Monday, October 3, 2016

Gotham Season 3 Episode 3 Review

So this episode was TONS more fun than last weeks and may have surpassed the premiere!! There were so many fun moments and twists that we all saw coming and twists that were a surprise!!!

So of course I need to start with the Mad Hatter and how much I freaking adored him!!! I only know of the Mad Hatter from Teen Titans and I always thought he was super irritating but I guess all you need is a handsome actor to make him better because holy moly, Benedict Samuel was hot! But no seriously, he seems like a super fun character and I loved the way he hypnotized his victims. I also liked how the mind control seems to stay inside of the victim for longer than just a few seconds!! I really hope Alice didn't kill him because I want to see more of their relationship. Alice seems pretty awesome herself and I like her power! It seems unlike the other Indian Hill patients, she had her powers before Arkham which makes me wonder if maybe she was the prototype Strange used.

I still don't understand what happened with Lee and Jim. I guess Jim did tell her to move on while he was in prison but girl he was in prison for a hot second and she got engaged. Of course Lee's new relationship is not going to last but I'm sure it'll be fun while it does. And what a plot twist the fact that her new fiancé was a Falcone! How much you wanna bet that Lee choses Jim and the new guy loses it and makes a new mob? Or maybe he'll have some mobster temper and hurt Lee allowing Jim to step up and follow through with his threat. That scene in the hospital was hilarious when Jim threatened him and he stared at Jim like Jim was crazy. How long until Jim finds out that he's a Falcone? I'd say next episode.

Selina and Bruce are still the most precious little cinnamon rolls ever. Their five second hand hold was so awkward and cringy but at the same time made you want to go awwww. As the episodes go on, I feel like the fake-Bruce is a clone a la Superboy. And raise your hand if you guessed episode 1 that fake-Bruce would pretend to be real-Bruce. I'm a little disappointed Selina didn't catch on immediately that it was fake-Bruce but honestly real-Bruce has done so many 360s in his behavior that if I were Selina, I'd just assume that he was rebelling again.

Penguin as mayor lol. I called that. And he's totally going to become mayor too cause Gotham is insane. But more importantly, he blackmailed the new head of Arkham into releasing Riddler who was so utterly confused as to why he was being released until Penguin's limo rolled up and Riddler's like duh my boy saved me. I LOVE THEIR BROMANCE SO HARD. Also Butch's reactions to everything Penguin related kills me every time. "Penguin's running for mayor? Sure why not"

Barbara and Tabitha are doing well. Barbara was the one who hired the Mad Hatter cause she thought their club needed whimsy which killed me. Also I love how much of a married couple Barbara and Tabitha are. I also loved how when the Mad Hatter was all what if I love someone else, Barbara tried to kill him. That's our girl. I expected her to be the one to save Jim on the roof cause they did make eye contact over the bar so I was a little disappointed when Alice saved him but it looks like Barbara and Jim will talk next week so there's that!!!

As you can see I really enjoyed the episode and it's funny because thinking back to how little I liked season 1, I would have never guessed how fond of the show I would become!!! And with that I think I talked about everything this episode. I'll see you tomorrow night for a Flash review!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment