Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 2 Review

So looking back at my review of last week's episode, I realized I was a little harsh on the episode and I found I enjoyed it a lot more on the second viewing. And I really enjoyed this week's episode!!!

The more I see of Robbie, the more I love him. He's a little broody but I think it works with this new tone and this new Daisy. I wish the show would explain him more like why is he what he is but I guess we're only allowed to know what Daisy knows since she is our eyes and ears into the Ghost Rider world. I also liked how Mack immediately distrusted him because Mack has always been quick to judge. Remember when he hated all the inhumans?

Is it bad that I ship Daisy and Robbie? It's literally the first time I've shipped her with anyone on the show and idk maybe it's the chemistry but I do.

I got so excited when I realized that Daisy was about to meet up with Fitz and Mack by accident but their meeting was a bit anticlimatic. Fitz acting like a pouty baby in the corner of the jet made me laugh so hard. But what he was saying about being a team was true. When he went through brain damage, they were all there. When Simmons has PTSD from the alien planet, they were all there. But Daisy seems to revert to her season 1 distrust of everyone when she's upset which makes a lot of sense based on everything she's been through.

I also liked seeing the ghost spirit things that were floating around in the episode. I kinda like how it seems that they're actually not ghosts but something sciency-related. If they were ghosts, they shouldn't be able to touch things and influence the world. And they're so creepy! It's kinda awesome. I'm guessing that the spirit that's inhabiting Robbie is the he that they kept talking about getting revenge on. It looks like Ghost Rider will be the only one able to fight these ghost things unless maybe they respond to fire?

And poor May. I felt for her so hard in this episode. I still don't trust the director despite him being all nice in this episode. Tbh this is probably because of how our core team feels about him. We know our original members and we've been with them for so long that if they have qualms about him, so do we. Also was it just me or was this new director super condescending to Coulson throughout the episode? Like what was that garbage about him knowing all the SHIELD history. He's like a bully making fun of the smart guy in the class. And whatever he's doing to May is not going to be good. Why couldn't they sedate her rather than putting her in a strait jacket? She's sick not insane. You would think with him being an inhuman, he would have a bit more sympathy. Oh and him being an inhuman made me roll my eyes. Wow way to be an inhuman and try to oppress your own kind. I will never be okay with all this tag and watch inhumans and not let them do anything without permission thing.

Also what even is Jemma's new job? Supposedly she's a trusted advisor and a boss but it looks like she just floats around doing nothing. I need more Jemma!!

And that wraps up this week's episode of Agents of SHIELD. Unfortunately it looks like we won't be back until two weeks from now. I enjoyed this episode a lot and I'm getting used to the new darker tone. I'm hyped for the next episode! I'll see you all Sunday for my Once Upon a Time review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment