Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Flash Season 5 Episode 13 Review

I actually enjoyed tonight's episode a lot more than I expected and that had to do with literally one scene cause I was pretty meh about the whole thing until I saw it and then I was like well damn maybe this one isn't so bad after all!

It's a little awkward how Nora is straight up the villain this season cause though she's not physically harming anymore like Cicada, it doesn't make me feel good that she's being so sketchy especially tonight. I have to say it was a masterstroke of Eobard to tell Nora to redirect Sherloque's attention to love but it was a little weird that suddenly Nora realized that Sherloque was on to her. I suppose all the hints he kept dropping over the past couple of episodes might have worried her but it was even weirder that Eobard somehow knew about Sherloque's fatal flaw of obsession on one thing at a time. He tried to chalk it up to needing to know all the Wells's across the multiverse but that's so many and why would he need to know that to know Earth 1 Harrison Wells? We are told once again that Nora and Eobard are working together to stop Cicada but I still have a feeling that's not the case. Nora changed things up when she went back and she went back waaaay before Cicada even appeared so if I had to guess it was Eobard who planned that her return to the past would ruin things for Barry and once she realized that would come back for help further whatever scheme he has cooking.

Despite feeling out of sorts about the whole thing (and a little annoyed that we're pushing Nora and Eobard even further back), I actually thought Nora planned out Sherloque's meeting to Renee Adler was really well done and totally felt like fate and all that for Sherloque. I loved that he freaked her out with his detective skills but the best was when Nora called his ex wives and we realized that he actually fell in love with the same woman over multiple Earths. Not sure if this was creepy or romantic but let's go with it. It's even more funny that they all talk to each other and hired Gypsy to hunt him down next time he skips on an alimony check and it made me think that damn every other Earth must be more fun than this cause they all know the multiverse exists while our Earth really doesn't and if they do, they don't get to do fun stuff with it! I also liked the twist at the end where this Renee is a meta cause it ties her and this plot back to Cicada which was very well done for the writing of this show!

Less well done was the stuff with Iris. I was literally screaming at my laptop that Iris was being a moron when she snuck into Cicada's home. I love that Iris is out hunting for news again but it was ridiculous that she didn't bring backup or at least meta cuffs or a weapon of some sort! Like Caitlin was doing nothing all episode and Nora wasn't really all that busy either. Bring one of them! Or call for help when you were hiding. What happened to the meta alert on her phone? I wasn't too worried for her cause I mean I was sure she was going to be fine but it still gave me all the anxiety when she was interviewing Cicada. I knew it wasn't going to work but props to her on-the-fly thinking about lead in the water and then leading it to his daughter to make him uncomfortable. She was also pretty badass for taking on Cicada herself but this does also make the rest of team flash look like idiots for not being able to stop him themselves. She seems to have found a way to get the cure to him by the end and I'm curious as to what that could be... Maybe using his daughter or stabbing the cure into where his shard used to be?

The final storyline had to do with Barry and Ralph hunting down some tech at a black market. Again the writing was a bit wonky here cause like why send Barry aka the last person to be able to act like he could fit in when they have Killer Frost who's known in the rogues world as kinda a villain. It would have made more sense to send her and Ralph while Barry was on the coms and the only things I can think of as answers is that the show needed Barry to do something tonight and I suppose that when the meta cuffs were put on Killer Frost then Caitlin would come out and that would ruin the whole point but then again Caitlin did also work for Amunet... I loved Barry coming up with a villainous backstory on the fly but the fight where they took down Goldface's entire gang was everything and the reason that I think I enjoyed this episode so much! I was dying when Ralph did that sliding move that took out two members and he was like sorry I tripped. The ending was crazy and super cheesy that Goldface was still alive cause that boy was fried and the only reason he made it was cause the show needed Barry not to kill.

Sidebar but did anyone else also lowkey keep waiting for Killer Frost to show up at the end to save the day cause like again what the hell was she doing all episode? When they came up from underground their signal should have turned back on and then they should have radioed for help!

Next week looks super fun cause I love time travel/time loop episodes though the focus is once again on Nora and her screwups and honestly I'm a little over Nora by now but I suppose I can move past that cause I can't wait to see what happens!

I'll see you all Friday with my weekly drama reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment