Monday, October 17, 2016

Gotham Season 3 Episode 5 Review

So I was really not feeling last week's episode as much as I could have and I'm not sure what exactly it was that I didn't care for but I wasn't a fan. This week's episode was a lot better!

Penguin as mayor is still hilarious. I like how he was using Gotham City funds to build a statue of his mother. Like nah the money isn't needed for schools or anything. We can use it to make a statue. The new Red Hoods knew right away to destroy the statue. But straight up the best part of this whole thing was Penguin calling a meeting with all the mob bosses and lecturing them about how much he loved his mother and their faces as he talked.

Riddler is back in GCPD and making everyone uncomfortable. Fox threatening Ridder was awesome and I loved Lee smacking him and then threatening him. Poor Riddler. No one's scared of him anymore. I was waiting all episode for Riddler to meet Jim.

I'm surprised Valarie is still with Jim. I thought after last time, they were calling it quits. But now I feel like Valarie's whole oh I can't come over tonight cause I've been here the last three nights sounds less like she isn't interested and more like she's trying to convince herself that she's not interested. I also feel like Lee is being weird with her new fiance cause she keeps going to Jim with every detail in her life. She's totally trying to get Jim to freak out and want her back. Also who puts an engagement announcement in the paper? But I was right there with her with the surprise at how he didn't care.

I also like how Jim's new PI job is allowing him to take on cases that he wouldn't have in the GCPD and his relationship with Bruce is precious. Him teasing Bruce about his relationship with Selina was hilarious too. Everyone ships Bruce and Selina. Even better was when they were talking girls in the diner. But back to Ivy, I thought she killed that construction guy but I guess she left him alive? She was so harsh to Selina though and poor Selina has been running around worrying about her! I still can't wait until she gets her powers!!

Now can we take a moment to talk about Selina rejecting Bruce!!! It was definitely weird cause she was so jealous of that girl from last season and she's always so upset when Bruce doesn't want to hang out! I'm right there with Bruce in that their relationship is confusing!!!

And poor Butch! I was half-terrified for him throughout this episode that he would be caught by Penguin. Tabitha and him are still precious but I can't rave enough about how the underworld bosses are all such allies. Barbara could have killed him or tossed him to Penguin but instead they had a talk!! I hardcore didn't believe Riddler was turning on Penguin and I saw the betrayal coming a mile away. Poor Butch. It's so unfortunate because I loved Riddler and Penguin so much and now I roll my eyes whenever Riddler's on screen.

Also was this the first time that we found out the name of Barbara's club? Cause it's definitely the first time I paid attention to it. How cute is it that it's called the Sirens like the Gotham Sirens aka Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Catwoman!!

Oh and Mad Hatter appeared at the end and I loved it. He's nuts.

Anyway keep an eye out for my Supergirl review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment