Sunday, October 2, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 2 Review

I almost forgot how much I loved the crazy storylines on this show and I'm so so so glad they're back. This episode was so much fun.

So Belle is staying at the Jolly Roger so that she can hide from Rumple and Hook apologized to her again which I liked because it showed that the show isn't trying to hide that he was a complete and utter ass to her just because she loved Rumple. I also liked how Belle forgave him right away cause that's just who she is.

Meanwhile Rumple was being creeped on by the Evil Queen. First of all, this whole Rumple and Regina thing has never happened before. They always had a paternal relationship and the show is randomly making it more romantic in this episode both in the present and the past. What the actual hell was up with Rumple sniffing Regina like a creeper who just ignored it like it was normal? He also made a deal in Storybrooke to give The Evil Queen what she wanted as long as she kept away from Belle.

I want to know the Evil Queen's plan cause rn it makes zero sense. Why would Snow and Charming's story end unhappily? The only thing I can think of Emma dying because she's the savior by Regina's hand but I can't think of a reason why Regina would try to kill Emma. I also liked that the Evil Queen revealed herself already cause I would have thought she would have been working in the shadows ruining everything for Regina which I think would be more effective but then we wouldn't get those hilarious scenes where the Evil Queen acts evil. Also she's apparently destroyed the technology in Storybrooke and set up another border.

I get why Emma wasn't on the docks with the rest of the family because plots required her not to be but it was super cheesy. Like I said earlier, the person under the hood probably is Regina because the show has always set up Regina/Evil Queen to be Emma's family's one true enemy but the fangirl in me wants it to be Jafar. I read some reviews of last week and one of more fun ones said that the Oracle that Emma met might have been Jafar in disguise. I did like how she opened up to Archie and told at least one other person the truth. I also really like how characters we haven't seen in awhile are appearing again.

The Count of Monte Cristo story ended way harshly. I was definitely not expecting the girl he was interested in to die and for him to die by the hands of Regina as well. I actually gasped. I did like the backstory and how Rumple sent him to the Land of Untold Stories which was pretty obvious from the first moment Rumple and Regina spoke.

I really need an explanation on these Untold Stories because I am so utterly confused on what they are. The preview showed Cinderella's Untold Story and how the Prince picked her stepsister? In what universe does this happen? Are these so called untold stories just other versions of what could have happened? Does that mean Snow could have died without Charming's True Love Kiss or he could have married someone else? It seems the writers are just trying new things to me.

I'm also really disappointed in Zelena choosing the Evil Queen over Regina and I'm still holding out for the hope that Zelena is just spying/playing the Evil Queen. I'm not really sure why Zelena would trust the Evil Queen especially with her daughter. Speaking of Robin, why on Earth is Robin's crib all the way across the farmhouse? After all the babies that have been kidnapped in Storybrooke, you would think it'd be safer to keep Robin closer.

PS Aladdin/Jasmine/Jafar were not in this episode which was sad but it looks like Aladdin and Jasmine will appear in the future so YAY!!

Overall I definitely enjoyed the episode. It seems to me that you really need to ignore the little stuff and just focus on the big story with this show otherwise you get bogged down with the crazy and you can't enjoy the episode like you're supposed to.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment