Sunday, October 16, 2016

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 4 Review

I started out kind of bored with the episode because I really didn't care about the story of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde but my opinion definitely changed as the episode went on and I really liked it!

So firstly I loved the twist of Dr Jekyll as the villain and Mr Hyde as the good one and the addition of Mary was perfect. The one thing I can't stand is when the "nice guy" gets all irritated that the girl he loves isn't into him because of a bad boy and how the "nice guy" will start whining about nice guys finishing last. The way Jekyll got so indignant with the fact that Mary loved Hyde instead of Jekyll so much so that he killed was shocking but at the same time obvious.

I loved how Belle realized how sketchy Jekyll was immediately after he called Mary his. After six seasons of being with Rumple, she knows who the bad guy is. I liked the link there between Mary and Belle. Both had the choice of the good guy but was attracted to the bad one (or passionate as the show describes it) instead. I also liked Rumple's reasonings for going after the formula although I kind of wish it was after he thought Belle died. Despite this, it makes sense as to why he would seek them out as he was starting to fall for Belle. What didn't make sense though was why Jekyll and Hyde were so pissed at Rumple. He didn't force them to do anything they didn't want to or kill Mary like I thought he may have. A little manipulation here and there but not even he knew where this would go!

I kinda love the idea of Hook and Belle being besties and its now my headcanon that they gossiped with each other every night. David being so awkward about Emma and Hook was cute too. He's so casually jealous of losing his daughter that it's precious. Also it looks like Snow and Charming finally remembered they had a baby son named Neal lol.

I still care very little about Snow White's need to be a teacher but I was thrilled when I saw Karen David appear. Cause I'm so in love with Aladdin, I obviously recognized her to be Jasmine right away and I am so beyond thrilled that Aladdin is alive in the present day because that means I'll get to see more of him! I'm pumped for next week's episode where we finally get to explore Aladdin and Jasmine!!!!!!!!!!!

Tune in tomorrow for my Supergirl and Gotham reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment