Thursday, February 1, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 12 Review

I really enjoyed tonight's episode of Arrow and even though I still think last week's episode was better, this week's episode left me with a ton of questions and a bunch of feels!

Let's start with Vincent cause he was the biggest part of this episode. I cannot believe he's dead! Last week I was so confused as to which side he was on cause as much as I wanted to believe in him, it was sketchy and I wasn't sure if he was playing a game with Cayden or not and I still was unsure this week until pretty much the end. I really thought for a second that he purposefully turned on his comm so that the team could be split again and then I thought it was weird that he didn't break out of his confinement earlier cause clearly it was really easy five seconds later. As soon as Anatoli left the room, Vincent should have been out of there. I was really surprised that he died tonight cause I was really enjoying him and his relationship with Dinah and I thought there was so much more that we could have gotten out of this which was the real shame. I still wish we could have gotten an explanation as to how Vincent's powers worked. I thought he could heal pretty much anything but I guess unlike Wolverine, he has a limit to how much of that healing power he can use? Also boy rip yourself off that pole. I know it'll hurt but it'll be better in the long run!

Sidebar, I want to give all the props to Julianna for her acting tonight cause it actually made me tear up when she cried for Vincent to wake up. Ugh and then her final scene with Oliver gave me chills!

I also enjoyed the flashbacks with Vincent and Dinah cause I love when the shows remind us that the Arrowverse is in one universe. It was so fun to see Captain Singh and the CCPD for a few minutes. I do wish we had seen a little bit more of the two of them undercover but I understand that time was limited.

On the other hand, I'm still not enjoying this two team thing and how every single week we need to hear over and over and over that Rene, Dinah and Curtis are not okay with Oliver and how they don't want to be one team and blah blah blah. Guys we ALL get it. The more they harp on it, the more they just sound like whiny babies. I do however think they made the right call in splitting the teams up into saving Vincent and finding the bombs. I can see both sides and though ultimately I'd like to say that the city is more important than one person, if that one person is someone you love, it's not so easy to turn away from them. Like Dinah said if it was Felicity or Lyla, Oliver and Diggle would make the exact same call.

Like I said I want to be mad that our team lost the bomb to Cayden's crew because they were low on manpower but I can't cause this was just a case of Cayden being really smart and playing our people. The only way to fix this is for Oliver to call in more people to be honest. Thea NEEDS to suit up and I know Roy is coming back soonish but also they should maybe look for Ragman or Nyssa or Slade. The more the merrier cause the bad guys just so vastly outnumber us.

On the note of Cayden, we finally were able to figure out what the evidence was that showed Oliver killing Cayden's son and honestly it seems really sketchy to me that someone as smart as Cayden would fall for something like this if it's so clearly obvious that it's not real. Like not only can Cayden hack into cameras and stuff to know that Oliver was in Hub City during the murder of his son but also (and much easier) if Felicity and Alana can tell that the footage was doctored, why couldn't Cayden?? This is the man that knew ARGUS was coming into the city (even though I call bull on that cause how the hell would he have known.) We also learned that the same person who leaked the footage of Oliver being the Green Arrow did this and if I remember correctly, Anatoli said he didn't do it so if it wasn't him or Vigilante or Cayden, by process of elimination it has to be Richard Dragon no? I don't think Black Siren has any hacking experience so I don't know if I'd believe it was her but at the same time Dragon didn't know or care about Oliver a year ago so maybe it was Anatoli and he just lied before? I would have liked it to have been Prometheus as a final middle finger to Oliver and that's what I thought it was until we were told Cayden has another traitor in his midst.

Oh I almost forgot about the Quentin, Thea and Black Siren thing. As I said before I really don't like this cause it really feels as though Quentin is trying to replace Laurel with Black Siren and I said over and over that just cause they look alike doesn't mean that they're the same person. I do still think the show will redeem Black Siren (even after killing Vincent) so I just have to bite the bullet. It was really sweet what Quentin did with showing Black Siren a bunch of memories of Laurel and their family.

Next week looks like Dinah will be going off the rails and on a murder spree and I'm pumped cause I love with Dinah and Black Siren face off. I also assume that we'll finally be able to get the bomb off the streets cause I'm definitely feeling like Cayden isn't the Big Bad this season after tonight's episode. Someone is pulling Cayden's strings and I can't wait to find out who that is. (How fun would it be if it was Joey Wilson?)

Tune in tomorrow for my Agents of SHIELD review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment