Monday, January 15, 2018

Supergirl Season 3 Episode 10 Review

Supergirl is back and kicking off their return with the Legion of freaking Superheroes!!! I have been waiting a thousand years for them ever since Mon El disappeared last season and I have mixed feelings to be honest.

Let's start with the Legion first cause I can't hold it in! I love the Legion so when I first saw the costumes I was super disappointed cause of all the Arrowverse shows I thought Supergirl embraced it's comic book stuff and colors and aliens so the fact that they gave all the Legion black costumes was annoying. Also straight up I had to wait a season and a half just to get another black leather costume for Mon El? I want the Valor suit. I want the pink suit for Saturn Girl. I want the purple suit for Brainiac 5. Ugh I'm really hoping these dark costumes are cause the 31st century is apocalyptic and that something Supergirl does this season will fix the future allowing the Legion to not look like the 00s XMen.

I'm also a little over this whole we want to go back to the future and we shouldn't meddle situation. Of all the storylines to bring back this was not one I wanted and I don't like it. I really wish the Legion had come back to help Kara so that the future would be okay cause the way the show decided to go, everyone looks an asshole. Mon El for not helping and Alex for wanting to place her world over theirs. It's all just irritating. I also really wanted Mon El back but I can't enjoy him cause he broke Kara's heart and is married. It's so hard for me cause I really don't like when the obstacle in the path of romance is marriage. Imra is fine but she's starting to get a little less fun though I'm so so so glad they decided to keep her powers and finally showcase them tonight.

Speaking of, I loved seeing the Legion rings and our heroes fighting. I could have done without all the Bon Jovi jokes but I loved the Avengers callback when they played music to announce their arrival. I do wish we'd see more of the Legion fighting cause the thing I hate most about this show is how other heroes constantly need to be NERF-ed to showcase Supergirl's strength. Why can't they all be badass like in the Justice League cartoons?? Martian Manhunter is always down in seconds, Mon El and Imra were pretty useless and how did we not get an explanation as to why Superman couldn't come help? Like just tell me he's off world or fighting his own villain or something! It's not hard!

Now all that out of the way, let me just take the next few moments to gush about Brainiac 5 who I adored. Again I was disappointed by the pictures I saw of him and his makeup which looked really strange but it grew on me as the episode went. I already had a predisposition to like Brainy just cause Jesse Rath played him and it was amazing. He was dorky and crazy and smart and just all around perfect. I highly highly doubt the show will go the comic version and have Kara date him but I would not be opposed in the slightest if they went that route! I laughed so hard every time he said something to Kara!!! I really hope we see more of him.

Lena and James were in this episode and really they should not have been cause they pretty much did nothing. Like Lena girl I get it but Kara is "ill" and she didn't invite you into her house so why are you barging on over just to ask for love advice? It did lead to another amazing acting moment of Melissa playing J'onn playing Kara and I was living for it especially at the end of the episode when Kara and Alex talked about what happened.

I don't understand Reign and what's happening with her. Why is she more immune to Kryptonite than Kara? What does she want? Why is she against Supergirl if they kinda want the same thing? Can Ruby turn off Reign and bring back Sam? What the hell is up with that weird cult guy? Is he another World Killer? Are we going to do something fun where a bunch of "humans" around the Earth wake up and remember who they are like sleeper agents??

Overall I did enjoy this episode though I feel like most of that is cause I loved Brainiac 5 because if I think back, nothing really happened tonight....

Next week looks like a team up of Kara, Imra, Psi and Livewire (can you hear my eyes rolling into the back of my head through the screen?) which might be fun. I do love the actress who plays Psi so more of her please! I also hope we see more of Brainiac 5 and possibly some flirting between him and Kara though I swear to everything if Mon El acts jealous or territorial I will lose my shit. Also I want more World Killers though I'm afraid that if we do bring more, it'll end up being like the last two seasons in Kara having to fight an army of aliens. It might be fun if Reign is turned off permanently or is brought to the heroes side and that there's an even bigger threat out there.

Now that the Arrowverse shows are back, don't forget to tune into my Flash review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment