Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Thoughts on Teen Wolf and Game of Thrones

Hello all! So I'm back today with two new shows that I've just finished binge-watching!!

So the first show I watched was Teen Wolf. Now I was hesitant to watch this show because it looked kind of silly to me at first glance but a lot of people that I knew loved shows like Arrow or OUAT also liked Teen Wolf. Color me surprised. I decided to check it out to see if I could find out what all these people liked and I suppose I found it. Season 1 was extremely hard to get through and season 2 was just as bad. But as season 3 rolled around, it got much better. The characters were more interesting and the plot got darker which made it better. My biggest problem with the first two seasons was the Scott and Allison romance. I like both characters on their own but for some reason I didn't like them together. I loved Stiles and his relationship with his dad. I enjoyed Allison's dad too and Derek. It annoyed me how Scott distrusted Derek for so long and how he spent much of the first two seasons trying to be normal. Overall I liked the show and I will be checking out season 4 which airs next Monday!

The second show I watched was Game of Thrones. I know I know. I should have been watching it earlier. But the thing is, it's on HBO and I never had time to sit through four seasons. But I finally bit the bullet because literally everyone watches this show and I hate not knowing what people are talking about! I definitely enjoyed it! I tried to avoid spoilers but a few snuck in here and there. I did feel like the plot dragged a little. I mean the Stark army was trying to get to King's Landing for 3 seasons. I liked Ned and Cat alright although I never had any large feelings for them. I disliked Sansa at the beginning of the show but she quickly grew on me when she was being treated so unfairly. I loved Rob but was super annoyed at him for getting married. I liked Arya and Bran from the beginning and it continued. Jon Snow I wavered on because his storyline kept going from interesting to boring and then back to interesting. I did hate Jamie in the beginning of the show but now I really do like him. Daenerys is probably another one of my favorite characters. I really liked all her storylines from Drogo to the dragons to Daario (totally shipping them now). I'm impatient to see her get back to Westros! I'm definitely going to be watching season 5!!

And with that, I am done! I will be back shortly with a new post on new summer tv shows I am watching!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment