Friday, June 7, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Abyss (10/16): Go Se Yeon was a tough, accomplished, and an unrivaled beautiful female prosecutor who worked in the Seoul District public Office but gets into a fatal accident and dies. However, due to the mysterious magical marble—Abyss—Go Se Yeon is revived, but now in a totally different appearance. Go Se Yeon now possesses a common appearance based off of how “good” her spirit was in her previous life. Cha Min was the highly intelligent heir to Korea’s top cosmetics company but was also a smart, humble, and a kind-hearted man. Although he has both the brains and an astounding amount of wealth, he considers himself unattractive and is insecure about his looks. Like Go Se Yeon, Cha Min gets into an accident and dies. Due to the mysterious magical marble—Abyss—he comes back to life with a different appearance as an exceedingly handsome man just as bright as his spirit he had in his previous life. Go Se Yeon and Cha Min begin to work as a lawyer and an administrator at a private law firm and decide to investigate the magical incident. Romance blooms in the office as the two intertwine together to accept their same fate.

Honestly this show likes to play with my emotions doesn't it? One minute I'm like yes our crew is actually really smart and the next they're morons again and it's driving me up the wall. It makes me feel like the writers for this show just don't know what to do to extend the episode count. Part of me keeps comparing it to He Is Psychometric and how well written the murder mystery was in there and I really shouldn't cause it's never a good idea to compare shows! I was so excited that everyone found out that Ji Wook was not a good guy only for them to hand-wave his sketchiness away. Even if the criminal kidnapped Hee Jin's mom and then gave her up to Ji Wook, on what planet would he then hide her again?? Wouldn't the logical thing that a good guy do be to take her to a hospital?? Ugh. I did want to give a shout out to Se Yeon's cunning cause when she realized that Ji Wook might be a bad guy in the car, she played it off so cool which is why when she accepted the answer about Ji Wook being innocent I was annoyed though I do think a part of her still distrusts him and I hope that part at least keeps her from spilling any more secrets to him! In this type of scenario, I wouldn't trust anyone but my immediate circle anyway! It was expected that Young Cheol escaped from prison this week cause he is the Big Bad in this show but I was so hoping that he actually killed himself thinking the Abyss would save him since he doesn't know the rules yet cause I wanted it back in our hands but he was just faking it and seriously the cops were the morons here. Like why wouldn't you search for a pulse? The escape is a little annoying too cause I'm hardcore over him as a villain due to the fact that he's hella uninteresting. I kind of wish the show had paced out his mystery better. On another note, the romance is still fine and I definitely ship Min and Se Yeon together but this show does it so heavy handedly that I can't help but roll my eyes rather than squeal. I mean what was up with that solid ten minutes of dream flashbacks in the first episode this week?
Angel's Last Mission: Love (12/32): People just fall in love and devote their lives for love. Sometimes, they take the other one’s life away for their love. A cold-hearted woman meets an immature angel and they get to confront unexpected tragedy and crucial moment. Lee Yeon Seo is a cynical and arrogant ballerina. She becomes the heiress because of her parent’s sudden death. She doesn’t believe anyone since there are a lot of people around her who want her inherited money. Her distrust and arrogance make herself unable to love. She becomes the best ballerina, but she gets into an accident and has to give up her dream. Kim Dan is a mischievous angel. When he ends his duty as an angel on the earth, he gets to cause trouble and has only one last chance to overcome his critical situation to be extinct. And that last chance is to be a Cupid for Yeon Seo, but he despairs that he has to look after such an arrogant Yeon Seo.

This show is honestly everything guys and I was almost crying this week because of all the feelings that were welling up inside me. I was surprised last week when Yeon Seo and Dan's first kiss happened so quickly so because of that I knew something was going to happen to separate the two since obviously our main couple can't be together in like week 3 though I'm glad it seems like this isn't going to drift them apart as much as I was afraid of. I'm sure in a little while that Dan will decide that turning to dust is worth it if he gets to love Yeon Seo for whatever time he has left in this world but as for this week, it was hard watching him draw a line and start calling her Miss and hiding in that shed after he did so much for her. It was also heartbreaking seeing how much Yeon Seo needed him in her life and I hate that everything she worked for with taking back Fantasia was destroyed but at least now Dan knows that he shouldn't trust her family and that she wasn't overreacting about them. It's also clear why Dan is better for Yeon Seo than Kang Woo (who by the by is still the creepiest) cause Dan sees Yeon Seo and truly from the bottom of his heart wants her to be happy above all while Kang Woo sees his past love and is trying to fulfill her happiness. Speaking of, I hate how much he manhandles Dan and thinks of Yeon Seo as his possession but I have to admit that his backstory did make me feel for him. I was wondering why Kang Woo didn't turn to dust like we were told and though it was romantic that Yeon Seo's look alike took the bullet, it doesn't make sense based on the rules we got unless the angels who accidentally killed her turned to dust as well as a punishment (since no angel can touch humans unless told by God) which is why no one knows that Kang Woo is still roaming around. I'm also stuck on the fact that Dan's mentor thinks that Kang Woo is Yeon Seo's rib when he's actually a fallen angel. Shouldn't angels be able to read that? And if God is all seeing like he is, why didn't he try to kill Kang Woo again instead of just letting him wander the Earth? Also sidebar but I hate in stories like this how we're told God is supposed to be all forgiving and loving yet he ends up giving the harshest punishments when his subjects follow their hearts and the free will He gave. It also kind of sucks that Kang Woo already went through the whole I'll stop being an angel for love and fight God thing cause if Dan does the same, it'll either feel repetitive if it doesn't work or unfair if it does work cause though I love him with my whole heart, what makes Dan's love better than Kang Woo's unless we're going to say that before this Dan tried with all his heart to be good while Kang Woo half-assed his missions?
FINISHED Another Miss Oh (18/18): Two women, both named Oh Hae Yeong, find themselves constantly mixed up in each other’s lives because of their shared name. From confusion over boys and grades in high school to ending up in the same occupation and company as adults, they can't stop running into each other. And then there’s the man in their lives, a man with the ability to see into the future, a man who must decide which of these women he wants in it. Will these two women continue to find their lives entangled with each other? Or will they finally find a way to separate themselves from each other and become their own people?

    What a strange show that I decided to check out! I saw a gifset on Tumblr that showed Hae Young running into Do Kyung's arms like Deok Mi did to Ryan in Her Private Life and tbh that was enough to make me curious about this show. Overall I had a fun time with this show though somewhere around the middle I was so exasperated with how wishy-washy our male lead was. Do Kyung fell for Hae Young pretty early on but he was so back and forth about what to do cause of his guilt and his fear that he didn't deserve her. Like on the one hand it was probs one of the most real depictions of being guilty while also falling for the person you hurt instead of the normal brazen leads who pretend like everything's fine until the anvil drops but on the other, it got super annoying like the third time he did it I was like oh come on now! But I let bygones be bygones as soon as they got together cause seriously this couple was so cute. They had tons of chemistry and their kisses were some of the best I've seen in kdramas. But besides the cuteness, they were funny too. One of my favorite scenes was the one where they were kissing all over Do Kyung's apartment while Jin Sang crawled around trying to hide. I also love that they ended the show being married after starting the show with broken weddings cause it was poetic and had a bit of a circular feel to it. Hae Young's parents were also super cute and though I thought not only was the mom was a bit more overprotective than she needed to be, she displayed her love in a strange way. Despite that she loved Hae Young with her whole heart and that's what got me. I also was iffy about Tae Jin cause at first I felt sorry for him but then he got really violent and suddenly his love for Hae Young felt more like an obsession. I do think the way he was written off was a bit abrupt but at that point in the story I was over him. Surprisingly I also adored the third couple of Hoon and Anna who I really thought were going to be the comedic couple (cause like she was 21 and he was 33) but I ended up adoring how much they loved each other. I was less interested in the second couple of Soo Kyung and Jin Sang but props to them for finding love too. Overall I'd give this show a 9 / 10!
    Arthdal Chronicles (2/6): Eun Sum was born with a fate to bring disaster to Arthdal. Due to his mother's struggles to save him, he goes through hardships and grows up. He appears again in Arthdal. Ta Gon is a war hero of Arthdal. He has paved the way for Arthdal to become a prosperous city nation and he is the most powerful person in Arthdal. He dreams of becoming the first king of Arthdal. Tan Ya was born with the same fate as Eun Sum. She is the successor of the Wahan Tribe. Going through hardships, she realized her mission. She lives under the highest honor and her ambition is to become a politician

    Have you ever watched a show and just felt goosebumps up and down? That's how I felt about the incredible premiere for this incredible show! I had been looking forward to it airing for a while cause I adored the two main leads Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won and I thought it was unique that this was period piece set in an era before kings and nations. After watching the first two episodes, I'm seriously in awe. Everything about this show was incredible from it's characters to it's lore to it's costumes to the cinematography! It's like Avatar: The Last Airbender meets Game of Thrones. I love the idea that Eunsom is half an Arthdal and half a Neantal while also having lived most of his life in Iark so I can already see how he'd become a perfect king. I also love how sweet his relationship with Tanya who's shaping up to be such a badass with her amazing powers of talking to spirits is and that they're both already in love with each other. Tagon is as terrifying as all the Arthdal people who are straight up warmongers and not even trying to hide it. Like they were all we need to exterminate the Neantal cause we want their land and we know they're too strong to leave alive so we'll cheat to win rather than face them head on. The Iark people have no special fighting abilities so they can totally be made into slaves. It was heartbreaking watching the Wuhan tribe be attacked and I actually screamed out loud when Tanya got pulled from Helper. Speaking of, there's obviously some sort of magic in this show but I wonder how much and how overt. Like are Eunsom and Helper really reincarnations of Gods? I'm also curious to find out more about Arthdal itself cause so far it's not been defined as much other than warmongers like I said before. There definitely seemed to be some infighting happening at that council meeting with Tagon's father refusing to let him come home and the White Mountain Tribe not wanting to expand. If I had to guess, that tribe might be the only "good" Arthdals since Eunsom's mother is from there and she was kind and clearly loved her homeland enough to make her dying words about it. That was a crazy moment cause it's like girl if you stayed in Arthdal, you would have been killed! I'm also a little curious about Eunsom's brother (?) who's been kept captive by Tagon all his life and who Eunsom seems to share dreams with.
    FINISHED Beautiful Gong Shim (20/20): This drama is about the Love story of two sisters and two men. The talented older sister has everything, including a beautiful appearance, and her younger sister, who is less attractive but still has a warm heart. And two men appear in front of the siblings: a progressively more attractive man, who moved into a humble rental room on the rooftop of their building and another man who is handsome and wealthy from a plutocrat family. The romance-comedy drama depicts an eventful and unpredictable love story by the four people from such a warmhearted point of view.

    The synopsis for this show sounded pretty basic so I was kinda meh going into this drama and honestly I'm kinda meh leaving it. There were things I liked and disliked but nothing that made me fall in love or despise it. Almost from the first scene I realized that Dan Tae was obviously the missing chaebol and it took me a minute in order to warm up to Dan Tae cause there was just this vibe he gave off that creeped me out but I ended up loving how much he loved Gong Shim. I also didn't particularly understand the wig situation for Gong Shim cause it wasn't like it was a metaphor for how insecure she was especially since she kept talking about how much she wanted to take it off so like why even bother? I did like Gong Shim as a character though especially during the chunk of episodes in which she was chasing Dan Tae (even if he liked her too) and the bromance between the Seok cousins was cute as well as Joon Soo's father who was hilarious. What I didn't like was the heavy focus on the mystery of who kidnapped Joon Pyo though the reveals were fun twists in that we'd think one thing was happening only for it to be another after we rewound and saw the context behind it. I also really didn't like Gong Mi and I really didn't understand her character cause it felt like the writers were too afraid to pull the trigger with her so she danced along this weird line where she didn't do anything good or evil. Like I expected more from her after she blamed losing the trust of Joon Soo's mom on Gong Shim getting fired before and ruining their family reputation (as if she didn't lie too and that wasn't the real problem.) I also wasn't a fan of how Gong Shim's parents were written cause their emotional neglect was real strong but the show played it off as comedic when in actuality it was pretty horrific. And don't get me started on that terrible ending where Dan Tae just left for a year without any contact and then came back. It was a pet peeve of mine that the whole show Dan Tae refused to talk to Gong Shim about any of his problems and he never gave her choices. Ugh. Overall I'd give this show a 7.5 / 10 cause it was fine but not great.
    My Absolute Boyfriend (16/40): Da Da, is a woman who works as a special effects make-up artist but has a very cold-heart. She then, unexpectedly, falls in love with Yeong Goo, a humanoid robot programmed to be a perfect boyfriend. Yeong Goo begins to develop human emotions, and they end up in a love triangle with her famous actor childhood friend, Ma Wang Joon, who also falls for her.

    The episodes this week really made my heart hurt for Yeong Goo when watching the male lead be treated like the second male lead by Da Da in that she doesn't love him and rushes to Wang Joon's side and puts his needs above Yeong Goo. The thing is there's nothing wrong with that cause not only does she not owe Yeong Goo her love if he loves her but she's also been in love with Wang Joon for 7 years and that's not just going to go away. It also doesn't help that Yeong Goo is a robot and if I was her, it'd feel strange to love him back. Having said that, it's my brain that knows this but my heart that doesn't. I think it has to do with how pure and unselfish Yeong Goo's love is and the fact that he keeps being compared to that book which I assume is the Korean version of The Giving Tree. It gave and gave until there was nothing left and honestly it's that the saddest thing you've ever heard? I can't even tell how this show is going to end tbh cause since Yeong Goo is a robot, will Da Da chose him in the end if he's not human? Is this whole show a lesson on what true love is and a way for Wang Joon to realize how he failed before and fix himself for Da Da? I could see that being the case with how Are You Human Too looked at what makes a person human while here we're looking at what love is at it's core. I was glad that Da Da finally told Wang Joon that their relationship together wasn't perfect like he was imagining and that she had actual problems in it. I struggle with Wang Joon cause he just acts so entitled and I hate the way he talks down to Yeong Goo and the way he's treated Da Da so far. If he told her the truth from the start, then he wouldn't be in this mess taking his anger out on someone else like an insecure rage monster! I'm glad Da Da knows the truth now but I hope it doesn't make them get back together immediately cause like I said, there were real problems in their relationship that need to be discussed. Also the CEO guy is the one behind the death threats right?
    Partners For Justice Season 2 (4/32): In crime and in life, all contact leaves a trace. There is no perfect crime and our hero and heroine have the ultimate cooperation. This drama continues the tale of a forensic scientist and a prosecutor who make the best of teams.

    I suppose this show was popular enough during it's first season to have a second one green lit but I was honestly on the fence about the renewal since I wasn't the hugest fan of the first season due to it's poor writing and my distaste for the female lead. Despite that I had a good enough time watching the first season that I was like why not check this one out too and I figured maybe if I have low expectations, then I'll enjoy myself unlike with Eulachacha Waikiki where the first season was up there with my favorite kdramas of all time but the second season was meh cause I think I kept comparing the two. So far I do think I'm liking it better than the first. Eun Sol is much calmer and more rational than before and I like that for the first case she and Baek Beom are working on their own cases rather than her basically chasing him around for answers. Like I understand the idea of needing to spend time in the NFS for this show to work but last season it was a bit too much like he was a cop and she basically turned to him for answers. I still super don't ship them and I don't want any hints at it cause Baek Beom irritates me. I also like a lot of the returning cast like Baek Beom's team and Eun Sol's team. The case of the week was strange cause like we don't usually have ones where the prosecution is wrong and like the defendant wasn't innocent by any stretch of the imagination but he also wasn't guilty of murder. I had kind of hoped that Eun Sol would end up winning with some fancy new evidence cause that other prosecutor swooping in when the case looked open and shut only to back off when it looked like it was failing was such an asshole move. I already see terrible things from him. This makes me especially glad that Ji Han came back cause I enjoyed him a lot as a new prosecutor near the end of season 1 and Eun Sol needs someone else in the prosecutor's office that is on her side. 
    Perfume (4/32): Seo Yi Do is a top designer. Although he appears to be the perfect man on the outside, his personality leaves something to be desired. On top of that, he has about 52 phobias and 35 allergies. Min Jae Hee is a middle-aged housewife, who has devoted her life to her family only to see it fall apart before her eyes. She discovers a miracle perfume that makes her look young again. After recovering her youth, she ends up walking the runway in one of Seo Yi Do’s fashion shows and signs with a top modeling agency to become a celebrity. Both of them get a second chance at romance in what is described as a fantasy romantic comedy.

    I started this drama cause not only do I adore Go Won Hee but I loved the idea of the female lead being a model and the show being set around fashion. I really had no idea what I was jumping into since I didn't read the synopsis for this show so to my surprise it ended up being more of a fantasy than I expected. Honestly I debated dropping it after the first two episodes when the premise was revealed cause I usually don't like plots like this with magic to change bodies since I end up just wondering how the show can end without being sad especially when there's a romance building. This is especially weird cause Jae Hee de-aged alongside getting thin. Like will Jae Hee die at the end? Will Yi Do love her in her real body? I really would have preferred if Jae Hee divorced her husband and lost weight to become a model and then fell for Yi Do but unfortunately we have to play in the world we're given. I do love the idea that Jae Hee is using this magical perfume to live out a dream that was ruined 20 years ago when she accidentally got pregnant and not just to live out the fantasy of being young and rich. This drama actually has a ton of dark themes that are wrapped up in light packaging like when Jae Hee's daughter admitted to her friend that between her father and herself, they broke down Jae Hee's self esteem into nothing. Yi Do is also seriously the worst and it's one of those drama cases where the female lead is going to see the good parts of him while I'm over here like girl run. He is comedic of course but like that doesn't exactly lend itself to being a good love interest. I did like that he was so shocked by Jae Hee's living situation from before and that he's questioning what is going on with her. I wonder if the background check he's having his secretary run will end up with Jae Hee telling him the truth about the magic perfume. I also hope we get a lot more time devoted to fashion and modeling cause that's what attracted me to this show!
    Search: WWW (2/16): Bae Ta Mi works as a director for a big web portal company. She is in her late 30's and is quite competitive. With her competitiveness, Ta Mi enjoys success. The methods she uses to win has her wondering if she is doing the right thing with her life. Has she sacrificed too much of her personal life for success? Park Mo Gun is a man in his 20's and is a gifted composer. He creates music for video games. Mo Gun meets Ta Mi at an arcade. He falls in love with her due to her competitive spirit.

    My goodness this drama is amazing! Just like when I watched Arthdal Chronicles, I had goosebumps all up and down my body with how into this show I was. I adore everything from the cinematography to the storyline to the powerful and smart female leads to the already sizzling romance. The color palette for this show is so beautiful and Ta Mi is a complete and utter badass. I fell in love with her from almost the first moment she was introduced cause she's so fascinating. For once I feel like a female character is written to be more than just one personality trait (usually kind or clumsy in most dramas and honestly aren't people tired of it?) Ta Mi is smart and cunning and ambitious but also kind to random strangers. Her knee jerk reaction isn't to be an asshole and she isn't cold like a lot of other female leads who are meant to be powerful. I love love love the idea of working in internet companies and the fact that we're actually going to be trying to get the number 2 search engine to become the number 1 cause who doesn't love a good underdog story? It helps that Unicon is super corrupt with how it basically takes commands from a chaebol group and that they decided to toss Ta Mi under the bus several times to fix their mistakes when she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile Barro looks like a millennial internet startup with a competent crew and a moral CEO so I can't wait to see Ta Mi take down Unicon. I also really love Cha Hyun and I really hope that she and Ta Mi end up seeing eye to eye rather than being enemies cause they're more similar than they are different! The romance between Ta Mi and Mo Geon is also a point of interest cause I love how realistically their relationship started. No open eyed fish kisses and little to no touching here! But besides the fact that they slept together, I love their dynamic and how he is head over heels for her already. They have this intense chemistry that bleeds onto the screen letting you know that these two are into each other. I also really like the way we keep jumping back to their one night conversation over and over and I kind of hope we keep doing that in the future to give us small hints of things they said to each other.
    The Secret Life Of My Secretary (20/32): Do Min Ik is an intelligent man and the executive of a leading telecommunications company who always relies on his secretary, the loyal Jung Gal Hee. When Jung Gal Hee gets fired from her job she winds up assuming a double life as a famous movie industry figure, Veronica Park, after Do Min Ik gets into an accident that leaves him with face blindness (prosopagnosia).

    The more time we spend in this world, the more I'm sure Min Ik is just a lovable moron cause I get the idea of being unable to see faces but dude he should be able to recognize clothing and hair! Like Gal Hee has the same hair and shoes every single day but lose the sweater and she's a random person on the street for him. Find the same earrings Veronica wore in Gal Hee's bathroom? Think nothing of it! Gal Hee slips on something that he told Veronica? Not a problem! A woman saying that she's Veronica and meeting you for the first time? Obviously she's lying! I SERIOUSLY hate the whole lying thing and I'm furious that we seem to be doubling down rather than pulling away cause I don't think I've seen a single person on the internet who's been enjoying that storyline which makes me wonder why the writers haven't dialed it back?? I was actually surprised when Min Ik ran into the real Veronica Park this week and I was super hopeful that it would lead to him finding out the truth or that he would hang out with the real Veronica and find out that he doesn't actually like her but nope instead Veronica found out about Min Ik's face blindness and is blackmailing Gal Hee which by the way I don't know why she didn't say no! Like girl is it fun to be with Min Ik and have him think you're another person? Why can't you tell the truth?? It also sucks for poor Dae Ju who was just about to date Veronica and now he thinks that Min Ik likes her too! I'm also furious that Gal Hee went through all that trouble to fix her laptop only to leave it behind like it's nothing and have the file deleted letting the bad guys win AGAIN! I keep wanting everyone to smarten up including the damn cops who tossed away the idea that the driver might be behind it the second they heard it. I'd like to imagine that since they got the box cutter, they'll get his fingerprints and I hope Min Ik is still suspicious of him though I shouldn't get my hopes up cause Min Ik is clearly not smart enough to put clues together on his own.

      CDRAMA


      FINISHED La Coup de Foudre (35/35): Zhao Qiao Yi and Yan Mo are classmates in high school. One is a bad student and the other a top student. Although they don’t seem to have anything in common, they make a promise on the day before graduation to go study abroad together. But due to an unforeseen incident in Qiao Yi’s family, she can’t keep the promise and the two lose contact. Four years later, they meet again at their first class reunion. Qiao Yi finally admits her own feelings and decides to move to where Yan Mo lives in order to pursue him, but has to discover that there is already someone by his side. Yan Mo, though, secretly does a lot of things for Qiao Yi. While nobody can rival him when it comes to studying or working, he is unable to express his feelings. Will the two find together in the end?

      Ugh what a terrible ending to a terrible show. I honestly don't know how I even ended up finishing this show cause I was never all that into it for more than one episode every like five or six at the beginning and then it slowly devolved into a show where I had to fight not to smack the leads for their inability to communicate. Mo was the dullest male lead I have ever seen with the personality of drying paint and like for the life of me I just couldn't understand what Qiao Yi saw in him not that she was much of a catch either. She was too scared to ever admit what she wanted and spent the entire show hemming and hawing and mumbling. Even when they finally got together, there was no spark between them! Maybe it was because they're both such introverts but their relationship felt so flat and there was no cute giddiness from the idea of first love and like I'm not over here wishing that there had been more cliche drama between them but literally anything would have been better than what we got! The only reason I stuck around as you know if you've read any of my previous posts was Wuyi and Guan Chao's relationship which honestly should have had more screen time. Even though they had their own set of problems with their strobe light relationship of constant breaking up and getting back together for silly reasons, they were at least interesting to watch. The scene where Guan Chao finally admitted why he was against marriage (cause he was afraid he was like their birth father) was so poignant and then when he overcame that fear and proposed, I was almost in tears. I was honestly so bitter that we didn't get to see their wedding and that their engagement was overtaken by Mo and Qiao Yi's. Like we all knew that they had to get married cause of the flash forwards we've had all season but the show really couldn't pace it out so that Mo and Qiao Yi got married earlier instead of their weird breakup? Overall I'd give this show a 5.5 / 10 cause I really struggled to get through it and honestly there are tons of better cdramas out there to watch if you're looking for some.
      My Youth (9/24): Su Can Can loves learning about literary works. In her adolescence, she meets her best friends. Xu Mei Li is lively and cheerful, Lan Tian Ye is handsome and uninhibited, Lin Jia Ze is gentle and refined, Tao Ya Ting is beautiful and melancholic. In their journey, they have many little secrets and many worries. Whether in high school or in college, Su Can Can has collected many unforgettable memories. When she turned 28, she looks around and realizes that the people with her when she was 18 are still the same people around her now.

      Last week I was really wondering about how our squad would be together during their college years cause based on the synopsis, they are together for 10 years so I thought maybe we'd do a time skip like in La Coup De Foudre but it looks like they will all be going to Beijing together although we don't know if they're all going to the same school yet. Realistically I want to say they won't be and that they can probs still hang out if they're all in the same city but because this is a drama, I'd bet that they'll end up at the same school with the girls rooming in one room and the boys in another otherwise. If not, we'll have to be introduced to new characters who are their roommates but the ensemble cast is already big enough that I don't think they would do that. I'm curious if Yating doing really bad on her college entrance exams will be a plot point moving forward cause if Cancan did good, she definitely should have too. Like did she purposefully do poorly so she could to Beijing with the others? Or to see that music teacher again? I also don't entirely understand where Jiaze's crush on Cancan came from cause for most of the previous episodes, everyone though Cancan liked Tianye and Jiaze was not only one of them but he was also trying to get them together so now randomly he likes her too? I guess we're supposed to think that he liked Cancan too but kept it a secret cause Tianye liked her but at the start of this show, he didn't even seem to know who Cancan was and it wasn't until she was around Tianye that he did. I could seriously bet money that the love letter she put in his book is totally going to appear again in the future and probs after Cancan and Tianye get together just to up the drama. I still adore when those two are together and I wish Cancan would realize how much she should be with him instead of Jiaze though we have tons of episodes left.
      The Brightest Star In The Sky (36/44): As singer-songwriter C-POP star, Huang Zitao plays a role of a recalcitrant idol who debuted and become famous since he was young. He deeply likes music and keeps persistent, that is similar with Huang Zi Tao. This time Yang Zhen Zhen is a newbie manager who just starts the work. Being a newbie staff, she faces various obstacles but she never gives up her music dreams.

      A sad week for Biaxu it was! He's officially suspended and it's all cause of Baixu's father and Boss Chen having some sort of fight for dominance that's really very annoying. I've hated the politics of the music company in this show from the start and I still do. It never made sense cause it's not like either of our leads is in management so why focus on that other than to fill air time? Honestly this week it really made me wonder whether Baixu's problems have all been from Boss Chen being angry with his father and thus not only stifling him but also not giving him the proper help he needs. A few days with Gai Yu and Baixu is already leagues better than he was before and like if the whole company was so sure that Baixu couldn't sing well, why in the hell didn't they hire a voice coach for him? The whole thing is awful and I really just want Zhen Zhen and Baixu to leave and join a better company that isn't in it all for the money. Like Zhen Zhen's argument for why Baixu should be able to do hiphop was sound and it felt like Boss Chen was just throwing a tantrum for the sake of it when he refused to allow it. His big argument is that China doesn't like hiphop but Zhen Zhen just said that it's been booming in the market recently and I have to say once again what does the company have to lose if they let him do what he wants since their way isn't working? I was also thrilled that Zhen Zhen shut down Zi Rui for what hopefully is the last time. He came into this talk with the weirdest sense of entitlement like of course you still love me and now I'm ready to have you so let's be a couple. Um no you weirdo. I still feel like he's only doing this out of a sense of jealously that Zhen Zhen isn't devoting all her time to him.

      xoxo Allie

      No comments:

      Post a Comment