Sunday, December 4, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 10 Review

The winter finale for Once Upon a Time aired and it's so weird that the show isn't broken up into two parts like it usually is because instead of wrapping everything up and starting anew next season, we ended on a cliffhanger!! Overall I did like this episode.

So first let's talk about this imaginary world Emma and Regina went into. I loved seeing girly Princess Emma who picked flowers and sang and called her parents mom and daddy and really just glowed in general. I know a lot of people were annoyed that she was so passive in this world but I honestly didn't mind it too much. It was a bit of a surprise though that growing up with Snow and Charming as her parents that she didn't learn even a bit of fighting or magic. But it was so sweet that Henry was a knight in this world and I loved the dynamic between the Charmings!

What was weird was that fact that Neal was Henry's father. So she married/slept with the Dark One's son and then he died? Why was the kingdom okay with this? Why was Rumple locked up if his son never left the Enchanted Forest cause then he wouldn't have had to train the Evil Queen or created the Dark Curse? Despite all this and how little I care for the EQ and how Regina isn't my favorite character, I was so beyond excited that they found EF dream world Robin Hood. I literally squealed a little and I really hope that if they stay in this world, they're able to bring this Robin back because I love Robin and Regina!!!! Also since they used up this magic bean, I really hope Rumple has another to just give to them!

Meanwhile this was a great episode for Charming. I love him and I feel like he hasn't been given enough stuff to do these last few seasons which is unfortunate so it was fun to see him step up, although fairly poorly. Cause let's be honest, no one in Storybrooke is any good with plans. Like seriously. In the beginning of this episode, they found out that the sword that Emma found could harm the EQ and not Regina so they decided the best course of action was to storm Granny's and what just stab her with it? It took me five seconds to come up with a better plan than that!! If everything that happens to Regina happens to EQ, why couldn't she take a normal sleeping curse and cause EQ to sleep too and then Emma or someone could kill her with the sword and then Henry could give her True Love's Kiss to wake her up. Boom problem solved. But the show needs this to drag and so we didn't get that.

Ugh guys but I can't ultimately hate this episode when there was soooo much Aladdin in it. Fair warning, this next section is literally just going to be gushing about him and Jasmine. Was it just me or was he so hot in his genie outfit and the looks on everyone's faces when he popped out of the genie lamp was hilarious. Like did no one catch the team up? We were all Aladdin in that moment when EQ hit on him and he was all ew. I loved how he was all excited when Regina realized that she and EQ were the same person, she could make a wish as well. I also loved how Jasmine was worried about him and Killian was all I feel you girl, I'm scared for my True Love too. Then their hug. I lived for that moment when Jasmine ran into his arms and when they left for Agrabah and he was all I'll do everything I can for you. Sigh so beautiful. Also his hair toss whenever he came out of the lamp.

I am a little annoyed that we got so little Aladdin and Jasmine this half season and now that they're gone to wherever Agrabah is, we'll get even less of them. Also where the hell is Jafar??? You can't promote this season being all about Aladdin when it's actually all about EQ and Evil Rumple. We've already seen this played out so many times that it's getting boring. Been there done that thank you very much. I was hoping that the person under the hood would have been Jafar but sadly not the case. It was such a waste. You could have done so many interesting things with the fact that Aladdin was also a savior. I hope next half season, we'll at least get parts of them and what they're doing in the place of the EF flashbacks we usually get.

Now to Belle and Rumple. Guys I have such a problem. I have loved Rumbelle for seasons so even though I say that I'm sick of Belle always forgiving Rumple, just like her I forgive him the second he is sincere. It's such a struggle cause I was disgusted by him for so long but when he took her elbow and told her about how they'll find their son, I melted. And it isn't just that I hate evil Rumple because I loved evil Rumple in the early seasons, it's the character development I hate. He was on the way to becoming better after season 3 but then all of a sudden the show just made him regress and I was irritated as hell. I do like this storyline with Gideon being kidnapped by the Dark Fairy (I mean did anyone not see this coming) and although I was disappointed the person under the hood wasn't Jafar, it's kinda interesting to see Evil Gideon! Evil Rumple is probs thrilled that his son is evil too. Ugh. There goes the little amount of thawing my frozen heart was doing towards him.

It wasn't the best midseason finale the show has had but I'll forgive them cause it wasn't the wrap up for a half-season long storyarc. I can't wait for the show to return in March! Tune in Tuesday for my Flash midseason review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment