Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 9 Review

So on tonight's episode of let's almost die, the team attempted to get from the Earth to the Lighthouse and straight up I don't even know how our team has survived this long by pulling plans right out of their asses. Deke take notes.

But seriously let's talk about what's going down on Earth. All the humans from this world except Deke left Z-One and the team tried to find a way to lift off but they realized that it would be harder than expected cause the plans for the plane were changed and so so many things were broken that eventually they realized the best plan was literally just float up like a piece of garbage in the wind in the gravity storm until they left Earth's atmosphere and then use thrusters to fly through space. I was dying during this whole time cause Fitz and Jemma trying to science was everything I missed and Deke and Enoch's reactions slayed me while everyone else was just like oh okay so another Friday then.

Dude I just loved having most of the team together again, making jokes at May's expense and just being the family that they are.

I'm also glad that Deke didn't actually try to kill Daisy like Voss kept hinting. I was really worried he would do like Voss said and turn on her especially with that one transition from Kasius talking about how humans always betray one another to seeing Deke follow Daisy out of the room. I'm really glad that he ended up saving her life by trying to distract/stop Sinara cause he was slowly growing on me and I was really hoping he would have grown as a person during this arc. There's still a chance that he tries to turn Daisy over when Kasius stops them next week but I'm hoping as he saw tonight, SHIELD is badass as hell and you really shouldn't bet against them.

Also I am getting sick and tired of everyone constantly saying Daisy is the Destroyer and holy hell that video did not prove anything! All it showed was Daisy walking off and that could have led to ANYTHING! Voss did say something about Robin predicting that a gold light came down from the sky and that's what started all this but then Daisy ended everything. Tbh all I could think of was the gold light being Thanos and that if Daisy really and truly did destroy the world it was to stop him.

We did get a little more about the whole time travel thing and the show explained it as a loop. I was confused last week as to whether those past/future moments were from the original timeline if the team wasn't pulled out or if it was them after they returned to their right time. According to Fitz and Jemma, it seems that they were flashes of the future/past after SHIELD gets back to the right time so everything they did in the future/past was to set up for SHIELD coming to future which leads to the question of how they're going to change things if the future is set... I feel like it has to change though cause otherwise what a bleak storyline and also I have no idea why SHIELD would turn to the Kree and make the decisions they did if they saw how terrible the outcome of those choices were!

Sinara is dead and here's hoping that Kasisus is next. His big plan this week was exactly what I thought he should have done last week which was to turn off the oxygen only Kasius wanted to bomb the human floors through the oxygen tanks which again is a little extreme. But I mean you know Kasius's dramatic ass so bombs it is. I loved that Mack and YoYo distracted him long enough to get all the humans to safe floors and move the bombs to other floors and that Kasius was so completely thrown for a loop. When they blew up the inhuman blood samples I cheered out loud at his disgruntled scream.

We did end the episode with the hint that Kasius has a seer and I think it's older YoYo to be honest cause she did go off last week in the future/past to talk to him and Kasius seemed to know her pretty well in the hallway confrontation. So much so that he knew how to block her powers. If it isn't YoYo, I definitely think it's an older member of our current team cause that'd make the most powerful impact.

Next week looks like the final confrontation on the Lighthouse (at least that's what I'm hoping!) I hope they kill Kasius cause that rat needs to die and it looks like Kasius might try to kill YoYo which adds to my theory that he has an older YoYo or a YoYo brought back to life from the future/past like Tess. I don't want anyone on our team killed. I also kind of hope when we do leave that we get to bring either Deke or Flint with us!

See you all Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment