Monday, February 11, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 13 Review

Holy hell my feelings are all over the damn place tonight especially after the way the episode ended! I enjoyed almost everything tonight except for one storyline which I'll talk about. Overall I think this was an amazing episode of Arrow and I'm so excited for what's moving forward!

So the main case of the week was the Star City Slayer who came over from Central City and to my immense pleasure it was creepy Stanley from Slabside. I totally forgot he existed tbh but as soon as we saw that Slabside outfit, I knew it was him. I'm actually really glad cause the villain was a lot of fun this week and I loved to hate him as a character so it was nice of him to return. It made the villain feel like someone we're interested in and it gave us a reason to fear him a bit. It was kinda odd the way the episode was played out like a horror movie for his scenes but I think it overall added to the whole creepy Stanley feel. It turns out he was abused as a kid and looked up to his older brother but ended up killing him when he disapproved of Stanley's murder streak and cause of that Stanley's been looking for men to replace his brother. It makes so much sense as to why he latched onto Oliver so quickly and I like the idea that he's been killing people off that were enemies to Oliver like those from last season who were working with Diaz. I know it's all terrible and stuff that people died but meh one less problem for Oliver in the future right?

I also kind of like that though he was a one-off villain (or would we consider him a multi-arc one cause he's been around for a while) he managed to do some damage to the team. We've been wondering all season if future Dinah's throat being slashed will happen this season and it did! Stanley did it and though Curtis saved her with tech, I'm sure that she probably won't be able to Canary Cry anymore which sucks super hard cause she already doesn't do it enough and I was so excited to have her outed as Black Canary cause now she can more after last week. It's interesting that a lot of her arc tonight had to do with how torn she felt about being outed and how worried she was that people wouldn't trust her as police captain anymore and now she probably won't have that problem anymore. I did like the appearance of Captain Singh though cause he's always fun to have around and I liked his pep talk with Dinah too.

Rene didn't do much tonight but Curtis and Diggle did. It seems as though Curtis might be leaving the show cause I've been wondering if he would since there's no mention of him in the flash forwards and tonight he decided to leave ARGUS and give Felicity back his half of their company shares. Now normally I wouldn't think anything of this cause our characters quit and rejoin all sorts of things but the fact that the job he chose is in DC makes me think they're writing him off especially with how he got a long-ish goodbye from Felicity in the hospital. Honestly I'm not that sad cause he was my least favorite character on Team Arrow and felt kind of redundant cause his expertise was tech but they had Felicity for that and once he gave up being out in the field, what was the point of him anymore?

We finally got some answers in the flash forwards this week. I almost missed the fact that the guy with Black Star was Connor Hawke (aka probably JJ) but the show made sure to emphasize who he was this week when Dinah recognized him. It's honestly super weird that neither she or Roy immediately knew who he was from looking at him but the flash forwards are super weird and I guess we're supposed to believe that Team Arrow really did break up and they've not seen each other in years otherwise how would they not recognize their friends' kids? This is especially true for Black Star who turned out to be Mia Smoak who I'm assuming is Oliver and Felicity's daughter (which we all kinda called) even though she didn't mention Oliver (cause who else would be her dad let's be honest.) I do kind of like the idea that everyone else may have split but at the very least Diggle and Oliver and Felicity stayed close with how their kids are working side-by-side. Mia also mentioned that Felicity is probably alive and I'm glad we're finally putting this whole Felicity is evil thing to bed cause it was clear from the way she was talking that they didn't plan the bomb thing themselves. I still think it was the douchebag from Rene's mayoral office who did it.

The final story we got this week was the only one I didn't like. William is still throwing a tantrum and I for the life of me cannot figure out what he's upset about. Yes Felicity and Oliver sent him to boarding school without his permission but he was the one who never said that he hated it or wanted to come home. Instead he lied about enjoying himself and got into a fight that got him expelled. He kept going on and on about how Oliver doesn't love him or want him around but then when his parents decide to keep him with them, he suddenly decides he wants to go live with his grandparents?Since when was his anger about wanting a normal life? And if he wanted this normal life so much, why get expelled from his normal boarding school? I feel like this storyline wasn't resolved at all and left so many more questions than answers! Also why the hell would he think going to Central City where metas run rampant is safer than Star City or wherever his boarding school was?

And can we take a minute to talk about how future William keeps bitching about how Oliver and Felicity abandoned him when he's the one who wanted to leave them? They were like stay with us, you're our family and you'll always have a home here but he was like peace out sucker? Is he pissed they didn't fight harder to keep him? Ugh

Suicide Squad next week and I can't wait! I have a very strong feeling that Diaz is going to escape somehow and that's what leads to Diggle telling Oliver and Felicity what happened which might bring back dark Felicity again. My only hope is that it doesn't lead back to relationship problems with Oliver and Felicity especially now that she's pregnant.

Also I'm sorry but I'm busy tomorrow night so no Flash review but I will see you all Friday for my weekly reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment