Thursday, February 1, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 10 Review

Ahh I can't believe that we finally finished this space arc and now we have to wait a whole month to find out what happens next!!! Honestly I'm just glad we're going back to Earth cause I was getting tired of the future.

Plot twist we still have no fucking clue what destroyed the world or what SHIELD is not supposed to do. Sorry for cursing but I've had it up to here with this storyline. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING THEY ARE STUCK IN A LOOP AND THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT NO ONE WILL SAY WHAT HAPPENED. Like straight up future YoYo (who by the way I totally called as being Kasius's seer) spent like ten minutes moaning about how things won't change and not once did she say what actually destroyed the world and what they should do to stop it. How freaking hard is it to say X happened and we did Y so Z occured. Jesus. We did get a small piece of new information and that is that Coulson is dying and apparently SHIELD tries to save him but that leads to the end of the world and I'm sitting here like the actual hell does that mean? I guess at least we know what Ghost Rider told Robbie who told Coulson at the end of last season.

Man I miss Robbie. I wish he'd come back though I know he probably never will.

Mack, Flint, Fitz and Simmons spent the episode trying to build the monolith and I was laughing at how nice it was that Kasius stored the pieces of the monolith right in his common room. Flint was super badass tonight though when he destroyed all those Kree from space. That was an amazing shot and I can totally see where all the CGI budget went. I was also surprised that neither Flint or Deke ended up going back with us cause I really did expect them too! Talking about more surprises, I was thrown that we didn't get a Deke/Daisy kiss either cause it really felt like they might (with May and Coulson watching in amusement) but ultimately I'm glad they didn't though Deke ended up dying anyway. I loved the way it happened though cause it was super badass and Deke's arc went full circle in him starting out only caring for himself but ending up sacrificing his life for the team. I'll miss you Deke. You really grew on me.

Another death was Kasius's and boy was it past time. Actually pretty much all the Kree died tonight which was hilarious cause apparently the only thing keeping them in power was the fact that the humans had nothing to kill them with. Kasius literally could not have ended being more despicable to be honest and by the time he murdered future YoYo and then beat Mack to a pulp, I was foaming with hatred and I'm so glad that Jemma forced that mind rape thing into his so he could experience being a slave for a few moments before Mack killed it. Man was it satisfying.

Oh but we did also learn something about Kasius's dad which I don't know if I understood correctly. It seems as though he wanted to rule over Earth but by the time he got there the Earth was already destroyed. Or maybe he wanted to rule but they destroyed the Earth to prevent him. I'm not entirely sure. Either way I feel like it's pretty likely that we'll see Kasius's dad in the future and maybe past Kasius too.

Sidebar something happened with Fitz and Simmons that I think will affect them going forward. Jemma had a weird reaction to Fitz killing those Kree with that wire like she was stunned he would attempt something so inhumane. I was sitting here like damn Fitz that was badass and neither Flint nor Mack who's literally the moral compass of the team cared so it was interesting that Jemma had a problem especially since a scene later it was her idea to suck the Kree out of the Lighthouse into space when Flint destroyed the window with his rocks. I'm not sure that's any better but I guess it'll go back to Fitz in the Framework and possibly Jemma worrying that Fitz is too different now or something. I hope whatever it is it doesn't end with Jemma and Fitz breaking up cause I don't have the time for that drama. I have to deal with enough of the dumb relationship drama in my Arrowverse shows, leave it out of here please.

We're back on Earth when we return in a month and I can't wait to see what's going on. I wonder if we'll get a time jump as in time moved normally as SHIELD was in the future or if it'll be a bigger time jump like the Monolith moved them forward in time or if we'll come back right as they left or maybe whenever Fitz left. I also wonder if we'll get a Black Panther tie in depending on how that movie goes. I can't wait!!

I'll see you all Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment