Sunday, October 30, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 6 Review

I enjoyed this episode despite the writing being very weird this epsiode. Did anyone else notice how strange the writing was or was it just me? Anyway, let's get into it.

So speaking of weird writing, since when does Henry not like Hook and doesn't think Hook is part of the family? Henry was the one who told Emma to go for it with Hook and he acted like it was a surprise that Hook loved Emma too. It felt super contrived all so what it could parallel the flashbacks? It was strange and I was not a fan.

Another thing I was not a fan of was the Evil Queen and Rumple. Blech. I hate this weird writing of their relationship too. Again they have never been into each other before. Regina always saw him as sort of a mentor when she wasn't hating him. There was never sexual tension. I'm just thrilled that the show did not go the soap opera route and have Belle walk in on them as they kissed just when Belle was thinking about letting Rumple back into her life at least for the baby's sake.

The flashbacks were fine. I feel like we really don't need more flashbacks of our core group cause we know their stories already. I did like the return of Liam, Killian's half brother and I was glad that the show didn't just drop his existance. I liked the ending in present day where Liam sort of forgave Killian and then saw Nemo again. I knew nothing of Nemo's story so it was nice to learn a little about it.

And now for my favorite part of the episode, Aladdin and a bit of Jasmine. Like I said last week, I'm thrilled they are such a big part of the show and I love that they're not officially a couple yet because then we get to see their romance blossom on the show! Oh and Aladdin is so hot in his Storybrooke clothes. I mean did you see his biceps when he was sitting in Granny's diner with Jasmine. Swoon. Okay but no seriously, I love the parallel between Aladdin and Emma and I would love if they continued to have scenes together and worked through the Savior curse.

I'm still waiting for Jafar to appear because there's no way he's not in Storybrooke with the others. And I'm curious about this problem with Agrabah... Is this going to be like when Elsa and Anna needed to save Arendelle and returned there through a portal and we had a quick wrap up with them? It seems weird that Jasmine would constantly talk about it unless we're actually going to see them save Agrabah in the show... Maybe it'll flash back and forth between Agrabah and Storybrooke or maybe some of our Once characters will go to Agrabah with Jasmine and Aladdin.

Anyway I liked this episode and it looks like there's no Aladdin or Jasmine next episode so that's unfortunate but the Evil Queen is fun so it should be an interesting episode. Tune in tomorrow for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment