Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Arrow Season 5 Episode 4 Review

Tonight's episode wasn't as good as the past few weeks and I think it's because I still don't care for the new team so the fact that Oliver had his own thing with Diggle, I was super interested in that stuff and basically zoned out for the team stuff.

The new team is so pathetic minus Rory. Their very first mission solo and Wild Dog gets captured. Will this mean that he'll be less cocky in the future? Of course not. He was whining all episode every time Felicity or Curtis talked about making a plan of action or doing some tech stuff to find out where Church was going to be. Oh I'm sorry Renee, do you just want to run around Star City whistling here Church heeeere Church like he's a dog instead? Jesus. Artemis is just there. She really has nothing to do. Poor Curtis though was stabbed by a dagger and his screaming made me think he was going to die for a second and I was freaked out only to find that he was fine and just in pain. I'm so not used to pain screams. Normally in tv shows when stuff like this happens, the person dies.

I do really like this Felicity and Rory friendship. I liked how she seeked him out when he quit the team and how he offered an olive branch to her in the end with a cup of coffee. I liked how he was able to realize that when in the vigilante business, things aren't always black and white. There are a lot of grey areas and sometimes you need to make the tough call. I would normally ship them except I don't know how old Rory is and I still love Oliver and Felicity.

The flashbacks were fun and kinda short but we got to see Oliver kill someone again. Is it just me or do you also think about how in season 2 the Bratva kicked Oliver out because they didn't like doing his favors everytime Anatoli or anyone talks about how Bratva is family. What kind of mob kicks people out instead of killing them or keeping them on? Maybe cause Oliver's got sway with Anatoli, the Bratva needs to back off.

My favorite part of the episode was the Diggle break out sequence. I liked how easy it was to convince Diggle to break out and I loved the weird harness pulling them into a plane thing. It's always fun to see Lyla and I liked her being the tech person in place of Felicity who did not approve of the mission. Still waiting on a group hug for the three of them!

Loved the episode and I'm excited for next week. Will Digg be back on the streets as Spartan? Obviously. Will Wild Dog die? Of course not. Will we find out what lie Felicity is telling her boyfriend as to why she's out at all hours? Don't worry about it.

Tune in Sunday for my Once Upon a Time review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment