Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 11 Review

Tonight's Flash episode was a lot better than last week's too! If Arrow's is as well (which based on the previews I think it will be) that leads to a question as to why I was so meh about all my Arrowverse shows last week..... But that's a thought for another day cause let's focus on tonight's episode!

So Barry is behind bars and casually making friends with people that Henry was friends with and I know we're supposed to think it's sweet that Barry has a friend but all I could think about the entire time was what that guy was behind bars for. Like Barry didn't even ask! Dave could be a serial killer or a rapist or anything worse than that. Like best case scenario he's a drug guy or a bank robber. TBH if I had to guess it's probably the latter option. Maybe he'll be the new Captain Cold. I loved seeing Iris and Barry meet daily and I have to admit though Westallen has never been a ship that I really ship, their scene where Barry phased through the glass so they could hold hands was hella cute.

I also loved seeing the Tricksters again and though Mark Hamill (he's probs a little busy on a tiny indie movie you might not have heard of called Star Wars) was not around, I loved seeing a non meta villain for once cause it was definitely a nice way for Ralph to get his feet wet. Speaking of Ralph, I'm starting to finally warm up to him. TBH it's probs cause we haven't got too many sleazy comments from him recently but either way I really enjoyed him tonight. I liked seeing him fight and be all weird and confront the fact that not only can heroes get hurt but that they're heroes because they do it anyway. I was also wondering if we got the name of the reporter who was following him cause she got a lot of lines tonight and it made me wonder if she was supposed to be Sue aka his wife in the comics as the showrunners have said that she'll show up (aka he won't end up with Caitlin too which thank god cause my girl deserves so so much better!)

The rest of the team didn't really get to do too much. Caitlin got to be Frost again and she had some funny moments with Cisco. I do think the three of them (Vibe, Frost and Elongated Man) should work together every time cause it seems to me that it's probs best to start overpowered than to be overwhelmed and needing help. I also can't decide if I like the fact that every week someone tells Caitlin that she needs to Frost up and she makes a joke about how it doesn't work that way and then someone yells at her until she does become Frost but I'm leaning towards being over it. Like we get it already, we don't need this joke every week. If it becomes the new Run Barry Run I'm going to roll my eyes so hard.

Next week looks hilarious. Someone has a shrinking ray and to be honest I may or may not make the joke about calling Ray the whole damn time. I can't wait for all the tiny jokes.

Also sidebar cause this technically doesn't have anything to do with tonight's episode but according to the Legends of Tomorrow team, Wally is officially moving over to Legends after appearing on like one more episode or so of the Flash to probably explain why he's leaving. This is simaltaneously infuriating and exciting news. Infuriating cause I will never not be bitter at how the Flash played my boy Wally and gave all the fun mentor/mentee relationship stuff to Ralph. Like remember how Barry was grouchy last season and all he did was yell at Wally? And to hell with the Flash writers' bull about how it's hard to come up with storylines for two speedsters cause dudes some of the best episodes of Young Justice had the Flash family in it. Despite this I did mention that this news is exciting cause I'm thrilled beyond measure that the Arrowverse isn't just writing off Wally like I was afraid they would and that he'll be able to play around more on Legends and be given more screen time. One thing the Legends writers do best is showcase the strengths of their cast though I do hope and pray that Wally doesn't become an idiot like Ray and Nate do on a weekly basis. Either way, I'll just be happy to see my baby in the forefront again!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review Thursday night!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment