Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 3 Review

Ugh we're back after a week off and I'm so glad. Agents of SHIELD is my favorite superhero show and it's not the same when SHIELD takes a week off.

So apparently the Watch Dogs have taken over in the place of Hydra and I know some people were really annoyed of Hydra but I always liked them. I do understand why with inhumans existing the big bad had to become something different. Their plan of trying to blame inhumans for the blackouts was a smart plan. It's always a better idea for villains to pretend their the good guys and try to get the people on their side before attacking and the Watch Dogs were doing that. What was kinda cheesy was the idea that taking out the EMP in Miami turned on the power in LA but I'll roll with it. Also they don't give Fitz enough credit but he basically saved the day. How else would they have been able to figure out where the EMP signal was without him?

This kind of stuff with the inhumans and the mutants always make me so sad. I don't understand how people don't understand that by shunning those unlike them, they're just breeding evil. If everyone just accepted each other, then there would still be problems but on smaller scales. Poor YoYo and her dumb friend who decided she didn't want to be around her anymore just because she was an inhuman now. YoYo's still the same person and her friend should have realized it. Also how funny is it that Mack and YoYo are basically a thing but Mack won't make a move allowing everyone to tease him including Fitz?

Speaking of not accepting people, Gabe and Daisy finally met and he decided that Daisy was a terrible person and should not be around Robbie. What on Earth caused Gabe to think this other than the fact that Daisy was an inhuman? Of all people he should know how you shouldn't judge based on what someone looks like. She literally saved his life and he's like nope go away. It's extra ironic knowing that Robbie is the way he is and having Daisy around is not going to change that at all. In fact it'll probably do him some good. It was really sweet how Robbie went out to buy/steal/borrow medicine for Daisy's arm. I just felt really bad for her and I keep hoping that she'll make her way back to SHIELD but I doubt we'll see that until midseason at the earliest.

SHIELD is now officially back out in the open and although I disliked this whole thing with going public (I mean a PR guy seriously?), I have to admit I had all the feels when the SHIELD logo was revealed. I do agree with May that Coulson should have been the one to be out there making the announcement and if it was, I wonder if the moment would have been less bittersweet.

It seems May is finally back to normal and I'm so glad. For a moment there I actually believed that she died and would be made into a Life Model Decoy but I cannot tell you how glad I am that it did not happen! AIDA was much less creepy in this episode and I think that's because she wasn't sexualized. I think that's what creeps me out about robots and stuff. Jemma crying over May was so heartwarming and May's confused face when Jemma threw herself at her was hilariously sweet.

The new senator is real weird. I wonder how sane she is because she seems to be pretending like her brother who's in that weird casing that people go into before they die or are reborn as an inhuman was him. I was having some trouble studying that scene but it looked like he was in the casing so that means that he was a human exposed to the terrigen mist which is weird because those crystals were basically gotten rid of and the fish pills don't affect humans. I was sure with how weird she was acting that her brother was an inhuman and would be tied to a chair or something cause she hates the inhumans. I wonder if she's the one behind the funding of the Watchdogs or if she works for someone higher. I get a vibe of underling from her.

So as you can tell I really loved this episode and I can't wait for next week when Robbie is brought into SHIELD. I loved that running joke that Coulson was the only one who didn't see the Ghost Rider. Anyway tune in tomorrow for my Arrow review.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment