Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Flash Season 3 Episode 4 Review

Loved tonight's episode. There were a bunch of funny moments, a couple of creepy ones and overall was a ton of fun.

So these metas that Barry has to fight every week have become so unimportant to the show that you could basically skip every scene and you really wouldn't miss anything. They're really only there to fill up time and have someone for Barry to beat up. Then again this is true for any of the DCTV CW shows. I never thought I would be saying this but maybe they should take some hints from Gotham and try to work with recurring villains or one big bad instead. It's definitely hard with 22 episodes but I'm wondering what's going to happen when we run out of these one-off villains. Mirror Master was fine. It was fun seeing Barry in a mirror and the scene where Iris checked out her butt made me die of laughter.

Captain Cold was back tonight but only in flashbacks and illusions. It's kind of disappointing that he's not back yet but I know he's supposed to be dead in present day and he's supposed to be in the Legion of Doom on Legends of Tomorrow which I can't wait for. I'm pretty sure that a younger Captain Cold will be picked up by the Legion, one that didn't join the team yet so at least he'll be on our screens despite not being the one that we loved. Ugh and that means he and Sara won't be a thing anymore (I hope this ends up happening again cause there's something I love about their pairing).

Iris and Barry are still happy and together and adorable but Barry was a little uncomfortable with PDA in front of Joe. It was a fun way for their to be problems in their relationship without going the obvious route of lying or secrets (at least so far). Here's hoping that their relationship will be more smooth sailing and less Olicity flailing around. On another note, why is it that everyone gets super annoyed when Olicity's romance is focused on a la Lost Souls where Felicity is worried that she's losing sight of who she is but we can have a whole episode devoted to how uncomfortable Barry is making out with Iris in front of Joe? I mean the two plotlines are very different but is it simply just the audience hates Felicity and doesn't like it when she's front and center?

Cisco, Caitlin and Harry were searching for a new Harrison Wells for the team and although this led to a bunch of funny scenes where Tom Cavanagh played a bunch of different people, the idea behind this was super super creepy. Like you have a life Harry so let's just fish around for a different Wells. Why not get someone else from this Earth to join the team? Why do we need a Harrison besides to employ Tom? They ended up picking a cheerful Harrison and I have a feeling this isn't going to go well.

Jessie being Jessie Quick was fun too and I loved her mentor-mentee relationship with Barry. I snorted at Barry's line about being Oliver because I'm pretty sure he quoted the exact thing Oliver told him in season 1 of Flash. I liked that she was able to overcome Top and her kiss with Wally was sweet. I still kind of want Wally and Artemis to be together now that she's on Arrow so I hope they have even a little connection during the crossover because I loved their relationship on Young Justice.

I'm so glad Caitlin has gotten these ice powers in this timeline because it's so much fun seeing her slowly become Killer Frost. I still think she should talk to someone about her powers because I'm sure they'll give her the benefit of the doubt seeing that they know her and know that she's a good person. I thought for sure that Barry realized it when he broke free from the mirror but it looks like Cisco might figure it out based on the hint that Harry gave him about the machine not working correctly.

And with that I think I discussed mostly everything that happened this episode. I enjoyed it a lot and make sure to check out my Agents of SHIELD review later tonight!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment