Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Flash Season 3 Episode 1 Review

Who else is excited that we're finally back????? This premiere has been so hyped up that I was a little worried that the episode wouldn't be able to hold up like the season 2 premiere which was super disappointing but luckily this episode was amazing!! It's always fun when these characters are in another world or timeline. One of my favorite episodes of Flash Season 2 was the one where we went to Earth 2 so I was pumped for this episode to begin!

I couldn't stop smiling during every scene that Barry had with his parents and how cute and in love they were. I also couldn't stop laughing every time Cisco was on screen. This billionaire version of him was hilarious. But the best line of the episode goes to Caitlin when she asked Wally if she was being kidnapped and then later asked Barry if she could leave. It was funny seeing how weirdly docile Caitlin was! She was all 'I'm kidnapped, k cool let me help the speedsters now'. Also I love Danielle Panabaker's new hair!!

Iris and Barry are so sweet no matter which world they're in and I liked the way Iris immediately believed Barry when he told them about time travel. I could watch them fall in love over and over.

Since Flashpoint couldn't affect the other shows, there was only so much that the show could change other than characters. I liked how Iris and Wally were a two-man team and I was so excited to see Kid Flash cause Wally is my favorite speedster in the comics. It was kinda sad seeing Joe as a drunk but it makes sense because it the normal timeline he was a little bit of an alcoholic after his wife left before he shaped up and took Barry in.

Rival was kinda lame but he seems to be a one-off villain so I'll cut the show some slack. I did like how much faster Barry was compared to Wally and Rival which only makes sense because he spent two whole seasons trying to get faster. I wonder if Wally will get powers in our normal timeline or if it'll be like Caitlin's Killer Frost not existing in this world.

The ending of the Flashpoint storyline was so sad when Barry had to say goodbye to his parents again and Eobard made Barry say that he needed Reverse Flash to kill his mom. Like way to just pour a truckload of salt in Barry's open wounds. I did really like the change in the end though where Iris and Joe are no longer close and I want to explore more of this. I was expecting everything to go back to normal but when I didn't see Iris inside the house, I knew something was up. Why did going back and fixing the past mix up the future? Shouldn't it have gone back to the exact same as before? And how did Eobard know that Barry's life was going to be different?

Also speaking of the past, its a good thing that only one Flash and Reverse Flash can exist at a time cause the amount of times they've been in the same point in time where Barry's mom dies, there would be a closet full of Flashes to hide!! Also why is Barry's time traveling totally cool with the Legends/Timemasters? Are we just supposed to pretend they don't exist cause they're on a different night.
Also who else thought when Barry talked about going to see a friend in the other timeline that it was going to be Oliver? Disappointed it wasn't!!!

Anyway so overall I loved this episode and I'm glad everything didn't just go back to normal in the end cause it leaves us a jumping point for the future. I want to know more about Alchemy and I really think this show needs to check speedsters off of their list of villains because it might get repetitive to have 3 seasons worth of speed villains. They need to mix it up before they lose viewers.

And that's all from me! I'll see you tomorrow for my review of Arrow Season 5 Episode 1!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment