Monday, September 26, 2016

Gotham Season 3 Episode 2 Review

This week's episode wasn't as fun as last week's but it had it's moments. I've never really been a fan of Fish so the fact that this was a Fish heavy episode did not help.

Penguin was still on the hunt for Fish and I'm really enjoying this whole idea of the people of Gotham looking up to him. Since there's no Batman and the GCPD kinda suck at their job, it would only make sense that the people who look outside the law and with Penguin playing on their fears, he was able to get the job done. The only part of Fish's storyline I enjoyed was her scene with Penguin where she told him how she could never kill him because in her mind, she made Penguin and she's been their from the beginning so she feels like a proud mama. She also kidnapped Strange in the hopes that he would help her and it looked like by the end of the episode that she lost almost all of her Indian Hill villains.

I also really liked the Poison Ivy stuff and I grinned when she appeared in the mirror with her green dress and done up hair. It was like staring at a comic picture of her. It's still kind of unclear whether she can control plants or whether she just likes them cause the show left it kinda ambiguous. I hope she does have plant powers cause I'm not sure whether she would be Poison Ivy without them.

The stuff with Bruce and the secret council was kind of boring and I still want to know why he can't just fire the whole board but the show made it sound like Bruce has a majority stock in the company so at least that question is explained. I really liked how Bruce's playboy persona is starting to be built up but I feel as though this was all part of Bruce and Alfred's plan to lull the council into a false sense of security before pouncing. I was also really glad that this Bruce doppelganger thing was exposed to the real Bruce and Alfred already because I was really hoping that it would not become a soap opera storyline of the fake Bruce pretending to be the real Bruce while the real Bruce was locked up or something.

Barbara wasn't in enough of the episode but she did appear for a few minutes and flirted with Jim. I just love how uncomfortable she makes him and she knew just by looking at Valarie that Jim would end up sleeping with her cause he really jumps from girl to girl. Like I said, Barbara just needs to appear on screen and I'm happy.

And now we're finally up to Jim and the GCPD. Jim and Valarie were working together for 5 seconds and I was kinda surprised that Jim fell for Valarie's whole let's work together thing cause I called it from when she walked into his apartment that she was going to play him. I still like it when Jim works with Penguin and the villains cause like I said before, the villains are my favorite part of this show. I was also very surprised that Jim and Valarie became a thing already and all super dramatically with Lee stepping off the train into Gotham at the same time. What do the woman see in Jim? I get Lee and Barbara but Valarie has only known him for a hot second and she's into this brooding thing?

Anyway so that wraps up this week's episode of the show and despite it not being as fun as the premiere, I still enjoyed it! I'll see you tomorrow for my Agents of SHIELD review!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment