Thursday, January 18, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 10 Review

Tonight was the return of Arrow (as if you didn't already know) and it was a pretty good episode! I've been fairly lukewarm to this episode and most of the midseason finale but that's no fault of the show but my own personal preference as to which storylines I enjoy. It's the same problem I'm having with Flash. Intellectually I can see that these storylines are interesting and can lead to a lot of really cool scenes but emotionally, I don't like them.

In case you haven't gathered, I'm talking about the OTA v NTA split that's been going on in Arrow right now and possibly for a while if I understood what the cast was saying. Usually I'd expect a storyline like this to be resolved in an episode or two but after this season where Oliver hung up the hood for like 4 episodes or so, I can see this storyline being dragged out for maximum impact. And let me make it clear, my problem isn't with the storyline cause the idea of the newbies being hurt and forming their own team is a really interesting and cool one but my struggle is in that I can't help but choose OTA's side. This is a very clear bias on my part cause OTA are my babies and I've loved them for six years while the newbies were irritating last season and I didn't start enjoying them until the end of last season and the beginning of this one so I can't help but pick OTA over them which makes me feel bad and also kind of irritated at NTA for going against them.

Again intellectually I can see where NTA is coming from with how OTA is so tight-knit and how the NTA is treated like sidekicks and get left out of most of the decision making but at the same time every time Dinah or Curtis complain, all I can think of is Felicity talking about NTA acting like babies who are sad that daddy read their diary (which btw way harsh Felicity but it made me chuckle so props I guess.) I also cannot wrap my head around why Dinah or Curtis don't think it's a biggie that Rene sold Oliver out. Like Oliver is literally going to go to jail when Rene speaks up. And straight up what makes them not think that Rene'll turn on them if he's pressured to? Again I completely understand Rene wanting to protect his daughter but my problem is in NTA being so damn upset about OTA "spying on them" like guys really that's your biggest problem? If this was a company and the CEO found out that someone was leaking secrets there'd be a big investigation so how's this so different?

My biggest hope for this whole thing is that maybe since NTA is out and about this will mean that old members of the team will come back like Roy (who's slated to return this season and I'm just praying it's for more than one episode) or Thea or Ragman (like why'd he fall off the face of the Earth?) or even Deathstroke as a last resort. I'm also curious if this whole thing will end with NTA returning or if they'll peace out of the show eventually and go be a team elsewhere.

Oh and Diggle's arm is now fixed and it made me die of laughter cause dude what have we all been saying to you since the start of this season? GO. TO. FELICITY. AND. CURTIS.

Sidebar, that Bertellini boss was talking about his cousin (Huntress) and how she was underground. Refresh my memory, Helena's in jail right not hiding no? It would be fun to see her return though. I'm still waiting for a Birds of Prey episode with Black Canary, Speedy, Huntress and Felicity.

I was also surprised that Oliver and the team found out that Cayden and Black Siren were working with Anatoli and Richard and Vigilante already. I really thought it was going to be more of a shock later on but in hindsight it makes sense cause it does allow Oliver to need his team back and give him a reason to reach out. I'm curious about Vigilante cause I can't read him. I was so sure that he was playing Dinah but that he'd inadvertently remember how much he loved her before and that would cause him to change sides but now that Dinah knows, she's not going to trust him and he was so cold about her at the end that I'm not sure what's going to happen.

It was great to see Thea again and she spent most of the episode with Lance who tried to decide if he should try to turn Black Sire or if she's a lost cause. Thea was probably one of the best people to talk about this with cause she understands the whole evil family member thing with Malcolm but I just can't get past the fact that Lance is trying to rehabilitate a whole other person and trying to get her to replace the daughter he lost. Black Siren may look like our Laurel but she's not the same person. I was also glad that Thea brought up Sara cause straight up Arrow keeps forgetting that Lance has another daughter. I really wish she could pop into the season for at least an episode or so cause I really want to see her reaction to Black Siren.

Next week's promo shows Cayden randomly attacking all different parts of the city and Oliver being unable to stop it. I kind of hope William is actually hurt a little (is that bad?) cause I want him in the bunker and watching as Oliver kicks ass cause I really want him to get on board with the Green Arrow cause he's not going anywhere anytime soon and Oliver can't hang up the hood either.

Don't forget to check out my Agents of SHIELD review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment