Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Arrow Season 5 Episode 2 Review

I really am liking this season a lot better than the last two seasons already but this episode wasn't as good as the last one. This does not mean that I didn't like the episode because I did but simply that I didn't like it as much as last week's.

So I know that the show wanted Oliver to be in the wrong when he was trying to teach the new team but to me it felt more like the recruits were being giant babies. They claim they can fight and that the Green Arrow needs to let them do stuff but they couldn't even work together to fight Oliver. It was so obvious from the minute the exercise started what the goal was and these three couldn't put it together. It's just super unfortunate for this team because I'm only really interested in Artemis and seeing her suit up. I like Curtis but I don't really care to see Curtis become Mr Terrific or Wild Dog. And compared to Digg and Laurel and Thea and Roy, this team seems like such B-listers and that's not a good thing. It seems kinda weird too in that we all know that Digg is coming back so why do we need to go through all these episodes meeting the new team.

Speaking of Digg, the poor thing was back in the army and ended up being set up for something he didn't do. I bet he regrets his life choices now. He never had these problems when he was in Team Arrow. I'm assuming that his storyline is that he's going to be court martialed and he's going to return to Star City but refuse to join Team Arrow until he clears his name. It'll give us a reason why he's not returning to the Team but be close enough to the others that he can have scenes with them while also giving him a storyline.

It looks like we're going to be seeing some after-effects for Felicity for nuking a city from last season. I have to say I completely forgot this happened because of how little I liked the end of season 4 until the show mentioned it twice. I still don't know how I feel about Felicity's new boyfriend and I think that's a mix of the fact that we met him in the middle of their relationship so we didn't get to see how they met and got together and the fact that I prefer her with Oliver. Despite this, I do like seeing Oliver and Felicity a la season 1 and 2. Tbh any conversation they have that doesn't have brooding is perfect for me.

Quentin is still drinking but is now deputy mayor which I like. I still need Sara to have a scene with him because Arrow is acting as though she doesn't exist right now which I really don't like or need. The show references Barry more than they do Sara. Ragman also appeared who we thought was the villain for a hot second but then it turned out he was on our side and it looks like Oliver is going to recruit him. This reminds me a lot of the Helena situation from season 1 but maybe I'm wrong and he's actually going to join the team and stay there.

Tune in tomorrow for my thoughts on the new fall shows.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment