Friday, October 14, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 1 Review

We're back with Season 2 and the premiere was fine. Other than the pilot, Legends has always been a so-so show for me and though I love time travel, the storylines are sometimes not very fun. This one was okay.

I actually really liked that Sara has not just forgotten about Laurel the way Arrow seems to have forgotten about her and that Sara is pissed and looking for revenge. I love her so much and it's hilarious to me how much every woman she meets is into her too. Nyssara is still my OTP though and at some point (possibly if this show is cancelled and Arrow is still on air) she and Nyssa will be together again.

Ray's boy scout thing irritates me most of the time and it irritated me here when he was lecturing Sara. I mean yeah she was kinda wrong for trying to kill Damien but Ray didn't have to act all holier-than-thou about it. I mean when his wife died he decided to build a fancy suit and fight crime. That's not a healthy grief response either Ray.

Rip is totally not dead. I thought he might be for a second but then his hologram said that he would see them again. Why is it only the women of the Flarrow-verse that die all the time? Rip could have died and that'd be no sweat off anyone's backs. Who even likes Rip honestly?

This new historian guy is here to take the role of Rip while he's missing and honestly the Legends should just stop with time-traveling. The little amount they care about preserving history is hysterical and you would think after last season and Vandal Savage they would realize that they need to blend in.

Damien Darkh and Reverse Flash are the villains of this season right? I actually really like this idea of Reverse Flash traveling back in time to ruin things although my brain explodes trying to decide from what point in time he came from. Is this the Reverse Flash from 2016 that went back because of Flashpoint or is this Reverse Flash from the future before he decided to kill Barry's mom? Is the Flash going to find out about this cause I feel like he'd have an invested interest in knowing the Reverse Flash is out and about.

The Justice Society of America appeared for five seconds at the end of the episode and I'm really confused cause they clearly exist in 1942 but Vixen is there and she was on Arrow in 2016 so does this mean that she's also immortal like Vandal Savage and Damien Darkh or does this mean that they have a time traveller on the JSA? Or maybe the Legends will take her with them and then drop her off a little earlier than 2016.

Anyway I liked this episode overall and I want to learn more about the JSA which was the only part of this season I thought sounded interesting. I hope we see Captain Cold again cause the actor did sign a deal with the CW to appear on all Berlanti shows. I miss him and Sara.

Now that all my shows are back, keep an eye out for my tv show premiere episode rankings so you know which returning episode was my favorite!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment