Friday, January 5, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 6 Review

Oh my god you guys I'm so so sorry that I haven't been reviewing Agents of SHIELD like I should have been but the last few episodes aired while I was on vacation with my family for the holidays so I ended up being unable to watch the episodes until recently which might actually be for the best cause straight up Fitz showed back up in episodes 4 and 5 and if I had reviewed them, my reviews might have just been non-stop squealing and fangirling over him. Ugh but seriously, I really enjoyed the last two episodes and episode 5 which followed Fitz and Hunter on the road was probs my favorite of the season so far cause I missed Hunter so so much and his bromance with Fitz is perfection. I really hope we see more of him in the future. Now that that is out of the way, let's jump into tonight's episode!

Okay so I guess I'll start with the stuff going on with Mack, YoYo and Coulson which if I'm being honest I didn't really care about. Like I'm kind of getting over this whole Lighthouse world and I miss our agents being on Earth and solving spy problems. If I want to watch post-apocalyptic stuff I turn on The 100. Also it doesn't help that Fitz was back and everything he was doing was so fascinating that everytime it switched back I was like ugh. Anyway Kasius decided he wanted to make more inhumans to sell and one of the kids turned and had the power to control rocks (I think) and our team felt sorry for him so they decided to help. Tess and Grill died. The end.

Now to the fun stuff. How is it that of all the super spies that SHIELD is supposed to have that Leo Fitz aka the science guy who rarely leaves the lab is the best one? He walked in there all badass and played Kasius like a goddamn fiddle and I was screaming the whole time. He wanted to get Jemma's hearing back? Done. Convince Kasius that he was a badass? Done. Not eat weird alien food? Done. Save May's life? Done. Learn Kasius's backstory? Done. I was screaming. Framework Fitz though I hated him really gave our baby Fitz all the right skills! I was hoping that he might find a way to actually get one over on Kasius but due to some unforeseen circumstances we ended up where Daisy and Jemma wanted to get in the beginning with a shootout. Oh and in case you were wondering? He shot a bunch of Kree, and shot the forcefield projection to let them escape. (I warned you about the gushing didn't I?)

I loved that Fitz proposed to Jemma at the beginning of the episode and that Jemma proposed to him at the end. Their kiss gave me life and I wanted to see a pan to Kasius's face when he realized he was played. The only unfortunate part was that Kasius's brother managed to turn on Daisy's inhibitor though I assume between Fitz, Jemma and Mack someone who know how to take it out of her.

Another casualty was the loss of that inhuman that could read minds. He had a super cool power and I was hoping that he might stick around. Unfortunately this show seems to kill off or send away any inhumans that have cool powers other than Daisy and YoYo. I guess it makes sense cause this isn't an Inhumans show (though the Inhumans on SHIELD are so much cooler and stronger than the ones on Inhumans.) I was also a little confused why he decided that May and the others stood no chance. I expected him to read their minds and realize that Fitz, Daisy, Jemma and May were all together now and had a chance though I suppose maybe he thought that he's not a SHIELD member so he'll probs be collateral.

Speaking of, May was sent to the surface of the Earth instead of being killed due to Fitz. I assume that since the way back to their normal time is on Earth (the time monolith perhaps?) and that there's clearly a resistance of some kind that we learned about a few episodes ago, May will join them and eventually our team will get to her and then get back. I still wonder if this time travel thing will continue all season or if it'll be broken up like last season.

Next week's episode looks amazing and I can't wait to see it! Everyone will reunite and I want them to kick everyone's ass cause our team is back together. Also I hope that alien that came with Fitz makes it cause he is fun and I like him working with Fitz. Though it wouldn't be SHIELD unless their escape plan A is destroyed so I'm not too surprised about that. I vote they steal Kasius's brother's ship and fly to Earth!

I'll see you all next Friday for next week's review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment