Monday, June 11, 2018

Supergirl Season 3 Episode 22 Review

Overall I really enjoyed tonight's episode of Supergirl and the last half felt very much like a penultimate episode but the first half was a little slow.

Let's start with the evil Kryptonians who arrived on Earth and built a new Fortress. I'm not entirely sure what they actually did with building a new Reign but I guess somehow they built a new Reign from scratch like they did on Krypton? Okay so I'm confused about that but I can let it go other than one thing. Why did their previous models for World Killers have a human counterpart? Why not just build the World Killers like they did now? And why did they only make one with all three powers rather than three separate World Killers like they did before? I'm wondering if maybe they troubleshooted and were like so maybe plan a didn't work so let's try plan b. I actually really like the idea that all of this was simply to make a new Krypton cause for a while I was really confused as to what Reign wanted though it feels pretty similar to what the Daxamites wanted last year. If all these aliens want a new planet and can literally terraform it into their specification, why pick Earth? I'm sure there are plenty of planets they can play with! Maybe that's a personal thing but for me it's always like why pick somewhere that's protected over somewhere that's probs easier to control.

Also sidebar this would be the perfect time for Superman to come back cause the World Killers are about to destroy the Earth and not just National City but I don't think he's scheduled to appear this season which is disappointing cause I don't know why it would be so hard to bring him back when clearly the show has permission to use him and I don't think Tyler Hoechlin is too busy right now.

I also kind of love the idea that Sam and Reign are still connected and that by one getting stronger, the other gets weaker. One thing I'm looking forward to in this finale is just how much is in the air as a way to stop Reign. As the episode went on I really thought that we might actually lose Sam (as I predicted so that Alex can adopt Ruby) but by the end I'm fairly certain that Sam will make it out of this season alive. Ruby was still kind of annoying tonight but so was Sam in her own fun way.

Alura, Mon El and Kara had a fun adventure tonight too. Apparently Mon El learned how to be a tech guy in the future which I think is hilarious and fun and he and Winn finally had a moment where they were friends again cause I've been missing them hanging out like last season. I'm also pretty sure Mon El is going to stay cause he all but admitted that he still loves Kara and can't leave her again. I wonder if somehow the Legion will pop up in the finale cause he's gotta get divorced somehow. Speaking of coming to Earth, Alura is here as I predicted she would eventually come and I kind of hope she sticks around though I have a feeling that she'll probably want to go back and help rule Argo at the end cause if she stays, then there will be another Kryptonian on Earth. I just don't want her to die in the finale. Anything else is okay. Also how hilarious was it seeing Alura play Kara tonight?

We had some stuff with J'onn and Mry'nn and though what they were doing was all emotional and deep, watching it was pretty boring. Like did we constantly have to cut to them when so many more interesting things were happening. It looks like maybe they won't be able to finish the Reach after all cause Mry'nn is going to die stopping the Earth from exploding.

Winn also had a little bit of an arc when he was working on his non-lethal weapons. I love any time the DEO agents have something to do cause it humanizes all the extras and reminds us that they probably have lives too. I loved his interactions with that DEO agent tonight cause he's the same one from that episode where Mry'nn caused everyone to get angry at each other. I would still love to know why Winn and that guy don't like each other. It was a good idea to let us get to know him a little cause when he died it had a bigger impact that if he was DEO agent blank. It's also leading to Winn brooding a little about how he was so proud of his tech but how it didn't work out the way he wanted it too. I've been having the feels that Winn might be leaving the show this season between how many times the show has hinted Winn wanting to do something else and how busy Jeremy Jordan is in the real world. I wouldn't blame him for leaving for a second cause the show really does underutilize him.

We got a glimpse of Brainiac 5 in the promo so it looks like the Legion will be back afterall and apparently looking for recruits or wanting Mon El back. I could see Winn leaving with them tbh or maybe Sam and Ruby but I really hope that Mon El sticks around cause this whole season was about him realizing that he can't live without Kara and that she's more important to him than anyone else. We should be getting a big battle between Kara and Reign as well and I can't help but laugh whenever she talks about how she doesn't kill cause like didn't she kill a whole race of Daxamites last season indirectly when they realized the lead into the air? I can't wait to see how this season ends. Hopefully it'll be a high on an overall meh season.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment