Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thoughts on New Fall 2016 Shows - Conviction, Timeless and Luke Cage

One of the best parts of Fall are the new tv shows and there were a couple that I checked out!! Here are my thoughts!

Up first is Conviction on ABC!!! So I watched a trailer for this show and I was on the border as to whether or not I was interested in it but regardless of how I felt, I always kinda knew I would check out at least the first episode of the show. Why? Two words: Hayley Atwell. I love love love Hayley and I would watch anything she's on at least once. After watching it, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I like the show but it didn't turn me off so I am going to keep watching. Hayes is such a different character than Peggy and you can tell that Hayley is having a ton of fun playing her. It always makes me laugh in these kind of shows how civilians will recognize first daughters or celebs at that caliber because that would so not be me. Besides Hayes I also really liked Emily Kinney's Tess and Frankie. They were a fun duo together and I enjoy forensics so I liked what their job on the force was. Also Shawn Ashmore from X-Men and Merrin Dungey from Once Upon a Time are on this show. I would recommend checking out this show for at least the first episode cause it looks like it has potential. Who knows, it might become one of my favorites!

Next up is Timeless on NBC! So I accidentally caught a trailer for this show while I was surfing channels and it caught my attention because I love time travel. I don't normally watch NBC because it's mostly full of procedurals but the trailer for this show was interesting enough that I decided to check out the first episode. After watching the first episode I think I'm in the same place as Conviction in that I'm interested to see where the show goes. I liked Lucy and Rufus and I'm sure I'll like Wyatt as the show progresses. The plot line seems to be exactly what I figured it would be in that each episode will consist of the team traveling back to a specific time period and stopping the villains from getting their way. Hopefully the show is able to find another way to spice things up because repeating the same plot over and over gets tiresome but I'm sure they'll figure something out. I did enjoy the twist at the end because I was not expecting their time travel changes to have such an heavy impact. Shows like this always claim that changes in the past change the future but rarely do such changes occur so I'm glad that Timeless is not going to be pulling punches which makes it more interesting. I would definitely recommend checking the pilot of this show out!

And last but not least is Luke Cage on Netflix!! Unlike the other two shows on this list, I have actually watched the whole season of Luke Cage so I have a better understanding of this show and I would 100% recommend that you check it out. This show was so different from most shows let alone from the Marvel Netflix shows. It felt a bit like an exploration into the black community and it's so empowering to see a black superhero. The show was full of twists and turns and just when things started to get a little dull, bam it picks up again. Claire Temple and Trish appeared in this show and unlike Jessica Jones or Daredevil, every single character on this show was a joy to watch. All of the villains were amazing and the show ended in a fun way. I can not rave about this show any more. If you've been living under a rock, check it out! You won't be disappointed!! If you're curious about how I'd rank the Marvel Netflix shows, it would be as follows:

Daredevil Season 2
Jessica Jones Season 1
Luke Cage Season 1
Daredevil Season 1

Anyway that's all for now!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment