Monday, June 2, 2014

Thoughts on Salem, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Black Sails

Hello my loves! I'm finally back! So the summer has arrived and what is the best part? The time to binge-watch Netflix!!! So as of now, I've watched 3 new shows and I'm here to tell you what I thought of them!!!

Salem was the first show I watched. After watching an episode, I decided that I didn't really like the show... The premise seemed to have so much potential and a lot of the characters seemed to be interesting. Now I don't mind that the witches were evil but what I did mind was that the main character turned evil. I loved Mary and John's relationship and the idea that she's going to hurt him didn't really catch my attention.. Honestly I barely made it through the first episode. Frogs feeding off sexily placed thigh boils. A local whore house in a town that whips and brands people for fornication. The "cinnamon" servant who brought the witchcraft to the innocent heartbroken woman in the first place. It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragically horrible. Perhaps it was just too dark for me... This show has been renewed for a second season so it seems the show does have a stable fan base.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is the next show I watched. If you remember I tried to watch this show when it first premiered in the fall but I had trouble following it because I had never watched Once Upon a Time. Now that I've caught up and fell in love with OUAT, I figured I would try out OUAT in Wonderland and I enjoyed it!! Although I was wishy-washy on whether I liked Alice, I really liked Will and Anna and Cyrus (who was extremely good looking). I enjoyed the plot but I definitely understand why the show was cancelled. The entire show was based on finding each other and once they finally did, there were no more plot lines for the show to truly follow. It was not as good as OUAT but it was a fun little miniseries. I'm excited for Will to join OUAT next season and I hope Anna comes with him.

Black Sails was the final show I binge-watched. Now the reason I ended up watching this show was because I watched the pilot of Crossbones and when I read reviews, many people stated that Crossbones was simply a worse version of Black Sails. This made me curious because I didn't really enjoy the pilot of Crossbones which made me disappointed. I love pirates and I had seen trailers for Black Sails when it first premiered so I finally went back and watched it. Let me just say, it was EPIC! I could do without all the nudity but I loved the action and the characters. I loved how most of the show is based on drama and politics and how the first four episodes are all about character development before the action shows up. Captain Vane, Jack Rackham, Eleanor Guthrie, Anne Bonny and  Billy Bones!! Vane is my favorite and I hope that he and Eleanor get back together eventually. Anne and Jack are precious too! I can't wait until the second season!

So that's all for now but don't fret! I will definitely continue to watch other shows and tell you what I think! I'm on season 2 of Teen Wolf which will be followed by Merlin and then Elementary! I will definitely keep you posted.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment