Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Arrow Season 5 Episode 3 Review

Ugh why are all the shows so on point this season????? It causes my recaps to sound like hardcore fangirling and I can't even analyze anything cause I'm so freaking pumped about everything!!!!! As you can probably tell, I loved tonight's episode of Arrow.

So first up I still don't like the new team. The characters are fine and I do love Curtis but I miss the old team. I'm still hoping they'll come back but I have to admit, watching them all work together and seeing Curtis' T mask was amazing. I am one of those people who can never decide if I like Oliver working solo or in a team but I do always get swept up in the excitement of team battles! I wonder how long it will be until Evelyn actually gets her Artemis suit unless what she's wearing is her suit but if that is the case, it'll be super disappointing.

I liked seeing Felicity all torn up about Havenrock and Rory but it was kind of sad that Felicity felt like she could not talk to Oliver about it. He talks to her about all his problems but I was glad that Curtis figured it out immediately why Felicity was being all weird around Rory and lent her a shoulder to lean on. Oliver was too wrapped up in his own stuff that he didn't even notice Felicity acting weird. I was so sure last week that Rory would try to hurt Felicity but after this week, I feel like he'll lean more towards forgiving her which I don't know how I feel about. I kind of wanting a Felicity kidnapping again a la season 1 and 2....

It made me laugh to see Cody Rhodes on Arrow as a Stardust dealer. If you don't know Cody Rhodes and Stephen Amell had a wrestling match on WWE and in WWE Cody's stage name is Stardust. It was a big wink to the audience. What I found funny about the situation (funny ironic not funny haha) was how Arrow stopped him after he felt no pain. He was running around talking about how no one can stop him now that he can't feel pain but I was sitting there like so you can't feel pain, that doesn't mean you can't die. All it would take was a perfectly aimed bullet to the head or chest. But Oliver's way was better in ripping all his tendons. And here's the ironic part. Killing would be so much more humane than these crippling injuries.

And poor Diggle! I was so excited to see Deadshot in the previously on Arrow segment and then in the jail cell with Diggle but it was heartbreaking to find out he was actually a hallucination on John's part. I have always loved their weird relationship and I was so excited that the DCU was letting him back on the show so it was sad to find out he's still dead on the show. I still will never understand why they had to kill him off. Like the DCU and DCTV are not connected. You can have two Deadshots! Anyway, I liked his interactions with Lyla and it's heartbreaking that John thinks that he has to punish himself for Andy. I'm excited that Lyla reached out to Oliver which I knew she would do and I'm excited for Oliver and Diggle to meet again!

Oh and there was some mayor stuff. Some newscaster woman was trying to take shots on Oliver's administration and she played Thea like a fiddle to get Thea to admit to Oliver not knowing about Lance's hiring. I was sitting there like Thea girl, you need to say that everything you say is off the record or don't say anything at all!!! Haven't you watched any shows with reporters on them?? I did like how Oliver handled the situation in the end and that he both hired Lance and kept Thea on as his Chief of Staff. I'm glad they finally explained what Thea's position was because before she was just running everything. Also when Thea was talking about quitting, I was sitting here like did Thea even go to college? I'm pretty sure she was in high school season 1 and then ran a bar season 2 and 3 and was a vigilante season 4. Like what else could she do? I did like how she threatened that reporter in the end!

The flashbacks were short this episode and consisted of Oliver finally accepting his Bratva position. Also the guys that were killed last week were murders so now their deaths were okay.

Anyway, loved this episode and I'm pumped for the break out next week!!! I really need my original team to meet up and need a group hug from them all!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment