Monday, February 5, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 13 Review

Wow. I have no words for tonight's episode of the Flash. It had an awesome throw your hands up in the air moment and a holy shit I can't believe that happened all in the same episode which really shows how great the episode was. Also Wally was in the intro and man do I miss him.

So let's start with the metahuman stuff. Wolfe wanted to sell the metas with Amunet and get half the profit but Barry managed to do some crazy stuff and get everyone out. To be honest I'm not sure why Barry bothered to help the others except for Becky cause it would have been exactly like what Wolfe told the bus metas later in the episode. They would escape, cause some crime and then Flash would put them back in prison so the best option might have been to escape himself and then find proof that this was happening by outing Wolfe. I was also glad that they showed that Becky really wasn't a bad person cause she used her powers by mistake at first and then slowly didn't realize how bad they were so spending time in jail allowed her realize what she did wrong. Her standing up for Barry and being all precious was amazing.

I was really shocked that DeVoe ended up killing all of them including Wolfe and I wonder why he decided that he wanted Becky's body for multiple reasons. If he could just absorb the lifespan and powers of the bus metas, why bother hopping bodies at all? Does DeVoe need to hop bodies cause they all start to break down as he stays in them? I also wonder if maybe the reason he's targeting bus metas over all metas is that the specific type of dark matter that came out with Barry actually negates the effects of the particle accelerator dark matter. Also how is it fair that he gets to keep all the powers he sucks from the metas? That's straight up just cheating.

Did anyone else get a weird vibe from DeVoe tonight? His wife definitely thinks DeVoe has moved from superpowered person "trying to do good" to possible supervillain out for himself. He was sketchy from the first moment we saw him talk down to his wife when she had a simple question and then he got kind of upset that she wouldn't let him read her mind anymore. The love drug in her champagne was the worst though and now I'm just waiting for the episode where she turns on him and goes to help Team Flash.

Speaking of Team Flash, Ralph had some great moments this episode. Now that he's not being douchey every five seconds I'm warming up to him. I actually felt bad for him in that scene with that sketchy guy and when Ralph felt like he was going to let down the team and cause everyone to leave him again. I'm not sure we needed a Killer Frost pep talk scene but I liked the point of it. I also loved the new power Ralph got in that he can shapeshift. I was wondering if that would happen on the show cause I know Plastic Man has that power in the comics. When he pretended to be DeVoe and got Barry free from jail, I actually cheered out loud and that was my fist-pump moment of the episode. Talk about being unpredictable Team Flash! DeVoe and his wife were blindsided.

Sidebar this does lead to questions about Barry's morality. Like speeding away from the body when DeVoe was found in his apartment, lying on the stand and escaping from jail is wrong but pretending to be the dead person and lying to a judge is okay? Okay I'll go with it.

Next week looks like we find another bus meta and we didn't get a name but I wonder if she'll be Ralph's love interest based on the preview. It looks like a fun time so I can't wait!

Tune into my Arrow review Thursday night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment