Friday, April 5, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Eulachacha Waikiki 2 (4/16): Lee Joon Ki is an unpopular actor who runs the Waikiki guesthouse. However, business is bad and the guesthouse is facing bankruptcy. In order to revive the guesthouse, Lee Joon Ki asks his friends Cha Woo Shik and Kook Ki Bong to invest their savings in it. Cha Woo Shik is a picky person who dreams of becoming a singer. Kook Ki Bong used to be a promising baseball player, but instead is now stuck playing in the minor leagues. After Lee Joon Ki's request, they all put their money into Waikiki Guesthouse and start living there together. 

We've officially met all of our crew now but I'm still not sure I like this season as much as the first. I don't know if it's the characters that aren't as fun as last season or if there's no Sol being the cutest baby ever. The romance is also building really fast for a show with 16 episodes cause it's so crazy that Woo Shik is already in love with Soo Yeon already and I'm a little sad that everyone keeps making fun of him for it. It was sweet to find out that she loved him too in the past but due to a misunderstanding it didn't work out and I kind of wish that Soo Yeon had fallen first this time around cause we barely ever see a girl chasing a guy first and Woo Shik deserved it after all that happened. I still wish Jung Eun had more screen time cause I still feel like we know almost nothing about her but we did finally meet Yoo Ri who is Woo Shik's older sister. I loved the antics of her and Ki Bong in the 3rd episode especially with how they accidentally convinced whole Guesthouse that he was a player but she seems like a really annoying character so far and I'm not thrilled with the romance they set up between the two cause I kinda wanted Ki Bong with Jung Eun but part of that might be that I'm not over Joon Ki and Seo Jin yet so I don't want to see the writing on the wall for Joon Ki and Jung Eun to get together in the future.
    He Is Psychometric (8/16): A boy who is able to read the secrets of those whose skin comes into contact with him, and a girl who does everything she can to hide her pain. In the drama, the boy and girl will meet and try to fix, heal, grow, and love from the small and big occurrences that happen in their lives.

    Ahhh don't mind me squealing like a crazy person over here cause my ship is sailing! Ugh I adore Ahn and Jae In's relationship cause not only is it so so cute to watch them be romantic but I love them when they're being funny and scheming and when they're hunting for clues. I love how much of a puppy Ahn is almost 24/7 and is it any wonder that Jae In fell and fell hard for him especially when he's so straightforward with his feelings? I loved their hunt for information at the human trafficking office and their hilarious exchange midfight where they decided on their feelings for one another while the head boss was like yo I'm still here. Their first kiss was cute but I liked their second one much better cause both were into it this time around and I loved that she first let him see her feelings for him before it and guys my heart fluttered just as much as Ahn's probably did. On the other hand, I think we finally learned what about Seung Mo was throwing me off and I think he has some sort of sociopathic qualities in that he doesn't understand emotions which is why he gives off a weird vibe. It was also pretty much confirmed that he's into Jae In though I was really expecting him to tell Ahn before Ahn and Jae In got together cause I thought there might be some noble idiocy there with Ahn maybe thinking that he owes Seung Mo everything and could at the very least give up on the girl they both like. On that note, how is it that neither Seung Mo nor Ji Soo able to tell that Ahn and Jae In are into each other? They flirt so heavily all the time! I still think the guy after Seung Mo is his father and somehow his father has decided that Jae In and not Ahn is the person that Seung Mo loves the most even though you would think that cause they live together, Ahn would hurt Seung Mo more!
    FINISHED You're All Surrounded (20/20): Eun Dae Gu, Eo Soo Sun, Park Tae Il and Ji Gook - otherwise known as the P4 - are the new recruits in the violent crime unit at Gangnam Police Station. These rookies are neither enthusiastic, nor passionate about their new jobs and have joined the crime squad for varying but unbefitting reasons. They are lead by an erratic and hot headed Seo Pan Suk who wants nothing more than to wash his hand off of the incompetent new recruits.

    I was in the mood for a cop drama for some reason this week and after a few misses I stumbled upon this drama which I was all for cause I liked half of the cast so I had high hopes and after finishing this drama, they were met. I adored Lee Seung Gi as Dae Gu cause he was the perfect example of a cold lead that I loved because though he tried to act unaffected by everything around him, he actually was as soft as a marshmallow on the inside and it showed even though he tried so hard to hide it. I also adored Go Ah Ra as Soo Sun cause she was the perfect mix of spunky but kind which so many shows try to portray but either have their female lead come across as completely moronic or so arrogant that everything they think is the truth no matter what so I was thankful I loved her from the first moment she popped up on screen. I enjoyed their romance as well though I wish it had been a little more developed cause it fell into that weird place where one person in the couple refuses to admit their feelings for no reason cause it's like your both single and no one really cares! Of course all the other characters from Team 3 were fun and I loved all their interactions with each other and the police antics they got into. I do wish we had a little more weekly cases to solve cause my favorite episodes of this show were at the start though I was glad when Dae Gu's identity was revealed cause it didn't drag on too long. Of course I loved Pan Suk too though I lowkey wished that he had been the villain afterall but it was nice seeing how much he loved his "kids" and Dae Gu and what a good cop he was. I did love the twist of Dae Gu's birth secret only to turn out to be a lie and that the reason his mother was murdered in the first place was so mundane as money cause it really hit home how stupid the villains were. I had a lot of fun watching this and I'd definitely give it a 8.5 / 10.

      CDRAMA


      FINISHED Ode To Joy Season 1 (42/42): Five women live on the 22 floor of the same apartment. Different in personalities they each have their own struggles in their career, family and love life. As they get to know each other and journey through the struggles of living in Shanghai, they each undergo a transformation

      This was an interesting experience for me cause I went into this drama hoping for something similar to Age of Youth/Hello My Twenties but when I started it, I struggled so much to enjoy myself. Since there were 42 episodes in the first season the start was so so slow and I really couldn't connect to any of the main characters which made me start and stop this drama so many times. It didn't help that there was so little romance to be found especially at the start but as the show went on, I found myself getting more and more attached to the characters and their strong love for each other. I adored the friendships that evolved and around halfway through the show, it really felt like these girls truly loved each other. Andy was definitely my favorite cause I loved how competent and smart and real she was but surprisingly I found myself liking Xiao Xiao as my second favorite cause I kind of loved her inability to be anyone but herself. She said some harsh things but they were always true. Sheng Mei was really interesting as well and I loved her family arc. On the other hand, Ying Ying was super annoying cause of how naive she was especially during her lame cheating asshole boyfriend arc at the start but I started to warm to her as the show went on cause she dialed back her craziness and Xiao Guan was kind of just there in my opinion cause she didn't get too much to do except for when she was after Dr Zhao which was annoying to watch cause girl code seriously! Speaking of boyfriends, I adored Dr Zhao for sure and thought he and Xiao Xiao were perfect together. On the other hand, I lowkey hated Wei Wei cause he was manipulative and honestly it felt like every time he tried to "help" Andy he was more trying to mold her into his perfect woman rather than thinking about what she wanted or needed. I definitely adored Bao Yi Fan much more and I agreed with Xiao Xiao's thought that with Andy being such a logical person, she needed someone more energetic and happy to balance her so not only was he so much more handsome that Wei Wei (with the sexiest voice I've ever heard tbh) but they would be the perfect definition of opposites attract. Overall I'd give this show a 8.5 / 10 and I'm definitely checking out the second season!
      FINISHED Ode To Joy Season 2 (55/55): Who will Andy end up with? Will Fang Sheng Mei finally be happy? Will Qu Xiao Xiao and Zhao Qi Ping end up together? Will Qiu Ying Ying and Yi Qing be in a relationship?

      It feels kind of silly to separate season 1 and 2 of this show but since so much happened between the two seasons, it felt better to separate them so I can talk about them more. Like I said during season 1 I adored the friendship between our five ladies and how much they loved and supported one another. Andy was still my favorite and I adored her slow building relationship with Bao so much cause like I said I think he was perfect for her and I loved how despite everything life threw at them, he never left her side for one minute. His mother was exhausting to experience but I also got kinda annoyed at Andy too cause her biggest flaw is to run away whenever anything goes wrong and I felt so bad for Bao who was the one to fight for them. Xiao Xiao had an interesting arc cause I thought the reason she and Dr Zhao broke up made a lot of sense but I was really glad when they got back together and I loved how he supported her through her parents possible divorce and how he basically took them out to read them the riot act. It was so sweet when he told them that he would love and support her if they wouldn't. Xiao Guan finally got a boyfriend this season and I loved how he was so different than anyone I would have expected for her but I do wish he had appeared earlier in the season cause it felt too rushed cause one minute they met and then all of a sudden they were in love. I did love that he told her everything about his past and even his ex girlfriend and that she calmly worked through what he said before reacting cause that's her biggest strength I think. It was sweet how he told her he'd wait for her over and over and I do hope he comes back in season 3. Sheng Mei was still one of my least favorite characters cause though I feel bad for her, I was ultimately glad she broke up with Wang cause girl was sucking him dry. She definitely needed to take some time and support herself before needing someone else. I do think she'll get back with Wang by the end but hopefully this time it'll be on better terms. Ying Ying of course was the worst from top to bottom and I kind of hate the guy she ended up with cause after he freaked out over her not being a virgin and ruining herself, that was it for me. I wanted to scream at her to get a grip when she was spending all that time with him after he got engaged but I guess it all worked out cause they're getting married now. Overall I'd give this show a 9.5 / 10 again cause it was just as good as the first season!

      xoxo Allie

      No comments:

      Post a Comment