Friday, January 24, 2014

Vampire Diaries 5x11 Thoughts

Hi everyone. So I'm going to be doing a post for the Vampire Diaries episode last night because I need to comment on it. My feels have been broken from the show. Let's start with the Vampire Diaries.

So first and foremost, congrats to TVD on 100 episodes! Now onto the episode itself. Overall I was extremely excited to watch the episode because it seemed like a lot of awesome stuff was going to happen. And after watching the episode, I have to say overall it was a great episode but one sad thing overshadowed the rest for me. There will be spoilers below so if you haven't watched the episode yet, go watch it and then come back!

First off, I really liked the whole tribute to Katherine drinking party thing. It was hilarious to see how much terror Katherine placed upon them! I also liked how Stefan was all sweet to Katherine and wanted her last moments to be peaceful but at the same time, it was also hilarious that Damon was there to gloat over her death like the ass he is!! Her flashbacks were kind of boring though but the one about Stefan was cute!

Also I soooo called it that Katherine wasn't going to die! She's just too much of an awesome character to do so! And I knew she was going to jump into Elena's body from the moment Nadia talked about jumping into another body and she said Stefan likes this body in the midseason finale episode! I do like how they held off on that until the very last minutes because it kept you guessing! The appearance by "Elijah" was cute though too although I wished that he had actually been there. Did it hint at the fact that Katherine still has feelings for him or they've spent so much time together that he's like an old friend?

Bonnie and Jeremy didn't do too much in this episode but Matt did! I laughed when he was attacked by Nadia and used as blackmail. It's pretty obvious now that always happen. He might as well wear a sign that reads Vampire Bait/Blackmail. I did think it was cute though that Rebekah saved him although I wanted to see more of Rebekah and Matt interacting other than a smile...

Speaking of relationships, I used to so be on the Elena/Damon ship but now something about their chemistry has fizzled. I didn't enjoy most of the scenes revolving them or discussing their romance. Expect the one in the beginning when Damon was drunk at the Mystic Grill. I laughed so hard when Jeremy and Matt talked about him like he wasn't there and then he called Matt a dumbass. Stefan was really sweet about their relationship. He's like practically over Elena and it was nice of him to offer advice to both halves of Delena. I wonder who his next love interest will be? Still Katherine but in Elena's body?

And finally. The part that overshadowed most of the episode, at least for me. Klaus and Caroline reuniting! You knew this was coming! I saved the best and most emotional for last! I was really really excited when I saw the promo with them together and I heard they were going to kiss but honestly I was just happy they were going to interact. So when he appeared and he followed her and they talked, I was buzzing with joy. THEN he made his speech. His stupid speech. His speech about how he would never come back if only Caroline told him the truth about how she felt about him. So then she starts talking about how she doesn't want him around because she's starting a new life and he clouds her judgement but then she kisses him. It was really cute and Klaus smirked in the hottest way. Then I'm assuming they went at it in the forest.

Now all that I didn't mind. What broke my heart was the fact that Klaus promised to leave Mystic Falls and never go after her again. I am really really hoping he means that he won't come to her but she can still come to him and he will wait. I really hope that she will go to him one day, ready to face her feelings for more than a one-night stand sort of deal. I really hope Caroline continues to think about Klaus and doesn't get back with Tyler who came back (Yay *Rolls eyes*). It's not just a thing of I love Klaroline, I just really hate Tyler. Caroline can date whoever she wants, be it Klaus, Stefan, Enzo, just not Tyler. Please TVD gods. Hear my plea!

So overall I loved this episode! There was a bunch of cameos from dead characters of the show! We finally got Klaroline (I'm going to ignore the speech and think about their kiss)! Rebekah and Elijah appeared! Katherine is still alive! Tomorrow I will be posting my review on the Reign episode from last night!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment