Friday, January 19, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season Season 5 Episode 8 Review

I'm back! I'm so sorry that I missed last week and wasn't able to review it but Friday's are such hard days to keep open and I wasn't able to watch the episode until later. Overall I loved last week's episode but it wasn't as fun as the previous chunk of episodes. This doesn't mean that I disliked the episode by any means but that the other episodes this season were so much better! I struggled with caring about the Flint stuff cause though he's an interesting character, I'd be much more attached if we weren't just going to leave him in the end. (Also ironically I love how everyone including me assumes that we're going to go back to the present day time and not stay here in the future.) Tonight's episode was back to being amazing and it actually made me cry!

I guess let's start with the stuff on the Lighthouse. YoYo and Mack and Flint are living their worst lives in a horror movie and it's terrible for them but so much fun to watch. Poor Flint was being blamed by everyone for the water and power being cut and I mean yeah it's his fault but at the same time, the humans on board really need to stop thinking that the Kree are literally everything and realize that the Kree are their oppressors not their saviors. I do understand why the humans feel this way cause to most this is the only life they know but at the same time I was hoping they'd be a bit more openminded. Also props to Kasius for being a drama queen and deciding that he wanted to kill all the humans but not through easy means such as turning off the oxygen on all non-Kree floors but sending roaches to hunt them. I suppose he thought that all the SHIELD people went to the surface so he could take his time with the murdering...

Also sidebar, Mack's love for his shotgun ax is so pure and I loved his response to Flint about why an ax on a shotgun is a good idea.

Their plan was so awesome and I'm actually really surprised that it worked to be honest cause things are never that simple. YoYo was super badass as always and I'm so glad she's part of our team now. Also very smart of them to take out those dumb wrist things cause that's another way the Kree could win as we saw the downsides of them.

Over on the surface everyone got to the surface safe which I loved that not only did the Zephyr survive an apocalypse but also that Fitz and Simmons were talking about how Fitz built the thing and Deke was just like oh that's cool but did you fly it? Like who even invited you Deke? Butt out! So Robin was of no help until the end which confused me for most of the episode cause why else would she was still alive. I was really really hoping she could actually explain what happened which we can sort of piece together through the flashbacks but I was hoping for more of a straightforward answer. But then that asshole killed her cause we can't have nice things or allies apparently. I understand why they would think killing Daisy would save the world but Daisy's our girl so I can't root for that!

Sidebar I called it from the moment Deke and that guy had a talk about his dad and forgiveness that Deke's dad was totally dead. Also sidebar 2 I totally had a thought that maybe Fitz and Simmons were actually Deke's parents which would have been hilarious to the tenth degree.

We also got some flashbacks of the past/future in the timeline somewhere between present day and this time 70 years in the future. According to these it seems like Daisy did somehow destroy the Earth (though after it was evacuated) which makes me feel like it's probs done to destroy a Bigger Big Bad (*cough Thanos cough*) cause it seems weird that Daisy would wait until a city was evacuated if she was going to have a meltdown of some kind. Coulson and Mack seem to die and possibly YoYo too after the team decide to turn to the Kree for help and she disagrees. Fitz and Simmons create the plans to make the time monolith machine and May becomes a mom to Robin. Now this is all sweet and everything but straight up if the team's plan was to send everyone to the future to see what happens if they fuck up and then send them back to not do the thing that leads to this future. wouldn't it be a good idea to I don't know LEAVE A NOTE OR SOMETHING.

Everyone's been all vague and no one knows what happened so how the actual hell is our team supposed to know not to do something if they don't even know how it happened in the first place. Jesus leave a diary with an explanation with Robin or something!! If Deke's dad was able to hold onto a piece of the time monolith, a diary/book wouldn't be that hard!!! Ugh. At least now we know officially that our team isn't going to stay here but go back which we all assumed but it's nice to hear a confirmation.

Next week looks like Sinara will catch up to our team and I'm hoping they finally murder her cause I'm over her. Also Kasius's big plan now seems to be to blow up the Lighthouse which means he'll need a ship to escape in so maybe our crew can steal one and go to Earth too? Flint is needed to get the team home somehow so maybe he can find the monoliths like a tracker cause they're rock? Either way I'm super pumped!

Tune in Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment