Monday, February 5, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 13 Review

Omg who else called the big plot twist in tonight's episode??? Who else loved how the episode played out??

I had a feeling after last week's episode that Cayden wasn't our real Big Bad this season and that he was only a stepping stone to the real one cause there's no way that after he played a season finale move so early on that the team wouldn't capture him in the near future. After the reveal that someone on Cayden's team actually framed Oliver, I had a suspicion it was Diaz cause his comic book character was way too big to be nothing more than a henchman and it was proven true tonight. I hope this means that we'll get more of the martial arts badass from the comics and that we'll get more of an explanation about not only why Star City but also why this plan and why Cayden's son. Like wouldn't a city without a vigilante guarding it be easier to take over? And why use Cayden as a middle man? Why not just go straight for Oliver? I guess it could be that he thought that using Cayden would distract Oliver and co enough for him to make his move secretly.

Also I'm sorry but Cayden was also proved to be a thundering dumbass in tonight's episode and I'm not sure how much I liked parts of it. I did like that Diaz played him like a fiddle cause like Diaz said, Cayden thought he was the smartest man in the room and he refused to see people as more than one thing so it would make sense that he wouldn't even suspect Diaz as being anything more than muscle. I did not like however the whole Oliver being framed video cause I still can't get past the fact that Felicity and Alena knew right away it was faked but Cayden who's supposed to be this genius hacker didn't even put any research into the video? How hard would it be to look up where Oliver was or to look at the data file to see it was edited? I guess they could claim that Cayden was so distraught that he didn't care. I wasn't surprised that he ended up dead cause I saw that coming.

Anatoli is probs going to go back to Russia for now and I think he probs won't pop back up this season. I do want Anatoli as a Big Bad at some point but he'd work later on I think or maybe he's best as a recurring villain who comes to fuck shit up and then peaces out.

Oh Black Siren. I really don't know what to do with you. And did anyone else get a really creepy vibe from Quentin at the end of the episode? Like a serial killer vibe? I know you're not my Laurel but I'm going to make you be her. Shivers down my spine. I think it had to do with how the camera was positioned but if this is where we're going, I will be thrilled cause I think it would be a super interesting story (you know how little I care about Black Siren being redeemed) for Quentin and that maybe Dinah will be the one in the end to snap him out of it cause that would be poetic justice.

Speaking of Dinah, I can understand why she's so upset but that doesn't mean that I sided with her tonight. She was a bit off the rails and to be honest I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of NTA blaming Oliver for everything. Oliver legitimately had nothing to do with Vince's death and if he had been there, who's to say that Vince wouldn't have died the exact same way? Also Rene, Oliver being there had nothing to do with why the plan was shot to dust. I need them to get the fuck out now cause I'm over NTA and their screen time and this whole storyline. I tried so hard but I just can't anymore. Oliver needs to call back his old people and let NTA do whatever the hell they want out there on their own.

William also acted like an idiot tonight when he followed Oliver into the theater where the whole thing with Cayden was happening. I knew he was going to do something terrible since he appeared in the episode but I wasn't expecting him to be this dumb! Like I get that he was scared but I never understand in tv shows and movies when someone follows the hero or whatever to help when they don't know how to fight or are told to stay back cause dudes you always end up being a liability cause the hero has to drop everything to save your ass instead of focusing on what you have to. William needs to be grounded for life after that stunt though I can really see William becoming a sidekick after tonight cause despite what Oliver will want, I can see William being like if you want to be a hero, I want to be one too so I can be by your side always. For a moment I did wonder if William might actually be killed tonight but then decided nah the show wouldn't want to make Oliver spiral like that again would they?

The next episode isn't until March unfortunately but it looks like it will be a head to head battle between OTA and NTA and honestly I hope OTA kicks their asses and as much as I would love for the episode to end with NTA disappearing from the show, I don't think the newbies are going anywhere anytime soon cause without them Oliver won't have a full time team anymore. I don't particularly understand why Arrow needs to be a team show like Legends but that's clearly what the showrunners want so...

I'll see you all Monday for my Legends of Tomorrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment