Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 8 Review

GUYS WHAT THE HELL DID WE JUST WATCH TONIGHT??? It was everything I wanted out of a SHIELD episode and more!!! What an amazing midseason finale!! Since this was the midseason, there really wasn't any separate storylines this time around so it might be hard to break things down a little.

Let's start with Mack and YoYo. They finally became a thing this week and it was amazing. Even better were Daisy and Coulson's faces when they walked up on the two kissing. It's about time but it feels like less cause YoYo has barely been in this half season! I still love YoYo's powers and I loved how she was the one to do recon and then to plant the bomb on Eli. I loved the depiction of her powers when she was trying to get the bomb to Eli and she moved people's weapons around. I also loved how protective Mack was of YoYo.

Next let's move over to Fitz and Jemma who didn't have much to do other than a bunch of sciency stuff. Fitz was the one to figure out that Eli was syphoning matter from the other dimension that they were stuck in last week to create matter in this world. They also caught up everyone except Daisy on what Jemma had to do with the inhuman last week and I loved their scenes with Daisy this week. Remember in season 1 when Daisy would hang out with all the times she wasn't training cause they were all friends? It was nice to see that again. I loved them gossiping about the new director with her and how Fitz was teasing Daisy about her gauntlets and the earthquakes that weren't coming from her and the scene under Eli's bomb when Fitz and Jemma were worried about how many tremors Daisy could take on. It was also seriously badass when that random bad guy appeared and Fitz and Simmons shot at him when AIDA went down. It was beautifully filmed.

Speaking of Daisy, she's finally a SHIELD member again!!! Yay!! It's about freaking time. I kind of felt that's where the story had to go because it seemed like she spent enough time on the run and hating herself that any longer would have been too much. And after spending the last few weeks with the team again, it would be next to impossible for Daisy to leave again. Also if you noticed, Daisy's eyemakeup was less heavy tonight and that in itself was a hint! I loved how Mason was able to spin the entire story towards Daisy and SHIELD because I was hardcore worried for a second or two when she went outside to get away from the tremors and somehow landed in the middle of a bunch of reporters. It was a clever way of undermining the inhuman hating senator and also explaining why SHIELD would be working with Daisy despite the public belief that she was a terrorist. I'm just thrilled that she's a member again. Daisy and Coulson had a pretty touching scene too where they both admitted to each other how much they missed the other. And one of the funniest scenes of the episode took place when Jemma gave Daisy a blue lanyard and Daisy was like what does this blue mean and Fitz was like no one knows.

It looks like I was right last week when I said this would be Robbie's last episode for a little while which is super disappointing cause I loved him. He ended up taking Eli down with him which was pretty awesome but also kind of surprising because the enemy was defeated kind of quickly and now I'm curious as to who the next villain will be. AIDA perhaps? Or maybe the evil senator? I loved that Coulson was the one to confront Eli cause he is the best at antagonizing the villains! His face when Robbie dropped the chain and when he and Eli vanished was great and I love how he told Daisy that Robbie would be back.

Now onto AIDA. Guys I called it. She was way creepy from like the first episode and I knew she would end up being bad. SHIELD cannot introduce another andriod/AI/LMD so soon after Ultron and not have us be super suspicious of her. And it kind of sucked cause I was finally starting to like her. Did you see that heartbreaking expression on AIDA's face when Daisy, Fitz and Jemma were being all cute and worried about each other? AIDA just wants that for herself!!! I wasn't the only one falling for her this episode, the team and more importantly Mason finally started to trust her. Also how hilarious was that line from Mason about how he was mildly attracted to AIDA.

But as we revealed at the end, AIDA has May in her closet. The question here is, is that the real May or an andriod of May? And why did AIDA kill that random agent when he figured it out? If it was the real May in there, it explains why the May we saw all episode was so chipper. It threw me off during the episode but I figured it was just because the show was trying to put May and Coulson together so that's why she was always so happy around him. I kind of hope that this is an android cause it would be so fascinating!!! But that begs the question when did AIDA grab May? Last time they were alone together was when May was ill so unless AIDA somehow overpowered May last week after the portal, it has to be back then.

I loved this episode and I'm so sad that we are off until January but since we don't have Agent Carter this year to fill the gap, we're coming back early!!! I wonder if Marvel's Most Wanted was to take the slot but since it got cancelled, they had to toss the idea. Ugh I still want Bobbi and Hunter back.

Tune in tomorrow for my Arrow midseason review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment