Monday, October 17, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 2 Review

Something about this new season is killing me and in a fantastic way!!!! I can't stop squealing during each episode and I hope that this feeling continues now that Superman has left and the season continues.

First up, I still love love love Superman and Supergirl teaming up. I love how funny Clark is when he's fighting and how sweet their relationship is. I loved the action in the episode and I'm so glad Supergirl is on CW with their much better CGI and special effects and fight choreography!!! It really makes the show feel more realistic and less cheesy than last season!

I did kind of hope that maybe the show would acknowledge what Alex said about Clark abandoning Kara because in a way he kind of did but I'm also kind of glad they didn't because this episode was too upbeat to touch on that dark of a subject. There's always a chance that they'll talk about it in a later episode. I'm not sure if you watched the Justice League cartoons but in that show, Kara was also adopted by the Kents and I know that Supergirl probably separated them for logistics but it would have still made sense if she grew up with the Kents and then moved to National City so I hope we do get a conversation about this.

I'm a huge fan of the Danvers sisters and the moments they have but every time Alex talks about how she gave up everything for Kara, I want to roll my eyes. Kara did not force Alex to do this for her and I like that Winn talked about how the worst thing a foster family can do is tell their foster child how lucky they are. This wasn't really touched on too much in the episode so again I hope this becomes a bigger deal later on. Kara needs to stop apologizing for being there.

Cadmus is not exactly what I expected in that they decided to go public and take credit for the threats again Superman and Supergirl. It would have been smarter to keep it more of a secret organization and I kind of really really hope that Cadmus is being run by Lex or Lena or even Maxwell cause I feel like Cadmus as the villain on their own, may not be as impactful as if it were a Luthor or Maxwell who has clearly started his mistrust of supers.

I have to admit, when Cat told Kara that she was leaving, I cried. When the show started, I was not been a huge fan of Cat because as you may know, my least favorite part of these CW superhero shows are when the superheroes get lectured by someone (Flash is the worst at this). These are adults, not teenagers. They shouldn't need to be advised every day. But as the show continued, she grew up me and something about this scene just pulled on my heartstrings. I know this isn't going to be the last we see of Cat cause she is slated to be a series recurring character so I'm looking forward to seeing what brings her back. Also can her son slash Melissa's IRL husband come back? I loved him and Kara together.

I hope we see more of the Snapper Carr and Kara relationship because he seems to be the only one not impressed with her which makes interesting television. I was surprised when James said that he was put in charge of CatCo but I guess that's the show's way of making sure James has something to do. Who's excited for him to become Guardian?? Winn slayed in this episode and I can't not laugh every time he says something! His line to Clark about wanting to hang out more next time while hugging him was amazing.

I'm excited to see what's up with Mon El and I'm excited to explore his story and how he'll fit in with Kara. I'm calling it now, they're going to date which could be fun because dating another superhero prevents the problems of having to explain why dates are missed and there will be no hurt feelings because they'll be fighting crime together! Speaking of dates, I kind of want Maxwell back so Alex can flirt with him cause they had CHEMISTRY!

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash and Agents of SHIELD reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment