Friday, January 3, 2020

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and the amount of episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Love With Flaws (24/32):A romantic comedy about a woman who has an aversion for flower boys and a man who has an obsession with appearance as they overcome the prejudices against people with flaws. Joo Seo Yeon is a hot-blooded physical education high school teacher with a strong personality. 365 days and 24 hours, she is wearing her training uniform or jeans and sneakers. Because she suffered hardships due to her handsome older and younger brothers, she hates flower boys. Her ideal type is a “not handsome guy”. She will enter into conflicts with handsome Lee Kang Woo in everything. Lee Kang Woo is the chairman of boards of the high school. He is a man who is incredibly arrogant and is obsessed with appearance. He likes the attention of others and loves his looks. He spends 12 hours of his day to improve his looks. He has a flawless and handsome appearance. However, he has a secret that no one knows: he is suffering from past trauma. 15 years ago, he was overweight and ugly. This was when he got rejected by Seo Yeon. He had to change school after he had acute enteritis in the school bus. While meeting with a well-known psychologist, he realized that his irritable bowel syndrome disorder is connected to that girl of 15 years ago. He became the chairman of the school she is working at. She has changed so much, in the past, she hated ugly men and now hates handsome men.

I still have the same complaints I did last week about this breakup happening too soon but hell if it didn't break my heart anyway. It's such the struggle cause a part of me wants to hate Seo Yeon for Kang Woo's sake who is loving her with his whole damn beautiful heart and following her around like a puppy for the smallest morsel of love but I can't cause I know that Seo Yeon loves him too but is struggling. I don't know if I would react like she did and part of me also thinks that she's not fighting for their love the way Kang Woo is but honestly I'm also living for the angst and low key how the show is slowly revealing all it's secrets much earlier than expected. I died at how I totally thought that Kang Woo's family was going to put their foot down with Seo Yeon but I should have known what kinds of pushovers they all were and if Seo Yeon was in her right mind she would have them all wrapped around her finger in a heartbeat. On another note Min Hyuk is still the worst and I need Seo Yeon to slap him or something cause he's all up in her business even though she's said over and over that she doesn't like him. The best moments of the week though have to be a toss up between the really sweet moments between Seo Yeon and her brothers or Won Suk and Ho Dol cause though I'm loving how much Seo Yeon's brothers love and worry about her, I loved that Won Suk stood up for Ho Dol cause he clearly likes him even if he is pretending otherwise. Won Jae and Kang Hee are sweet too but it was a weird switch when suddenly Won Jae started to avoid her cause I totally didn't catch his sadness in their dinner date.
Psychopath Diary (14/16): Yook Dong Sik was running away from the scene of a murder and got into an accident. After waking up, he had no recollections of his memory and does not even know who he is. He only has with him a diary that recorded the process of murders and mistakes himself as a serial psychopath killer. Yook Dong Sik, a 34-year-old employee. He thinks that he is a psychopath. He is so weak and timid that he can’t refuse anything at work and people at his office are using him. He became the scapegoat at his company. All his friends, colleagues and family are turning his back on him. He decided to leave this world and even wrote a suicide note. The place he decided to commit suicide is the murder scene. He got amnesia because of an accident at the scene and got the psychopath’s dairy in his hands. When he woke up, he thinks that he is the murderer. Shim Bo Kyung, a 30-year-old, neighborhood police officer. She meets Dong Sik when he has amnesia. The more she knows about his story, the more she finds an unexpected look in him. She wants to catch the serial killer with Dong Sik as a partner of investigation. Seo In Woo, 36-year-old, the director of the company Dong Sik works in. He is a cold and meticulous psychopath who lost his diary. On the day of his 7th crime, he met Dong Sik and things went wrong. He lost his diary where all his daily life and course of crime was written.

You know I really expected it to be harder to not only find out that In Woo was the killer but also to find proof of him being the killer but to my surprise it was fairly easy to film In Woo killing cause he has no impulse control. I don't understand In Woo's father though cause last week I (like In Woo) thought that the father was similar to In Woo and didn't really entirely mind his killings but this week it felt like he despises In Woo and clearly really loves Ji Hoon and is only playing along cause In Woo is part of his company legacy and he doesn't want it to be hurt. It was funny cause I totally forgot what a complete ass Ji Hoon was at the start of this show when he appeared again this week cause he's obviously not on In Woo's side so like in my mind he's a good guy! I loved that Dong Sik's family believes in him so much even though it low key sucks that his office coworkers no longer trust in him. One of my favorite scenes of the week was when Dong Sik's dad hit him with a frying pan cause he wanted to take responsibility for Dong Sik's memory loss in the first place. I was also so relieved that Dong Sik didn't run away or lie about his returning memory cause the smart move was to work with Bo Kyung and the others! Next week is the finale and I'm guessing that since In Woo was caught killing his father on camera that it'll serve as enough proof to clear Dong Sik along with that tape recorder the dead police captain made.
Stove League (5/16): Baek Seung Soo is the newly appointed general manager of professional baseball team Dreams. The team ranks bottom of the league. Lee Se Young is the operations manager of the team and also a big fan of the baseball team. She has so much love for Dreams and she never gives up on the team. Han Jae Hee, an energetic man, who is the grandson of a furniture maker. Kim Young Chae, who is a softball player turned sports announcer. Yoo Min Ho, a pitcher, who is crazy about baseball.

Ahh only one episode aired this week cause of airtime needed for an awards show which super sucks cause the cliffhanger we ended on wasn't originally supposed to be a cliffhanger and I'm also wondering if this will mean that we have to only see one episode next week in order to return to normal scheduling but I hope that we get three instead! This week was focused on finding a foreign baseball player and it super high key sucks that of course the American guy was only interested in money while it was the Korean guy who picked passion for his sport over the money. I was totally fooled by the show cause I thought that Seung Soo's pitch to Miles about why Dreams was a better fit would work out especially since the actor playing Miles looked like he agreed but it turns out that nope it was money after all and I high key hope he regrets all of his life choices. In terms of Robert Gil though I did figure out pretty early on that he was probs a pitcher too and once we lost Miles I was like oh we're going to get Gil now. I really liked the press conference we got at the end cause Seung Soo really knocked all those press questions out of the park with his answers but I was surprised that the final question which will probs stump Seung Soo came from the girl who he was friends with at the start who was clearly trying to seduce Seung Soo through his mother unless I totally read that situation wrong and she's his sister. Tbh though I also had that question about whether he could do his military service now but I think it's a 2-year sentence so maybe not.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment