Monday, February 4, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 12 Review

What a crazy episode and one that I adored top to bottom! I knew that the 150th episode was supposed to be shot as a documentary but I totally didn't realize that it was tonight until I started the episode and for a hot second I was confused before remembering!

It was a super creative way to honor old Arrow cast members and in a way that felt even more fun than the 100th cause it wasn't only the main cast that came back. I loved revisiting Ragman and Huntress and Sin and Thea and even Sara. I also loved seeing "old" footage like Quentin talking about vigilantes back in season 3/4 and Roy's interrogation tape from season 3 and Diggle talking about how Oliver wasn't the vigilante from season 1. It was so much fun and I loved everything they said about Oliver being a hero and why vigilantes are a good thing. It also led to a creative transition to the future where Mia and Connor (aka JJ) was watching them. I still hate the flash forwards but I did go hats off show when I saw that. This small moment actually made me a little more interested in the flash forwards cause I still think Mia might be Oliver and Felicity's daughter (especially with the name Mia who is a Speedy in the comics) and with JJ who changed his name to Connor, I would be down to see what's going on.

The main story of the show was the vigilante hunter from last week who was named Chimera by Curtis. He apparently was a fan of the Hood and was only attacking vigilantes to steal their hoods like a creep. I suppose this is a good thing cause then there's still hope that Huntress is out there and could pop back onto this show at some point. We saw Rory in the documentary so he's fine. Overall he was fine as much as any weekly villain but because of him Team Arrow got back together and I'm thinking they'll probs stay together from now on though I don't know how it works logistically even if they're all deputized now. Will they work out of SCPD instead of the bunker? Is Diggle leaving ARGUS even though he just started the Suicide Squad? Honestly I could see Diggle popping back and forth whenever he's needed for Team Arrow but Emiko, Rene and Curtis joining the SCPD vigilante squad. I suppose Felicity would count too right?

Everyone also learned about the new Green Arrow being Oliver's half sister Emiko this week too and I loved how everyone reacted to it. Rene thought it was a joke, Diggle was a little hurt and Dinah was totally understanding. I was thinking earlier that it was a weird turn for Diggle to be spearheading the whole let's get the band back together thing cause he seemed pretty happy at ARGUS but I wonder if we're supposed to be picking up on hints of Diggle missing Oliver and the team based on how hurt he was that Oliver didn't tell him about Emiko and Oliver talking about how they haven't had much time to hang out anyway. It would make sense if that was the case...

Over on the William side, it was great to have him back and I assume that now that he's here that he won't be leaving especially since he got expelled from his boarding school. I assumed that he was going to be angry with Oliver and Felicity for sending him to boarding school based on the flash forwards where he talked about being abandoned but it still kinda hurt to see. I'm curious to find out what happened and why he's so angry. I sort of just assumed that once Oliver got out of prison, the Queen family probably all had a talk about William and whether he should come back and that after Oliver and Felicity mentioned going to visit him on Thanksgiving break that he wanted to stay at the school and made friends and stuff. Did he ask to come home on Christmas and Oliver and Felicity said no?

I know a lot of people don't like William but I kind of loved him around cause he made Oliver and Felicity feel like a real family and if Felicity isn't going to be Overwatch all the time since Team Arrow works out of SCPD, it would give her something to do. I'm sure they super bonded while on the run and since William didn't say anything like you're not my real mom when Felicity called herself that, he must see her as a mom and I'd love to see them work things out before going to Oliver like a real family.

Wait so apparently the vigilante hunter this week wasn't the same guy leaving threatening notes last week cause that person seems to be the villain for next week and it looks like so much fun! The episode seems to have a bit of a horror movie feel and the Queen family might all be stuck together in a small space the whole time giving us a bit of bottle episode where they can work out their feelings properly!

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment