Friday, December 24, 2021

What Dramas Did I Watch This Week?

Hello and welcome back! These are the dramas I finished this week. If you're interested in previous reviews, click here and if you want to see a list of my Favorite Asian OTPs and Ships, click here!

KDRAMA


FINISHED 
Chimera (16/16): In 1984, a potential serial killer struck again as a ghastly explosion shook the city. Now it’s 2019, and copies of those crimes come to light. Follow the team of Detective Jae Hwan, Profiler Yoo Jin, and Surgeon Dr. Joong Yeob assigned to solve both the cold and current cases. Their prime suspect goes by ‘Chimera’, after the beast in Greek mythology. It had the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a fire-breathing serpent. To capture the criminal, they must first uncover the secrets that link the two cases some thirty-five years apart. Could the clue lie in the tale of the mythical monster?

I have to start this review by saying that I live for OCN dramas cause they are pretty much the best channel in Korea to watch thrillers and detective shows on! Something about the way they tell their complex stories and give us a great cast to follow just works for me even if sometimes I'm left wishing that they would toss a sprinkle of romance into the mix as well. This show started out as a typical murder mystery in which we hunted down a serial killer but the thing that it did so fun were the reveals it showcased from how each main character connected to the past to who Chimera was both in the past and present. I literally would never have guessed that the 80s Chimera was Jae Hwan's mom or that the 2019 Chimera was the reporter or that she would end up being Joong Yeob's sister. What amazing twists. I even adored the ending in which the lawyer ended up killing Chairman Seo in order to avenge the death of his daughter cause it was totally dark and twisted. If I had any complaints it would be like I said up top in wishing there had been some romance between Eugene and Jae Hwan cause it was clear they felt something but neither the finale nor my headcanon says that they would find their way back to one another which is kinda sad. On the whole I'd give this show a 9.5 / 10

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment