Thursday, December 8, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 8 Review

Hey guys! Sorry this a little later than it usually is posted but I had other plans tonight and was unable to watch Legends until about an hour later. But I'm here now and ready to talk Legends!!! I know I haven't actually been reviewing Legends weekly but that is simply due to the fact that I watch so much tv that sometimes Legends get shuffled to the back and I have to binge a couple of episodes to catch up because it isn't my favorite of the CW DCTV shows especially once Leonard died and I no longer had his scenes with Sara to look forward to. But I promise I will be reviewing each premiere and finale that airs and so let's get into the the midseason finale of Legends of Tomorrow. It was a fun one but didn't really act as a midseason because nothing really surprising happened, no storyline really wrapped up so it acted like just a regular episode.

Despite all that I liked this episode because of two big reasons. Firstly, it was set in the 1920s and if you anything about me, I love love love the roaring 20s and I love when shows travel back to that time period! I totally felt for Amaya this episode when she was talking about how much she always wanted to visit this time period and experience the fashion and the speakeasys. Swoon. I loved seeing everyone dressed up in their 20s gear and Sara looked stunning as she always does!

The second reason was the return of Leonard Snart! The show had been promoting his return and I think the showrunners said something about him being part of the Legion of Doom so I was a bit disappointed that Leonard was only a hallucination of Mick's this week. Despite this, I did enjoy seeing him return because it was just amazing to hear his slow drawl as he tried to convince Mick to leave the team and become a criminal again. In my shipper mind, I would also like to believe that he was talking about Sara when he talked about an angel who could kick ass. Shut up. I can't wait for his actual return.

Now let's get into the episode. Sara and Stein were kidnapped by the Legion because the Legion wanted the pendant that Sara swiped from Darkh. It was fun to see Merlyn but I kind of wish his return would have been kept more of a secret cause that would have been more exciting. Sara must be hating this whole thing. One man killed her sister, one man basically killed her and one man was the one who got away. Poor thing. Also I totally forgot that no one other than Barry really knew what Eobard truly looked like cause he had the face of Wells every time Stein saw him cause it threw me a little when Stein couldn't recognize him. The fight with Sara and Malcolm was fun and I loved Sara's line about those who couldn't do teach. She was hilarious this episode from the opening scene where she basically acted like mama bear and made Ray and Nate stop fighting. Unfortunately the Legion got the pendant in exchange for Stein's location and apparently this pendant is actually a compass to some weapon that possibly Rip has or is protecting?

Ray and Nate were children in this episode. Like actually though. They kept fighting over who was stronger, who was smarter, who was better. It was funny at some points but at other points I just wanted to smack them. But tbh that's how I always feel about these two, both together and separately. I laughed so hard though when Jax came in and told them that Stein was about to kill Sara in the library and Ray asks him with the candlestick or the rope.

Mick and Amaya are apparently going to be a thing this season and although I'm kind of glad that Amaya didn't get paired up with Ray like I thought she would when she first appeared, I was kind of hoping she wouldn't need a love interest this season. And tbh these two are paralleling Sara and Leonard so much that I'm not a fan. It was sweet when Amaya kissed him on the cheek so I guess I could get on board with this if I have to. Mick has been kinda annoying this season so far and I feel like the show is trying to make us forget that he was Kronos so he is smart. All Mick does is whine and drink and I could get down with the idea that he misses Leonard but I need him to snap out of it like yesterday. You would think the 1920s and Al Capone would be enough to interest him but nope. I did love the scene where he and Amaya stole a car from some minions of Capone's and he was ready to drive off and Amaya was like what about Ray and Nate and Mick was like those idiots keep ruining everything, let's leave them and Ray and Nate were outside the car like we're standing right here.

Oh and at the end, we saw Rip Hunter again. He's apparently in the 60s pretending to be a director with an American accent. Okay Rip.

So I did like this episode and I'm excited to see where it'll go when we come back, but I do think that it was a fairly poor midseason finale. We'll be back in January I believe. In a few weeks or so, I'll be posting my winter tv schedule so you can see when shows come back on the air. That's all for now!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment