Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 11 Review

Another win for the Arrowverse this week with a great episode of Arrow! It's funny how weeks that I enjoy an episode of one of the shows, I enjoy them all while weeks I don't enjoy an episode, I dislike them all. Honestly though last week's episode rubbed me the wrong way cause I really didn't like this OTA v NTA thing the show was doing but now that they've dialed that down a little, I'm feeling better about the show.

Since we started with that, let's talk about NTA. First of all, they're still being whiny babies even when Oliver and Felicity and Diggle agreed to share intel with them and loop them in cause they care about the city more than petty fights. I mean Felicity and Diggle told Dinah that Vigilante was on the other team but none of the three decided that it might be a good idea to tell Oliver that he might actually be a double agent? Like that seems like important intel to pass along. Also like I said last week I'm trying to be impartial with my clear bias towards OTA but seriously if NTA (mostly Curtis) does not stop pointing out to Oliver how much they enjoy not being one big team, I will lose it. Like jesus we get it. Do you need to repeat how much you don't trust each other every time??

By and by I think NTA needs to come up with a team name cause straight up you can't really be NTA if there's no Arrow on the team! I chuckled when Curtis pitched the Outsiders cause that was a comics team (that Black Lightning was on ironically.) I kind of also chuckled at how even though they claimed they were better, each of the three were falling back into Oliver's methods. Curtis lied about Vigilante, and Curtis and Rene tried to make the decision with Dinah. I wonder if this whole storyline is trying to get to a place where the three realize that Oliver made a tough call and hindsight is 20/20 and that maybe they were ultimately too hard on him. Honestly I wouldn't mind that or if the three straight up left the show to be a team in a new city cause if Black Siren is redeemed, we won't really need Dinah and maybe this is more bias but I don't want Oliver to beg for forgiveness again. He apologized last week and NTA didn't accept it so that's that as far as I care.

Now to Vigilante. I really don't know how I feel about this. I want to believe Vincent, really I do but I just don't know. Even after he gave NTA the correct intel twice and saved Rene (and possibly killed Bones) I still feel weird about the situation. Playing triple agent seems like a move that Cayden would plan out especially with how smart he is but again Vigilante is supposed to be a hero which is why him being on Cayden's team in the midseason threw me for a loop.... I do like him and Dinah together which is why I would like him to be truthful. If he did in fact kill Bones then his cover with Cayden is probs still solid and it would give our team a leg up.

Before we talk William and the Queens, Diggle had a moment which is worth bringing up. He was a little weird about putting on the Spartan suit cause he had hoped that he would get to put the hood back on after his injury healed. It made me wonder if maybe he'll get a hood suit in the future like maybe a Red Arrow suit or if he'll slowly realize that he doesn't want to be the Green Arrow... The first option is strange cause Diggle doesn't really shoot arrows but I guess he could start using the crossbow again? The second option is strange cause why even bring up the fact that he wants the hood again if he's not going to follow that train of thought. Maybe it'll be like the Flash comics when both Wally and Barry were the Flash though I feel as though that'd be really confusing. I just doubt that Oliver were ever put the hood away especially now that William is on board.

Speaking of William, I've decided I officially like his character after this episode. I was slowly warming up to him as the season chugged along but I was so about everything William tonight. He had a hilarious scene in the beginning with Oliver and Felicity, had a solid scene with that bully on the bus, stepped it the hell up when push came to shove in the tunnel, listened to Felicity and finally accepted Oliver's need to be the Green Arrow. If this is the William we're going to get from now on, I'm down. Give me all the William. I do hope we get to see more of William in the bunker or maybe some of Oliver training William for real?

It also helps that I'm digging (no pun intended) the whole Queen family thing. Felicity and Oliver being all domestic in the beginning was everything I wanted last week and more. I loved that they talked about what to do with William as a team (yay that Oliver didn't just make all the decisions) and that Felicity was so nervous about parenting when Oliver wasn't around and that William didn't even bat an eye to the bullies when they were making fun of Felicity being his mom. I was a little thrown with William saying that as long as he has Felicity he'll be okay with Oliver being the Green Arrow but I ultimately get what the show was trying to say. Also I have to say I adored that scene where we watched Oliver and the team fight while hearing Felicity's speech to William. It was wonderfully shot and it has to be one of the most believable Olicity moments. Sidebar I grinned every time their wedding rings flashed and it made me wonder since Iris made such a deal about wanting to be Mrs West-Allen if Felicity did the same or if she took on the name Queen instead...

Cayden still really doesn't make much sense. He's doing all this cause he thinks Oliver killed his son but according to Felicity and Diggle, Oliver was in Hub City at the time and if I remember correctly Felicity and Ragman were the only ones in Star City so I wonder what this "proof" is that Cayden thinks he has. I kind of like this idea cause it's definitely different than doing another Oliver killed X so Y has to get revenge thing. We've seen it with Slade and Adrian so it's been played out. It makes me wonder who's the real mastermind behind all of this. I'd believe Anatoli but I also wouldn't entirely mind if it was next season's villain and that we don't learn who framed Oliver until the season finale or season 7.

Next week looks like we'll be continuing this city under siege storyline which is so strange to me cause this feels like a season finale arc which is making me love it even more cause again it's something new! Also poor Star City. Every single year there's shit destroying them. People should just move tbh. The shots moved too quickly to really see what's happening but it looks like Black Siren might not be down with what's going on and that Dinah and Vigilante will be attacked. I swear if Dinah dies, I will be so beyond pissed. We don't need to lose ANOTHER canary.

I'll see you all tomorrow night for my Agents of SHIELD review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment