Warner and Juliette from the Shatter Me series. Now technically they aren't a couple but I feel like they fit each other. At first glance they're nothing but the cliche bad boy and good girl relationship but digging deeper, they just fit. Warner brings out Juliette's strength and makes her believe in herself. Juliette physically strengthens Warner with her touch and she makes him want to be a better person. I really hope that they bite the bullet and become a couple in the final Shatter Me book!!!

Hades: If I Could Bring A Character Back, Which One Would You Want To Bring Back To Life? 

At first thought I could not really think of anyone who died that I really wanted to return to life but glancing through my bookshelf I realized what should have been a no-brainer!! Gatsby from the Great Gatsby! When I was reading the book, I cried when he died. He didn't deserve his death. All Gatsby did was try to protect the love of his life and he got shot for it! He didn't deserve not having anyone come to his funeral and he deserved to find a love that would not choose society over him! Nick needed him to maintain his faith in society!

So that's all!!! Sometime in the near future, I will do either a movie or a book version of the Gods of Olympus tag!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment